* Comedy Series: The Office

* Lead Actor In A Comedy Series: Steve Carell

* Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series: Rainn Wilson

* Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series: Jenna Fischer

* Directing For A Comedy Series: Ken Kwapis, Gay Witch Hunt

* Writing For A Comedy Series: Greg Daniels, Gay Witch Hunt

* Writing For A Comedy Series: Michael Schur, The Negotiation

* Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series: Dean Holland, Dave Rogers

* Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (half-hour) And Animation: John Cook, Peter J, Benjamin Patrick, The Coup

I'm so happy for Jenna.

I think John Krasinski deserved an Emmy nod obviously but Rainn has the more showier role, so I'm not suprised he got nominated.

Well, this was definitely more Rainn's year than John's. Voters missed the boat nominating John last year. Plus, he submitted "Business School," which was funny, but probably not the best choice.

I love the writing nominations, too.

Jenna's blog was really cute too. I love how down to earth she is. Can't wait for her special blog

A quote from People Magazine-

Wilson's costar, Jenna Fischer, was also recognized for her role on the NBC series with a nomination for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy. "I'm totally thrilled for Jenna," he says. "One of the first calls I made, I made to her, and I haven't heard back from that bitch. But yeah, I'm so excited for her."

I saw Evan Almighty last night- crappy as you'd expect. Ed Helms is in it though, and is really funny. The convict is in it as well, but doesn't have a speaking role. I think his scenes were cut out.

The Television Critics Association has awarded The Office its Best Comedy award for the second year in a row. Awards were presented tonight at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

In his acceptance speech, exec producer Greg Daniels said he’d been reading Harry Potter for most of the day, and went on to match the cast members standing behind him to characters from J.K. Rowling’s world. His picks: Brian Baumgartner, who plays Kevin, as Hagrid; Oscar Nuñez (Oscar) as Victor Krum; Mindy Kaling (Kelly) as Parvati Patil or Luna Lovegood; Angela Kinsey (Angela) as Dolores Umbridge; Leslie David Baker (Stanley) as Mr. Dursley.

The thread subhead thing. It used to be a quote from Creed, now it says ::The Thread::

What's the exact quote you had before? I know it isn't the one someone just made.

The gang started shooting season 4 this week. The first hour-long is called "Fun Run" and was written by the man, Greg Daniels.

There are spoilers (sorta) about the nature of the "fun run," which sounds like typical Michael blowing things out of proportion, and two on-location pictures at OfficeTally

I'd love it if they had Michael fuck up and sponsor somebody without knowing how much he's paying like in season one.

And please, please let this season start off with Oscar not being gay. I loved the line in season three about him trying girls for a while.

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS

This should tide you over until the premiere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

Spoilers, I guess. It's new footage on how everyone spent their summer vacation.

My favorites were:

Ryan: I think I dated a black girl. Plus he looks absolutely hilarious.

Creed: I have grandkids. And kids!

Kelly as a vindictive ex is going to be amazing.

Who else is getting the Best Buy exclusive gift set of Season 3 Tuesday? Bonus materials include a mini Dwight bobblehead, letter of acceptance and a DUNDIE AWARD! And all of it comes in one of those cardboard storage containers regularly seen on the show. Easily worth the extra 10 bucks.

I don't see it on Best Buy's Canadian website and as awesome as it sounds, I'm on the fence over wanting any version of it on DVD for immediate re-watching and such or putting it off for a bit in hopes I can find it a few weeks later on a trip to the states.

Nah, I just ordered the regular version from amazon, which shipped today. There is a detailed account of the DVD and its extras from OfficeTally:

http://www.officetally.com/guide-to-the-office-season-3-dvd

Apparently the Target Special Edition has a video from The Office Q&A panel at Paley Fest, but I'm not sure how long it is (considering the event itself was an hour or two).

Who else is getting the Best Buy exclusive gift set of Season 3 Tuesday? Bonus materials include a mini Dwight bobblehead, letter of acceptance and a DUNDIE AWARD! And all of it comes in one of those cardboard storage containers regularly seen on the show. Easily worth the extra 10 bucks.

My parents gave me an extra $50 for my birthday and I wasn't sure what I wanted to get with it.

Now I know. I totally forgot that this was coming out Tuesday.

I've read that on the DVD Traveling Salesman & The Return were combined into one episode (They didn't take anything out, they just combined them as if it was a one hour episode).

Any idea why they would do that?

Well they were originally planned and written as one episode (notice they were both written by Michael Schur and Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg and directed by Greg Daniels). And in an extremely short time span, if I remember correctly, because of the size of the season order; I think the hour was written over all of about 3 days, and that's quite amazing considering those two episodes are two of the best of the season.