TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO No Surrender PPV Thread - September/24th/2006.

I really thought you all were lying before I checked the TNA site and wow....surreal...this blow's Christian's jump right out of the water.

Well, Bound for Glory just started to look a lot better. What do think we get?

Sting's Last Shot at the Title

Joe vs. Angle

The Naturals vs. Styles and Daniels

Maybe bring in Team 3D to face LAX.

Guest Princess Leena
TNA just fired a gun at McMahon right now. Again, WWE heads must be pist. Angle and TNA fucking swerved EVERYBODY

Vince may well be pleased. TNA takes some of the blood of his hands by signing Angle.

Nah I wouldn't book Joe vs. Angle right out of the gate because there's no way I'd end Joe's streak vs. the WWE guy they just signed, and you can't just kill Angle's heat out of the shoot. That's the kind of match they need to build over a year or something.

I have to admit with the Angle announcement and the TV slot announced TNA is looking more formidable. Now if they can just get some house shows going on a regular basis (a real tour, not just spot indie shows) they'll expand the fanbase nationwide.

For those not watching,Jay Lethal beat Petey Willams with a roll up. Willams was trying to leave the ring because he was about to shit himself due to Dutt putting laxatives in Willams drinking water.

nice to see them stealing ideas from Eddie Guerrero/Big Show

Guest Kobe24KGold
nope, 2 hours.

and HOLY SHIT. This alone is the most exciting that wrestling has been since... I have no idea when

Since the last Nitro....the RAW/Nitro simulcast

5 years babyee!

The Torch reported it's true, no pun intended.

How Angle will actually benefit TNA in his current state is beyond me and Kurt is insane to turn his back on Vince like that. He'll never be welcome back in WWE again, so there goes his DVD retrospective. Much like Luger and Medusa defecting to WCW, this will be one that Vince never forgives.

Despite everything Vince has done he does have a big heart for forgiveness. I can't see him burying Kurt Angle's legacy (short as it is) or never bringing him back. If anything if Kurt wants back I think it will be a case of the grass really isn't greener.

No he'll bring him in to bury him on national television.

Guest Kobe24KGold

With a huge signing like Angle, I think they would've been better served to move to Monday Nights.

How you guys forget the Crash Holly and Shaft interaction? Or Edge and the Highlander cast?

or The Rollerball cast with APA? or Ashton Kutcher hanging out backstage at SD with E and C to promote dude wheres my car. or the weird dude who came out on wcw thunder once

but then again we got Davide Arquette, WCW chamion, so all is not great

hell yeah, it has been 5 years since wrestling has been this exciting. I can't wait to see what comes of this, from both sides.

I can only hope Kurt and TNA know what they've gotten into with one another. I pray Kurt can use this as a good time to heal as oppose to go indie apeshit in his matches.

But, we will see, oh we will see! :)

Vince could never bury Angle. Angle gives (gave) the WWE something it never had. Legitimacy.

I wouldn't say never. I would point to people like Bret Hart and ask you to reconsider, despite the different circumstances.

Thursday is better than Mondays. You not only have Raw but Monday night Football seems a lot fresher with a move to ESPN. You do have CSI, etc, but you have competition on most nights too except Saturday and Friday-when many of your target audience is out or watching football.

Jarrett treated Joe like shit during that match. Made his offense look foolish.

Bad PPV; good Ultimate X match. Sabin-Low Ki had awful booking; truly terrible shit.

Thursday is better than Mondays. You not only have Raw but Monday night Football seems a lot fresher with a move to ESPN. You do have CSI, etc, but you have competition on most nights too except Saturday and Friday-when many of your target audience is out or watching football.

NFL, will start thursday night games later this season.

I don't think Angle will really help TNA's ratings all that much. The time change will help some, but has Angle ever really been a big ratings draw? It's not like ECW's ratings were affected either way if he was there or not. I mean yeah they have gone down since he was released but I'm not sure if there's a major connection there.

that's sort of irrelevant to consider, only because this is just like the Monday Night Wars "omg he switched COMPANIES" deal. People will watch out of principle. It's not like going fro Smackdown to ECW at all.

So I have to ask again, why did Joe walk away after the match with the belt?

I thought Joe just grabbed it and looked at the belt and put it down? It was kinda rushed since Cornette went straight to the ring.

He did grab it and looked at it, but before the camera shot went back to the ring, he was walking away with it.

Guest netslob
I don't think Angle will really help TNA's ratings all that much. The time change will help some, but has Angle ever really been a big ratings draw? It's not like ECW's ratings were affected either way if he was there or not. I mean yeah they have gone down since he was released but I'm not sure if there's a major connection there.

he might improve ratings in a morbid, "Faces of Death" kinda way.