TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Any news anywhere on a TNA game?

I realise they might not have the money or the recognition to make it viable, but damn, it'd be cool if they did. Although I might have to fight my girlfriend to get her to stop playing with Alex Shelly.

Guest stringerbell

IGN Sports: Do you see the videogame as one of the most important ways for the TNA brand to hit new consumers?

Samoa Joe: I think it's absolutely vital. The videogame industry rivals the motion picture industry. Everyone plays videogames. It's a medium where we can reach out and get new fans, and that's why TNA's first videogame excursion needs to be absolutely awesome. We really want to produce something with really great gameplay while introducing some wrestling mechanics that have never been seen in games before. I think we're going to have a pretty awesome crowd mechanic that nobody has ever thought of or has ever really seen used in a wrestling game that is really going to be wild. People are going to be wowed by the variety of locales we're going to have, the arenas, the different types of crowds that will accompany each of those arenas. The TNA style incorporates some of the most innovative, high-flying, and crazy offense that you'll see anywhere in the world, and we're going to incorporate all that into the game. People are going to be absolutely surprised with how good the wrestlers look in the game. Some of the mockups that I've seen of some of the guys are amazingly detailed, they look amazing, and I think the final product is definitely going to be eye-opening.

IGN Sports: Midway better come through, especially since you live near the studio.

Samoa Joe: Yeah, and whenever I have the time, I like to stop by and check in, shoot ideas back and forth with the boys at Midway and they've been very receptive toward all of our ideas.

There hasn't been a lot of news, just tidbits here and there. We have no pictures, we really have no idea whose in it, and we have no honest to God date. If you look around in the video games folder, there's some TNA info down there.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Release date is Spring 2007. Probably March. It'll be released for all PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii consoles.