TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

I've only got MGS4 and Oblivion at the moment, all other games I have or would prefer on the 360 to play against mates on XBL. Half wondering about Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank.

I have:

Oblivion (Fav)

Madden 08

NCAA FB 08

MLB The Show 08 (uber fav)

Guitar Hero 3

Uncharted

Unreal Tournament 3 (which I can play with Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse)

Warhawk (Awesome)

NBA 2k8

College Hoops 2k8

Plus shitloads of Blu.

Guest Smues
What PS3 game(s) do you own? I highly doubt there are NO games availible for the triple that you would enjoy.

Ninja Gaiden

The Darkness

MLB The Show 08

I played Ninja Gaiden for that close to an hour the system has been used for PS3 games. The Darkness my wife bought thinking I'd like it but I haven't been motivated to play it. MLB The show I intended to play but 2k8 on the 360 rules so screw The Show. One of these days Gamefly will send me resistance and maybe I'll play that.

After being in a Sony Store recently, the PS3 hooked up to a Sony TV looked like shit. The graphics were grainy and choppy and the colours were blurry than giving a sharp contrast. It was sad.

Probably not using component or HDMI...

I have a Sony Bravia and it looks Phenomenal.

Probably, but it's not like a Best Buy or EB Games where its a different set up. It's a Sony Store. I must say that the F1 game on PS3 looks unreal.

Why such large hard drives in the PS3s? Are the games downloaded to that, ala early ps2, and played from there, or are the games still dependent on the disk?

Most PS3 games require a mandatory HD installation the first time you play them, most are about 2GB but some like Devil May Cry 4 require about 6GB of HD space. So if you have a 20GB harddrive, then you'll have to constantly delete data to play new games (or upgrade to a bigger HD, which I've heard is relatively easy).

Ah, okay--so in a way its like pc games? Install and everything, but still run off the disk.

I ask because there's a place to rent ps3 games a block away from me for, I think, $3 or something. If we only need to install to hd...no need to buy the game, just rent it, right?

So I picked up a PS3, and ended up getting All-Pro 2k8 because I'm a huge 2k football fan and it was only 20 bucks. What other good single player games are worth getting, besides the big ones (mgs4, gta4, etc)?

Guest Smues

If this has been posted elsewhere I missed it, but even if it has it bears repeating. From an interview with Kaz Hirai:

Aftonbladet: If you had to choose ONE exclusive Xbox 360 title and launch it for the PS3 instead, which game would it be?

Hirai: I don't think I have to choose any.....

Aftonbladet: You have to pick one.

Hirai: Again, I don't think I have to pick one because we have such a fantastic lineup of games.

Aftonbladet: But if someone is holding a gun to your head and you have to choose one. Which game would it be?

Hirai: Okay.. then they have to shoot me, because I really don't think we need any.

It's not as exciting as RIIIIIIDDDDDDGGGGGGGGEEEEEEERAAACCCCEEERRR but man this guy is a never exhausting gold mine of quotes. All is forgiven for not having a memorable E3.

I wonder how many Microsoft exec's off'd themselves because they're getting a former exclusive, Final Fantasy XIII?

hahaha quality, I wish I had held off a little later on getting my PS3, but oh well, it works well sitting there to watch xvid/divx, dvds and Blu-Ray movies - as well as Oblivion now and again. I'm done with MGS4... for now.

Do we have PSN thread around here where we can post what online games we have, usernames, etc? I see the Wii and 360 one, but nothing for PSN. I'm a new PS3 owner, which is why I'm asking. ;)

Do we have PSN thread around here where we can post what online games we have, usernames, etc? I see the Wii and 360 one, but nothing for PSN. I'm a new PS3 owner, which is why I'm asking. ;)

Yeah...somebody should start one of those. I just assumed no one here played PS3 online much.

Yeah...somebody should start one of those. I just assumed no one here played PS3 online much.

I've played it maybe twice, but that's probably because I only MGS4 and an xbox with xboxlive.

Finished school on Friday, looking for a full time job now. Have a second interview for a job today, so it looks like my PS3 by September - October idea is going according to plan (although my woman wants me to wait until Christmas...but fuck that)

Time to open this old thread again.....

So I've had my PS3 for a few weeks now, and I'm quickly starting to develop a bit of a love/ hate relationship with it. First it stopped randomly giving me video or audio through the HDMI cable. I reset my TV, and then it worked fine.

Yesterday I was playing Motorstorm, and as soon as the race was over I had no sound or picture. Popped out the disc and I had sound and picture again. Popped the disc back in and now it doesn't read the damn disc. I haven't had time to try some other troubleshooting steps, but if my laser is gone already I'm going to have a shit fit. Ironically, I got a PS3 because I didn't want to get a 360 because of the know hardware issues they are having.....hopefully it was something stupid and my PS3 makes a liar out of me.

Speaking of threads that died...where the hell is the Guitar Hero thread? World Tour comes out in a couple of weeks.......I decided to get that instead of rock band 2.

Right now I am mainly playing Madden 09 and Rainbow Six Vegas: 2

Haven't had any problems with my PS3 except one time a few months ago the HDMI video went out and I had to do some trickery to get it to work again, namely, hooking it up via standard cables, switching the setting to HDMI and hooking up HDMI cable, and pulling the standard cables out of the jacks at just the right time(I guess if you have 2 different connections hooked up it auto-defaults to the lesser quality connection)

I was literally one more failed try from trying to cash in on my warranty......

Yeah, I tried everything tonight to get the disc to read, but no luck. I just get the little loading circle in the top right hand corner, but none of the discs ever load. Looks like I'll be calling Sony tomorrow. Speaking of which, anyone know how their customer service is? I know the MIcrosoft's is horrible, so I just pray that they can either fix it over the phone, or not have me waiting too long to get it repaired.

Quick follow up. Called Sony today, and they were pretty easy going. Told the guy the drive stopped working, and that it wont read anything. Made sure I was still under warranty, and then got my shipping info to get the unit replaced or repaired. Entire call was about 5 minutes. He said it can take 2 - 3 days to fix/replace it once they receive it, which isn't too bad. Hopefully the next one wont die on me.

Anyone playing Dead Space? Love it? Hate it? I'm at chapter 9/12 so far and it's pretty damn good. There're are some of the usual cliches and all that but overall the game feels really fresh. I also love the copious amounts of gore. :P

Anyone playing Dead Space? Love it? Hate it? I'm at chapter 9/12 so far and it's pretty damn good. There're are some of the usual cliches and all that but overall the game feels really fresh. I also love the copious amounts of gore. :P

I've been meaning to pick it up, but I have NHL 09, Motorstorm and Resistance to hold me off for the next little while, so I'm in no rush to get it yet.....I will be getting it down the road when there is less on my gaming plate.

I'm close to getting a PS3 but I really don't like that I'm mostly getting one that won't have PS2 BC. It's making me reconsider. And I'm only willing to pay the regular price for it, I'm not interested in paying a lot more for an older model with the BC. I'm torn.

I'm noticing something odd since last night, the first time it's happened to me..

I get these wierd little "flickers" on the PS3 menu, PS3 Store, during any SD DVD or BR DVD. But not once during gameplay.

When I say flicker, I don't mean the entire sceen.. kind of like static but reduced to only a few pixels (maybe like a "row" of 10 pixels) at a time in various spots all over the screen. Like what a loose connection would look like, I guess, but the wires seem to be fine.

Anyone else had this or heard of it? I can't find much about anything that sounds similar on the net anywhere.

I'm on a Samsung LCD, btw, max rez is 1080i.

Bought one today.

Got GTAIV and 6 BD movies.

Haven't fooled with the game yet. Set up an account with my username 'y2hood' (goes back to high school, not a jericho reference i promise you).

Anyway if I get any games allowing me to hook up with people, I'll let you all know.

Bought a PS3 today with Little Big Planet and MGS4. I can't get online though. Anytime I try to set it up, I get a DNS error. I'm so frustrated right now because I wanted to start a game of LBP with some friends and now I can't. ARGHHH. MGS4 is nuts, though.