TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

There have been many reports on the news today about the launch (and really, the only times videogames are in the news, it's during a launch) and crazy stories about people fighting in line or getting robbed. There was even a shooting somewhere. It's totally insane to spend that much time in line for a console and it's even more retarded if you make that kind of trouble just to jump over the people who spent hours in line.

It's even more hilarious since there are already problems with a few console and PS3 are selling for less on eBay than the 360 did at launch. Is it so hard to wait a few more months and be sure to have a quality system and more games to choose from ?

So how many of the campers ended up not getting a PS3? That would suck so much, camping out in the rain for two days and getting nothing. Haha, losers.

The people who are going to really get screwed over are the idiots who paid $1,500 on eBay for a pre-release receipt back when preorders first started, and now probably won't even get a system at launch because of shipment cuts. Haha, losers.

And I know everyone else has said this already, but this eBay market is just nuts. There are 19534 items for sale right now in PlayStation 3 -> Systems. That's crazy. How many total PS3s were released in the US?

I went to Best Buy around 5, and about 10 people (including myself) ended up getting nothing..Had I shown up yesterday afternoon before 3, I would have had the final PS3 in stock (whether it was 60gb or 20gb)

A lot of people on Gamefaqs are already complaining about overheating, hard drive's not functioning properly..it's very amusing

- After today's PS3 launch in USA, president of SCEA Kaz Hirai said subsequent deliveries of PS3 consoles will be made to retailers in weekly basis.

Translation: Retailers will get one PS3 a week.

It's even more hilarious since there are already problems with a few console and PS3 are selling for less on eBay than the 360 did at launch. Is it so hard to wait a few more months and be sure to have a quality system and more games to choose from ?

But but, but then they can't be smug about having the brand new video game console on the first day it was released!!!!

The people who are going to really get screwed over are the idiots who paid $1,500 on eBay for a pre-release receipt back when preorders first started, and now probably won't even get a system at launch because of shipment cuts. Haha, losers.

Seriously anyone who paid a thousand+ bucks for a fucking recepit, a pre-order that might not even be guaranteed, is a fool and deserves to get ripped off. At least buy the actual product.

A lot of people on Gamefaqs are already complaining about overheating, hard drive's not functioning properly..it's very amusing

Joystiq is also reporting buggy HDMI functionality, and we already know about the problems with 1080i resolution being downscaled.

Another Sony launch, another shitty-designed product not ready for prime time.

I don't get why the department stores don't just tell the long lines of people exactly how many they have in stock, hand out assigned numbers, and be done with it. I mean I don't understand how there are lines of a hundred people, when everyone knows most stores will only get 15-20 units at the most. If I showed up to wait in line, and there were 50 people in front of me, common sense says "I aint getting one"

I don't get why the department stores don't just tell the long lines of people exactly how many they have in stock, hand out assigned numbers, and be done with it. I mean I don't understand how there are lines of a hundred people, when everyone knows most stores will only get 15-20 units at the most. If I showed up to wait in line, and there were 50 people in front of me, common sense says "I aint getting one"

Ah, but you're using common sense, a skill that eludes most people who would wait in line for a videogame system for a week.

I was, and still am, impressed by the orderly fashion in which today's PS2 launch went, eliminating the need for a violent bloodbath. We had four PS3's, and four campers since Wednesday. Not a single person who called over the last few days was upset or yelled at us for saying, "Well, there's four people in line, and four models arriving. You're pretty well out-of-luck".

Even the guy who offered me $500 to set one aside for him didn't seem to mind.

I was at Zellers on an unrelated mall trip today and noticed signs in the electronics department apologizing for Sony "not providing promised units" (or something similar). They only appeared to have 2 or 3 games and I don't even recall what they were.

I decided not to wait in line when it became a 2 day thing. Half a day then all night I could deal with.

The stores like the lines because most of those people have money to burn, and if they can't get a PS3 maybe they'll buy something else.

As for the guy above- he's gonna make back all of that money he spent, plus interest, if he sells them on eBay.

I just made a cool 700 bucks selling my 20 gig system w/ 2 games and an extra controller on eBay, and I mean 700 dollars profit on top of the initial investment.

Browsing through ebay, it seems the most anyone will pay is about $1,700. There are pages of listings from people who started their auctions at less than the list price, so quite a few PS3s are bidding BELOW retail right now. The highest prices that get real bidding action are around $900-1,000. There are just too many of these things on the secondary market.

The PS3 smashing thing was basically the same as the XBOX 360 one last year. Same comments too. "Can I have the controller???" Not that exciting, really.

Also, buying a video game system as an investment strategy is stupid. Get a life, and get a real job.

Browsing through ebay, it seems the most anyone will pay is about $1,700. There are pages of listings from people who started their auctions at less than the list price, so quite a few PS3s are bidding BELOW retail right now. The highest prices that get real bidding action are around $900-1,000. There are just too many of these things on the secondary market.

Yeah, the market is just completely flooded. There's 35,000 PS3 system auctions right now, which iirc is more than 10% of the total systems sold at launch. For sale on eBay at one time. That's just ridiculous.

I'm not sure why sellers are so eager to sell. If I had a PS3, I'd wait until about December 10th, when this crazy initial sales rush dies down, the market is less flooded and you get the desperate Christmas market. Christmas demand will probably be more crazy then this early adopter demand, and it really won't start to hit until after Thanksgiving.