TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

WWE Sign 2 Cold Scorpio.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
WWE SIGNS ANOTHER FORMER ECW AND WCW STAR TO RETURN

WWE has signed former ECW, WCW, and WWF star 2 Cold Scorpio to a three year deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The former ECW World Television and Tag Team champion had a tryout match a few weeks back in a dark match against Rene Dupree. King Booker had been pushing for Scorpio to be picked up by the company.

There's no word yet as to what brand Scorpio will be assigned to yet. In recent years, Scorpio had been a regular for Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan and was living out of Germany. I believe he is in the process (or just completed) moving to Florida, Scorpio had been working for a number of independent companies over the past summer, including IWA Mid-South and Pro Wrestling Unplugged.

Anyone who doesn't think this is awesome can eat shit.

Scorp still has it. Maybe not the same "it" he used to have, but he can still put on a fine performance, albeit in a different role than before. Watch some of his recent NOAH stuff--it's very fun.

Freaking awesome, we lost Boogey man but we got Scorpio. I think the fans won with that one.

Either put him on ECW or Smackdown.

Maybe they can sign Bagwell and reform Stars and Stripes to compete with the Spirit Squad for the tag titles.

Stars and Stripes was the name of the team when Bagwell was teaming with The Patriot. Scorpio and Bagwell didn't have a team name.

Maybe they can sign Bagwell and reform Stars and Stripes to compete with the Spirit Squad for the tag titles.

Stars and Stripes was the name of the team when Bagwell was teaming with The Patriot. Scorpio and Bagwell didn't have a team name.

Crap. You are right on that. It is weird though, I seem to recall Bagwell and Scorpio wearing red, white, and blue outfits to the ring though. That might be why I called recalled them to be Stars & Stripes.

I haven't seen Scorpio in years, but from all accounts he can still go, though I believe there was a weight issue with him though. In the very least he fits the mould of hiring the wily ring veterans though I can't see him getting too much of a push no matter what brand he lands on. Then again Finlay's got seven years on him and he's still a helluva worker, so maybe he'll surprise me.

The 3 years likely means nothing, as it will be the standard 90 day roll-over.

I'd actually like to see him brought in to SD! and put in an angle with Booker T, maybe after his Court fails him sorta deal or outside of the Court, he just has an ol'friend take care of Lashley.

He was also pretty good at Hardcore Homecoming last year. Age has slowed him down some, but he's still 2 Cold Scorpio, by God

Apparantly WWE is serious about giving him a main event level push. They already have hired an outside marketing firm and production team who produced his titantron entrance and viewer intro video. It was leaked out to stir up the press, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7AMIutwg4Y

Glad that made it to the internet. It's what I referenced from the WCW VHS New Blood on the Block tape.

"We're gonna walk?"

"No. We gonna step!"

I bet those poor kids never made it to school OR the game room (arcade?)

We'll, they're shown walking into a school at the end...

Guest droptoehold

scorpiohu5.jpg

scorpio as of last year

man they REALLY just need to run that video

from the early 90's!!! that would be an awesome

build up for his return! COMEDY!

Having watched him in NOAH, I'd say it's good news. He's bulked about a little from his Flash Funk days, so I could see him fitting in a little better. I say 'a little', because I half-expect him to turn up on RAW for no reason other than everyone turns up on RAW. Assuming he goes to ECW or Smackdown (if Booker really was pushing for him), it's a good signing.

We need a pool on how long before somebody calls him 'Flash Funk'. I say 5 weeks in ECW (by Striker), 3 weeks if he's on RAW (by Edge), or as soon as he comes through the curtains if on Smackdown (JBL).