TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

From Kevin's MySpace Blog:

BTW- Breaking news on the Dunder Mifflin front. Don't hate me if it is not true. I have seen nothing. I repeat, nothing. But I have heard tell from knowledgable people who know things...that, "this week's episode of The Office, is the best episode of the show yet." That is a direct quote. And this person is pretty smart. Smarter than me. So give it an extra look- see. I know it is wrong of me to build it up.

Looks like it was Jenna who said that, and just got me ten times more excited:

Finally, you MUST catch our show this Thursday night. I've already seen it and it is THE BEST ONE we've ever done. I'm not kidding. It is called "Branch Closing".

Michael finds out that the Scraton branch is being shut down. He and Dwight go to New York to try and save the branch. The stuff they do together is the absolute funniest thing ever on our show. And also the most touching. Meanwhile, the folks at Stamford find out they have to absorb the Scranton folks.

The entire episode is amazing. I can't wait for you to see it. And...as if it couldn't get better...Pam has a new hairstyle again. I won't tell you what it is. I'll let you be surprised.

Oh great, now I am hyping this episode up way too much. I hate when I do that because I get disapointed if it isn't anything short of amazing.

Who wrote it?

Ryan's smart, he knows that if he dumps Kelly he'll most likely blow his chance at nailing Pam (not that they've given us indication he wants to but seriously, who doesn't?). His only hope is to make Kelly dump him. Now THAT would be a great premise for an episode.

Guest Felonies!

I think he really just enjoys nailing Kelly so much that he'll put up with her.

Oh great, now I am hyping this episode up way too much. I hate when I do that because I get disapointed if it isn't anything short of amazing.

Who wrote it?

I can't find the actual writing credits anywhere, but I would think Greg Daniels would take this one considering he's handled turning points like "Booze Cruise." Then again there's not a bad writer on the show, and as the DVD commentaries indicated, everyone contributes, so I think we have a winner on our hands either way.

From some OfficeBlog website

"LITO reader Shah pointed me to this article which shows this press release from NBC. It reads:

NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy “The Office”…will offer fans a first-ever, web-exclusive “producer’s cut” on November 9th. The episode will include additional scenes and extra footage not shown in the broadcast version. Viewers can log onto NBC.com at 9:00pm (PT) on November 9th to see the web-exclusive event.

That will be exciting! I love it that The Office continues to push the envelope on using technology for promotion.

Later on in the press release they report that The Office is the “#3 half-hour comedy on any network in adults 18-49.” But the cooler stat is that The Office ” is also primetime’s most upscale comedy, with the highest concentration of homes with $100,000-plus incomes and highest median income for its 18-49 audience among network comedies.”"

I was just bumming around IMDB.com and realized that Roy played Skip on Angel...that's too cool, Skip was a great minor character.

Sorry, anyway, I just rewatched season 2 on DVD, and I'm digging season 3 so far

I was just bumming around IMDB.com and realized that Roy played Skip on Angel...that's too cool, Skip was a great minor character.

Sorry, anyway, I just rewatched season 2 on DVD, and I'm digging season 3 so far

THAT'S it. I knew I had heard or seen the name "David Denman" before. Angel credits. Wow, that's neat.

THAT'S it. I knew I had heard or seen the name "David Denman" before. Angel credits. Wow, that's neat.

Skip? The demon who had Cordy become a higher being?

Ha. Greg Daniels has a live blog going right now on nbc's website. His latest update:

Pam and Jim

What do you think we should do? I was kind of thinking of dropping that storyline.

Loves it.

Future Dwight and the Stanley Tree got some good laughs from me. I was kind of disappointed that, despite previous episodes indicating Michael made a huge sale (albeit while wasting massive amounts of time all day) and showed Josh putting emphasis on Call of Duty over work, they still said "Michael sucks, Josh rules" and it was only Josh f'ing them over (which thankfully got Jim to say Michael would not do that, so he got some kudos) that kept Michael's job / the Scranton branch open. Seriously, Michael wouldn't even have been kept as a salesman?

I'm just nitpicking though. I enjoyed the episode. Earl was probably my favourite episode of the season as well.

I'm guessing the reason they wouldn't have kept Michael even as a salesman was the fact that he is an HR nightmare with all the stuff that he does. He would have been fired by now in real life.