TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Was that the realtor from Arrested Development?

Yeah, Ed Helms from the Daily Show.

I think that makes at least 4 actors who have been on both shows now.

Who else?

The actress who plays Phylis was in the boardroom on AD one time, the guy who plays Kevin was a gun salesman who sold a gun to Tobias, and Rob Riggle was the Booze Cruise captain and the activist who fell in love with Buster when he was in the coma.

Patrice O'Neal being the big sea monster again last night reminded me that he played T-Bone on AD in 'Top Banana'. He was a flamer.

I just watched "Switch Hitter," and Daryl plays the security guard also up for the part of Confidence Man #2.

No... what happened? Please describe.

It was a clip from the next episode where:

The office is in crisis mode after a large shipment of Dunder-Mifflin paper is accidentally sent out with an obscene watermark. Michael tries to manage the media with an impromptu press conference. Jim and Andy try to calm the high school principal who has sent out prom invites on the affected stationery.

The "obscene watermark" is of two cartoon animals having sex. The clip was of Michael and Dwight talking to a woman about it, saying they'll take care of it. Then Dwight says something along the lines of at least the picture is spot-on, since he lived on a farm he's seen animals having sex in pretty much every sexual position. Goat on goat, chicken on chicken, chicken on goat, two goats on a chicken, and on and on. He then said that he should note that at least the obscene watermark was consensual sex, since both cartoon animals were smiling.

Keep Andy away from children. That's all.

Oh, and I'm starting to have a crush on Kelly.

The ending was made even better by the fact that Dwight clearly spent a lot of money trying to replicate Jim's wardrobe.

Good episode. "Lord, beer me strength," is my favourite line in a while.

I actually thought the Andy/Jim subplot was kinda weak, but that may be because the other ones were really strong in comparison. Michael was in rare form with the press conference and it looks like he's going to get into big time problems for it with corporate.

I actually thought the Andy/Jim subplot was kinda weak, but that may be because the other ones were really strong in comparison. Michael was in rare form with the press conference and it looks like he's going to get into big time problems for it with corporate.

"OH YA WELL I'M GONNA CALL THE UNGRATEFUL BIOTCH HOTLINE!"

dwightjimfaceea4.jpg

Man,

Jim as Dwight and Dwight as Jim totally made an otherwise OK episode.

As an aside,

I was at my parents' house and watched it, and three times my Mom cracked up,

having never seen the show. That's a good TV show there.

Get this guys:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for...8738/index2.htm

At NBC's "upfront" presentation to advertisers on May 14, Zucker says he expects NBC to unveil five new programs - three dramas, one comedy, and one reality show - for its fall schedule. Zucker and Reilly are considering stretching The Office to an hour and canceling the original Law & Order.

I've almost been expecting for this to happen. I think the show fits much better in those "supersized" episodes.

I actually like the 45-minute ones best in terms of pacing. I worry a bit that hour-long shows could wear thin and really force them to accelerate their production schedules, making things a lot rougher and more hit or miss.

"I am saying all sorts of...things."

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me!"

What a bizarre episode. Extremely off-the-wall, even for this show. Enjoyable though.

The delivery of "Okay buddy" really made me laugh.