TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Damn, when I read that, I thought it meant they would show Office reruns every day as part of their "Coffee Break" block, but no such luck. It will just be 2 back to back episodes on ONE night a week to lead in to their crappy original comedy shows.

There's only been 53 episodes so far. In showing two a day as TBS usually does (even when breaking up the longer ones), they would burn through the whole series in a little over a month. That wouldn't work out too well.

YES ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

And what channel does everyone think the show is going to for syndication? I think Comedy Central is going to pick up the Office and Earl so they can have an NBC night or something with Scrubs.

Oh really? I missed that one. Especially since its right on this page.

I should read the whole page first.

I'm not going to go thru the whole thread.

AND LOOK AT THAT, does it hurt to post again? NO.

Jesus Bob.

Stop bickering, you two.

Anyway, I normally don't watch all the fan videos on YouTube since they're so sappy, but here is an AMAZING one set to "Mr. Roboto." Best ever.

You may have seen the site before, but definitely check out http://www.officetally.com now if you haven't. The webmaster just posted part 2 of her amazing Q&A with writer Michael Schur (The Negotiation, Traveling Salesmen/The Return, The Job, etc.). Part 1 can be found a few posts down. The site is really informative and posts news as soon as it comes out.

This is also on Office Tally, regarding Season 4:

The network announced Monday that the comedy’s season premiere on Thursday, Sept. 27 would be an hour long. Later in the day, though, executive producer Greg Daniels noted that the show would run long for its first four weeks, eating up four of the five extra half-hours NBC trumpeted as a rerun-busting strategy at May’s upfronts.

So the first four episodes are hour-longs, and I assume they would leave the last hour-long for the season finale. Odd choice, I expected them to spread them out across the season. Maybe they're still considering the show going 60 minutes full time (for season 5) and this is a test.

Wait a minute-

Who changed the thread's subhead from This is the first refrigerator I've ever owned to ::The Thread::.

That's really lame. Change it back, mods.

Northern Attack has: Thanks. I’ve never owned a refrigerator.

Still, changing it from Creed quote to ::The Thread:: is lame. Especially since this thread is obsolete in two months when Season 4 starts

Some notes from eonline, possible minor spoilers:

The Office: Rashida Jones, aka Karen Filippelli, will be back this fall. Greg Daniels and company were able to work out a deal where she’ll show up for at least an episode or two when The Office returns this fall.

Jenna is doing fine, though still recovering from her May injury, and will most definitely be sitting behind the reception desk at Dunder-Mifflin come September, but the producers may have to go easy on her the first few episodes. Says Daniels, “Luckily, Pam sits a lot on the show.”

We’ve seen the last of David Denman, aka Roy, for the time being, since he’s been fired and is no longer dating Pam. However, he’s not dead and, according to Greg, could return at any time.

We will see more of Ryan this season! There will be great stuff between Michael and Ryan now that Ryan’s the boss. But sadly for Kelly, things between her and Ryan are not going well.

Jan really is moving into Michael’s condo, and when I asked if she’ll be wearing stretch pants, Greg Daniels was kind enough to confirm.

The hourlong episodes (announced earlier this year) will be the first four of the season, probably because Scrubs won’t be on yet.

The season-three DVD drops Sept. 4, and Daniels says they overproduce so much, there will be about five or six hours of extras on it.

Some notes from eonline, possible minor spoilers:

The Office: Rashida Jones, aka Karen Filippelli, will be back this fall. Greg Daniels and company were able to work out a deal where she’ll show up for at least an episode or two when The Office returns this fall.

Jenna is doing fine, though still recovering from her May injury, and will most definitely be sitting behind the reception desk at Dunder-Mifflin come September, but the producers may have to go easy on her the first few episodes. Says Daniels, “Luckily, Pam sits a lot on the show.”

We’ve seen the last of David Denman, aka Roy, for the time being, since he’s been fired and is no longer dating Pam. However, he’s not dead and, according to Greg, could return at any time.

We will see more of Ryan this season! There will be great stuff between Michael and Ryan now that Ryan’s the boss. But sadly for Kelly, things between her and Ryan are not going well.

Jan really is moving into Michael’s condo, and when I asked if she’ll be wearing stretch pants, Greg Daniels was kind enough to confirm.

The hourlong episodes (announced earlier this year) will be the first four of the season, probably because Scrubs won’t be on yet.

The season-three DVD drops Sept. 4, and Daniels says they overproduce so much, there will be about five or six hours of extras on it.

These scenes could be gold. They should devote at least part of an episode to Jan moving in.

More of Ryan. Excellent. I'm actually working hard to get him to do standup at my school in the Spring, so hopefully I'll get to meet him.

Interesting to read about Roy's departure, especially considering there was an interview with Mindy Kaling about a week ago where she said in the episode she was writing (the sixth of the season) there was the return of a character we thought we'd seen the last of. I figured Roy, but maybe it's Amy Adams or something.

And Bob, instead of fighting the Creed thing, just think of a good season 3 quote to sub-headline the Season 4 thread. Preferably an Ed Helms line.

I was going to do Creed, but I'll look for Ed Helms.

BJ Novak has a reputation for being kind of a dick, based on what I've heard.

Character we've seen the last of? Hmmmm, I could see it being Carol

I don't know about season 3 since I haven't seen it yet, but in 1 and 2 I didn't think he was in it/involved enough to warrant having him in the opening credits. That might just be me.

But would we see the last of Todd Packer? Someone like Carol, Katy, Josh etc would make more sense.

Mole, bring back the Creed quote

Yeah, which is why I said: "they never said he was gone."

I just like him.

Bring back what?