TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card - September 27 2006

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SWF
LOCKDOWN

Live, Wednesday, September 27th, from underneath the Peace Arch in Blaine, Washington!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)

Blaine-Peace-Arch.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Michael Stephens ©©© vs. “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins
-> One week after headlining one of the biggest shows in SWF history... one week after winning one of the biggest matches of his career... You would think Michael Stephens would be a pretty happy guy. Then again, you probably wouldn't be very happy if your victory speech involved you getting beaten and bloodied by the man first in line for a shot at his Cruiserweight Championship, Spike Jenkins! There's plenty of history between these two, and you can rest assured this match will be for a good deal more than the gold!
Rules: Standard, with Cruiser addenda.
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: chirs3

SWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - HOUSE RULES

Jimmy the Doom vs. Landon Maddix
-> I imagine Landon's gotten used to the hardcore scene recently, what with Gabriel Drake beating him up down and sideways, but let's give The Cockroach some credit - he did come out on top at Genesis, besting The Beast in a cage match. He's earned our respect, and a shot at the Hardcore Championship!

And what better place to defend this Championship then at the Peace Arch Park!
Rules: HARDCORE, and the match will begin (and take place in) The Peace Arch Park's Ninth Annual Sculpture Exhibition!
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Longdogger_Pete

Johnny Dangerous vs. “The Divine Wind” Akira Kaibatsu
-> Considering Bruce's comments on AftershoxxxXXxXX, I think the odds of he and Johnny throwing down sometime in the near future are pretty good. Not tonight, though - Bruce is taking the show off to recover from being, you know, MURDERED by Jacob Helmsley. So tonight, Johnny tunes up against a man whose had his fair share of Close Encounters of the Blank Kind - perhaps Akira would like to share strategies and tips with Johnny D... or maybe he'd like to take down the Secret Agent for a huge boost in the rankings!
Rules: Standard singles match.
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: Evolution

Jacob Helmsley vs. “The Beast” Gabriel Drake
-> Ok... so, uh... wow. Jacob Helmsley's back for one show, and he absolutely dismantles our International Champion in a Hardcore Bout! P'raps Bruce's fixation on the International Championship has softened him a bit, but we can cover that later. What's important here is that Jacob Helmsley made his return count, in a way few people have. His actions did remind me of someone else's recent actions, though... Helmsley's attack bore a decent resemblence to that of Gabriel Drake's beatdown of Landon Maddix. These two definitely deserve each other.
Rules: HARDCORE~!
Send to: Ace309

Scion of Light vs. Alan Clark
-> What's the only thing better than debuting at Genesis?

WINNING AT GENESIS!

The Scion of Light came out on top in an impressive showing at G7 - this girl could be going places.

To get to those places, though, she'll first have to play welcoming committee to a man that really doesn't need one - Disney Sponsored Alan Clark has returned to the SWF!
Send to: Longdogger_Pete

Scotty “The Crush” Raina vs. Mike Van Siclen
-> Two men who suffered defeat at Genesis get their first chance to turn it around! Will Van Siclen school the rookie, or will Raina "Crush" MVS? Haha! See what I did there? That was a joke.

Nemesis vs. Matt "Cosplay Master" Myers
-> I guess we're all pretty used to Nemesis acting a little strange. So when I say Nemesis has been acting REALLY STRANGE, that should mean something. Perhaps an exhibition against the SWF's resident punching bag can shed some light on just what's happening in the madman's head...

Notes: As usual, if you're unbooked and you want a match, arrange away. :) Edited by chirs3

Apologies for the uber-lateness. Training at Der PostOffis is now running to midnight, and will likely continue to run til midnight for the next week or two. Once it's over, I should be switching to a slightly more SWF-friendly schedule.

Thanks for catching that, Spike. :)

And Jake - CC has stubbornly refused to organize another tour (and by that I mean we're too lazy to come up with one), so while we figure out where we're going next, we're pretty much staying on the American/Canadian border. That's why we hit Niagara Falls, and now the Peace Arch.

Hopefully we'll have a game plan for the next show. :P

Edited by chirs3

Another open-air show? Oh Raynor, shame on you.

Yeah, and Jake needs to get an International Title shot. Come on, he just killed the champion!

One more thing - has anyone been a Triple Champion before, or can I have Mak applaud Toxx for that in commentary?

Triple Crown Landon.

I technically was under that banner too...for like 8 days... and Bruce could call himself "Quintet Crown Bruce" or something, since he technically has the Intercontinental, the TV, the US, the SJL World, and SJL Euro titles around his waist...unless of course the ICTV title has always been one belt and not the two seperate ones.

Yeah, but Bruce is gay. So we don't care about him.

Just kidding, faggy.

You mean "Flaming gay" come on now your insults are slipping these days, do you not have ANY pride in your work? *tisk*tisk* it's sad to see.

There is a very delicate process we follow for assigning markers, involving pieces of paper and a hat. Right now, I have no paper.

They shall be up soon.

If necessary everyone, do what I do. Send your match to Raynor and tell him to send it to the right person when he gets around to it. Oddly enough, every show after I do that markers tend to be up much quicker :P

You know you love me, Chris. Just a shame timezones prevent me from ever experiencing the same difficulties you have, otherwise I'd love to help out someday, honest... :D

What, no markers? I guess since Janus isn't active we don't have to worry about people being done early?

Now I'm just an emergency marker who goes to the future when the matches are already marked and comes back with the result.

Or something.

From New York to Washington. That makes sense.

I was searching for notable locations on the Canadian/American border, and the only two that came up were Niagara and the Peace Arch.

Plus, come on. It's the Peace Arch. How could we not do a show there? :P

Edited by chirs3

*checks for markers*

*sees none*

*sends match to Raynor*

:P

Sorry, but my internet connection's being annoying and I don't want to be trapped offline on Wednesday evening!

Raynor should put the markers in invisible text one day, so like, Janus or something gets Toxx's opponent's match, but not Toxx's, and oh noes Toxx, a loser is you!

lolz.

i don't makeing of many sensed.

YAY!

Sorry, but my internet connection's being annoying and I don't want to be trapped offline on Wednesday evening!
Yeah you'll end up totally destroyed in a Hardcore match :(

Yeah you'll end up totally destroyed in a Hardcore match :(

I don't just learn from my mistakes... I learn from yours as well.

And what better place to defend this Championship then at the Peace Arch Park!

How about, anywhere?

Off the top of my head - how about the Hockeytown Cafe? ;)

Ah, but that was before I had the feedback to tell me I needed to be more...well, for the want of a better word, 'imaginative', in those sort of matches.

This has to be the most boring setting for anything, ever on the face of the earth.

(Except maybe the Big Brother House.)