TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Warhawk rules.

Pretty much a very watered down Battlefield but very balanced and much more fun to fly. Once there is more downloadable content added it will be even better than it already is. Well worth the 40 bucks.

PSN Tag is Theschill :)

Only other online games I have at the moment besides Warhawk are Madden 08 and NCAA 08.

I didn't buy the hard copy of the game because I already have a decent headset but i'm not sure if the darn thing even works for Warhawk. I an hear other people talking but whenever I hold down L3 and talk noone reply's :(

The Mic definitely works when I set it up through the system setting so maybe people are just ignorant!

Warhawk rules.

Pretty much a very watered down Battlefield but very balanced and much more fun to fly. Once there is more downloadable content added it will be even better than it already is. Well worth the 40 bucks.

Yeah 40 bucks (or 60 retail) for 5 maps is an insane ripoff in my opinion. Especially since I got Battlefield 2142 for that much when it came out and it has a shit-ton more content.

There are technically more than 5 maps. There are 5 different "map modes" that change the layout and features of the 5 core maps, which changes the experience quite significantly. Also, they're apparently going to be releasing free downloadable content, which will bump up the number of core maps and perhaps add different gameplay modes.

Word on the TZ street is that Tekken 5:DR online is up for download but everyone's getting a bunch of errors. I'll try anyway when I get home. Would be so hot if it's legit.

If anyone wants to play, PSN tag is PSUJer. I'll probably get SPF2 also.

Yeah it's up, I got it.

The interface isn't bad, but the lag can be fucking brutal.

It's great when you actually get a good lag-free match, though.

This is no surprise, of course.

My friend...er...this guy I know and kind of don't like, but he's got roommates I'm friends with, he's got a PS3 and I'll try to convince him to get it online and download Tekken.

Maybe I can occasionally get online...

Played some more Tekken last night and it wasn't nearly as bad. Maybe people are starting to realize how to connect. If both people have the PS3 hooked directly to a cable modem and they're not thousands of miles away, it's definitely playable, even feels like real Tekken. You've just got to stay away from wireless, that murders it.

So, the Lair scores suck.

Sony decided to send a Reviewer's Guide out to many of the gaming and review press. Telling them how to play this game, with it's supposedly stunning, intuitive motion controls.

Here's Chris Kohler's review of the Review Guide: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/review-the-lair.html

haha at first I thought that was a 'Reviewer's Guide' telling them how to review the game '10/10 please'

That said, I would give this guide a positive review based on my sole criteria for books: how they smell. This smells wonderful. Double Jump, the publisher of record of this guide, would seem to have distilled the very smell of Kinokuniya Japanese Bookstore, the nice New York City one, not the San Francisco one, down into an essential oil and placed a tiny but potent droplet of it into each of these guides. There's a slightly bitter aftertaste, like a zinfandel.
:lol:

Oh so the problem with the shitty reviews is that teh hardcore gamerz don't get it~!

"The Sixaxis motion control itself feels a lot more organic and free-form than the rigid controls of other flight games and does much better for casual players, as we saw in focus tests. It does seem to alienate some reviewers who are at the top of the hardcore crowd and seem to have a passionate hate for all things motion, be it Wii Sports with sometimes absurdly low scores for what might become the defining game of this generation, or Lair as their newest poster child of evil. It's an unfortunate development that, if the players themselves listen too much to the motion-hatred message, will divide the gaming community. Our potential for growth as an art form for the mainstream is in the easier-to-access control schemes that might be less precise but a lot of fun."

What the fuck! Rented it for my friend's PS3 and "casual gamers" would have a heart attack playing this piece of shit. Fucked up unclear objectives and the worst targeting system in the history of video games make this game a shitty experience even if it did have a great control scheme. And I'm sorry, if this game is an example of the amazing graphics you can get on modern consoles then we'd be in trouble. It's got horrible frame rates at times, some embarrassing camera clipping, and pop-in galore. Plus it's got that great BROWN=REALISTIC art style that's going around these days.

And is it just be or did all the reviewers love Wii Sports or at least acknowledge it's funness.

It's really a shame that this junk has gotten SO much more press than Warhawk, which is a ton of fun.

I don't think it's laziness like I've heard mentioned elsewhere, but I think it's more that developers have trouble making games early in a console's life cycle because they don't have much experience with the dev kit. The Xbox 360 had similar problems with crummy graphics in some of their early games. You can also compare the games of any console from it's early to late life and see a rather significant difference in graphical quality, which is also a by-product of having more experience developing for the system.

That can't be true. Their initial price point was TOO low in fact and we should have been appreciative. How can they possibly justify dropping the price?

Word is that by the end of October Sony will release a 40gb model for $399.

With 2 usb ports and no card readers I believe. Not that it's much of an issue since they will have Wi-Fi built in.

I love how all the models are differentiated by the size of their hard disks. As if a 40, 60, and 80 gigabytes would actually make a fucking $100 difference between each one.

Well technically it will be $200 since the 60GB SKU is supposedly going away and leaving you with the $399 40GB SKU and the $599 80GB SKU.

Well technically it will be $200 since the 60GB SKU is supposedly going away and leaving you with the $399 40GB SKU and the $599 80GB SKU.

Yeah, I mean $100 per 20gig with what's on the market right now.

But I just think it's retarded that they'd be marketed as the 40gig PS3 vs the 80gig PS3 (although I know there's other, probably unnoticeable, differences) which infers a $200 difference mainly due to a 40GB increase in HD space when you can buy a freakin 750 gigabyte SATA hard drive for under $200.

So will the PS3 come with a network adapter and/or wi-fi automatically built in, or do you have to purchase something seperate like with the PS2?

So will the PS3 come with a network adapter and/or wi-fi automatically built in, or do you have to purchase something seperate like with the PS2?

All PS3s are equipped with b/g wi-fi compatibility *except* the now-defunct 20GB units.

That can't be true. Their initial price point was TOO low in fact and we should have been appreciative. How can they possibly justify dropping the price?

The cost of producing the PS3s has actually dropped somewhat. The hardware is cheaper to produce, they did away with the EE chip, and the Cell processors and Blu-Ray drives are also cheaper to make too. I guess that's a normal reduction.