TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

*** TSM Forum Rules Updated ***

The new rules can be seen at the top left of the forums, or by CLICKING HERE.

If you have comments, suggestions, etc, please post them here.

There's no link in the Webber skin, so I'm just going to pin this thread and C&P the rules:

General TSM Rules & Information

• The Chocolate Socket is our "anything goes" forum. It will remain unmoderated (except in extreme cases), so you can flame and goof around to your heart's content. Because of this, flaming and trolling are FORBIDDEN in any other folder on this board. If you see someone doing so, PM a staff member and appropriate action will be taken.

----- Our Current Events folder contains political discussion, so by its nature things may get pretty heated. Please respect the opinions of other posters and keep any debates civil.

• If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, don't post in it. This includes, but is not limited to, posts such as "this thread sucks", "quit starting these so early", "I'm sick of list threads", "nascar izn't a sport lol" etc. Threads will be closed immediately once it is clear that the original topic has no chance of being brought up again.

• This is a discussion forum, so it is expected that you back up any opinions you hold. For example, do not just go into the WWE folder posting "Cena sux lol" 500 times. No matter how true it may be.

----- It is also expected that you make posts readable. If your posts are full of spelling errors and lack punctuation, few people will actually read them. You don't have to use perfect grammar, but punctuation is your friend.

• Using the TSM Forums to host your files is ok, however any files which are public are subject to any U.S. laws concerning, but not limited to copyrights & illegal content. Any linking of these files on other sites directly to the files will result in actions against your account. Posting links on other sites to a topic or post on TSM is acceptable.

• "Questionable" images (nude pictures, ones people might not like to look at while sitting at work, at the library, or at college) should be link-only, with the acronym "NSFW" in the post and/or topic title (meaning "Not Safe For Work").

• Multiple accounts will NOT be tolerated at all. We are not actively looking for these accounts, but moderators can see topics with IPs for every post made. If a moderator notices this, your account can result in a suspension or a permanent ban. *This does not apply in "The Chocolate Socket" as it is not monitored, however use at your own risk. New accounts that are found to be linked to previous ones will be deleted even before being approved.

• Spammers will be banned on sight.

Bannings, Warnings & Problems

• Post in the “Site Feedback” section with your issues. This is not to be abused however and topics which are pure complaints will be removed or closed. If you have a complaint, be reasonable, when posting it.

• Work with the moderating staff. Problems with posters should be sent by PM to a member of the staff and appropriate action (if any) will be taken. Do not abuse this, as it will end up biting you in the ass in the end.

----- We have an ignore feature on this board. Use it if you can't stand a certain poster. Do not start a crusade demanding that he/she be banned because it will fall on deaf ears.

• Bannings will be done on a case-by-case basis and all staff decisions are FINAL!. If asked (which will probably be every time), we will always provide a valid reason for banning someone. You can disagree with it if you want, but constant whining and complaining won't bring that person back.

And finally...

• Enjoy yourselves. As a wise man once said: "IT'S JUST A FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD!" Keep that in mind, and everything should be just fine.

People want a clear picture of what will and won't fly around here, so there you go.

I don't even remember who first uttered "IT'S JUST A FUCKING MESSAGEBOARD!"

Did what work last time?

The Yearly "Let's clean shit up" thread and movement that lasts about 2 weeks?

Well it will last longer than 2 weeks, that is why I am here.

Did what work last time?

The Yearly "Let's clean shit up" thread and movement that lasts about 2 weeks?

Well it will last longer than 2 weeks, that is why I am here.

What can I say... I have no faith.

One more thing.

Regarding PBP's. If you suspect someone is a PBP, send a PM to a moderator. If we check the IP's, and don't find anything, THAT'S THE END IF IT. Period. You are not to harass that person outside of the Chocolate Socket, and you are not to berate the mods for not banning said person. It's not our fault that we don't have concrete proof of someone using a proxy. When the person ACTUALLY does something wrong, we'll take action.

IP matching is incredibly unreliable though. Especially when it's painfully obvious two posters are the same, I don't see why the IPs matter.

Everyone knows Paul and Hawk are PBPs, so either say all PBPs are not allowed back or everyone is.

Once you get in and are able to check IP's, it's clear to see which matches are reliable and which ones aren't. For instance, AOL addresses usually have about 15-20 people with the same IP.

The main thing I was trying to get across was, unless we have concrete proof that someone is a PBP, then we're not going to ban them if they're not actually doing anything wrong. In most of these cases, people just want them gone because they don't like them.

The main thing I was trying to get across was, unless we have concrete proof that someone is a PBP, then we're not going to ban them if they're not actually doing anything wrong. In most of these cases, people just want them gone because they don't like them.

I understand that, but it's painfully obvious with most PBPs, IP or not. The mods shouldn't say they don't tolerate PBPs if they do- just change the rule.

Guest Princess Leena
Once you get in and are able to check IP's, it's clear to see which matches are reliable and which ones aren't. For instance, AOL addresses usually have about 15-20 people with the same IP.

That's not always the case.

Especially with our most favorite PBP, he scours proxy sites constantly. And there's no way to consistently know he's using one.

I don't really see how (name of PBP I'm not allowed to mention) has changed much, if at all, from when he was (the original name of the poster I'm not allowed to mention).

I understand that, but it's painfully obvious with most PBPs, IP or not. The mods shouldn't say they don't tolerate PBPs if they do- just change the rule.

I believe you are talking about Choken, but I actually don't see the similarities. Besides, if there isn't ANY PROOF, we can't just ban them.

Yeah, lots of people post every minute on the minute, harass anyone that ever thinks differently, likes to watch cars speed around an oval, and cheers for (a certain football team that I shouldnt say because I'm giving it away).

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Considering one of the pbp's here is extremely open about who he is, this is a bit silly.

Another point I should make is that it was decided to let the two of them stay before I was brought onto the staff, so I wouldn't think of overturning their decisions. InuYasha was a different story, as there was much talk between the mods about him being Crono at the time.

I don't think anyone is denying that it's Choken One. But he's really not doing anything wrong, like I've mentioned, the people who keep harping on it are the ones who just don't like him.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

You guys should just suspend people for 6 months or whatever and if they come back changed then let them post, but if they stay the same they should get the boot permanently. It would end the confusion about who is and isn't allowed to come back.