TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

PROMO: "Scarlet"

PROMO: “Scarlet”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:07 AM

The neon green flashes on the alarm clock, placed on top of the nightstand next to the bed. The scene opens up inside of a hotel room in southern Canada. Sitting on the bed is the Number One Contender to the SWF Cruiserweight title, “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins. A pen and a yellow notepad in his hands, his eyes are glued to the TV screen…which is showing Michael “Toxxic” Stephens, taking on “The Superior One” Tom Flesher last week at Genesis.

“Make…a…mistake,” the straight-edger mumbles. Tapping the end of the pen on the pad, Jenkins doesn’t take his eyes off of the television screen. “Make…a…mistake,” he mumbles again. Another notepad lies next to him on the bed, this one with writing scribbled from top to bottom, the header reading “Spike vs. Akira.” In his hand, not even half of the page is filled with words, with the header reading “Toxxic vs. Flesher.”

“Make…a…MISTAKE!” he finally snaps, standing up off the bed and tossing the pad at the television screen. Wincing in pain, he grabs at his side. “GOD DAMN IT!” he shouts. Lifting the t-shirt that he is wearing up a bit, a very noticeable bruise is placed right on his hip, obviously from his Genesis match with Akira Kaibatsu. Letting the t-shirt drop, he shakes his head in annoyance and stomps away from the television area over to the window. Opening the blinds just enough to fit his body up against the window, he leans his head over onto the coldness of the glass, looking out over the Niagara River.

“This is going to be harder than I thought,” Jenkins thinks to himself, “He has improved so much since last year.” Flashes of his training sessions with Toxxic from almost two years ago with Revolution Zero go through Spike’s head. “One thing that he taught me was to never underestimate your opponents. And one thing I know for sure is that you cannot, in anyway, underestimate Toxxic. But I do think it is slightly humorous that he can’t follow his own critique. He always underestimated me. Always.”

Jenkins casually fades into his own thoughts, his light-blue eyes seemingly heedless of the countless millions of gallons of water relentlessly thundering over the falls.

“This is the first time I’m going to be in the same ring with him since his return…since he came back and immediately was given a World title shot. Something I deserved. He’s a different man now. He isn’t Toxxic anymore…he’s Michael Stephens. But that doesn’t matter. He’s still Toxxic. He is still the same man. And me? I’m one of the only people who were able to defeat him. Not only for a three count, but for a ten count. He wasn’t able to stand. I beat him in that Last Man Standing match over a year ago…it has to mean something.”

Still caught in his thought, The New Straight Edge Sensation’s eyes focus on the mist rising above the river.

“It does mean something. Physically? No, our injuries from the match have healed up and new ones have taken their place. But mentally and emotionally, it has to. Sure, Toxxic beat Tom Flesher at Genesis. But so did I. Everyone Toxxic beat, I’ve beaten as well. He knows that. But he hasn’t beaten me. Not after what happened in Revolution Zero. He’s nervous going into this match because he knows while he has gotten better as well, so have I. I’m at the top of my game right now. It’s only a matter of time before I shoot up the rankings again and get another World Title shot. Not all of us can be like Michael Stephens. We can’t leave for a couple of months and come back and automatically be put in the main event. Some of us have to earn it. Why does he deserve to come back and get the World title? Because Landon Maddix called him out? Does anyone else realize that they are World Tag Team Champions and literally best friends right now? It was a set-up! Not only that, but how many times have I defeated Landon Maddix? Did I ever get a World title shot? No. I’ve been passed up on too many opportunities. It’s time for me to change how things work around here.”

Spike shakes his head, snapping out of his train of thought. Turning away from the window, he looks back over at the television, which continues to show Michael Stephens against Tom Flesher.

“If I want things to change, I need to start on Lockdown. I need to beat Toxxic. I need to regain the Cruiserweight title and become the first-ever three-time Cruiserweight champion. But how am I going to do that…again? At 13th Hour, that win was based purely off of emotion. His mind wasn’t on the match. It was on trying to break me. My mind was in the same place. So why did I win? Maybe because I’m more dangerous than Toxxic…and if I’m more dangerous than Toxxic…I am, without a doubt, more dangerous than Michael Stephens. That’s how I will beat him. I’ll get his mind off of the match, make him remember all the hatred Toxxic had for me, and make him mess up. But if I do that…I also need to be feeling that rage. That is the only reason why I beat him last time. But how?”

Spike walks over to the small desk that every hotel room supplies. He picks the remote control up and with a click of the button, turns the television off. Tossing the remote back onto the table, Spike looks at himself in the mirror. It was only a couple of hours ago that Spike bloodied Stephens during his celebration speech at Aftershoxx. Without even realizing it, Spike already got the wheels in motion for his plan. Michael Stephens made sure to let Spike know that he could either walk into this match as a competitor or an enemy…and Spike chose to be an enemy. Already, Michael Stephens mind wasn’t on beating The Hollywood Superstar.

“But what can I do to get into that zone again? It needs to be something big…something that will change this company. Something that will turn it around so people will forget about Toxxic and remember Spike Jenkins. Something that will make me the number one person in this organization…and I think I know exactly what I have to do.”

Spike stares into the mirror, picturing not only the SWF Cruiserweight Title over his shoulder, but also the SWF World Heavyweight Title around his waist.

“I’m going to break Toxxic’s neck…”

The half-grin that signified Toxxic is a malignant and near-fatal mannerism. It signified the end of careers. It was as threatening as Toxxic was himself.

That same half-grin appears over the face of the New Straight Edge Sensation, “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins.

“Prepare to be proved wrong, Michael Stephens.”

Pfah. You're predictable, Spike. If you'd said you were going to tickle him until he submitted I'd have been scared.

To be honest Spike, it's a very good promo. Outlines our history and Spike's worry about Toxxic's improvement, but also clearly shows his own determination. The trouble is that breaking necks is virtually passe these days, as I did it a couple of times and have only recently dodged Landon trying to do the same thing to me.

Spike's straight-edge and is, therefore, better than you or Landon. However, he's not betta than Kanyon.

Dunno about that, but it might be a sign of the impending apocalypse.

Sign in to follow this