TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Mondays NBC at 9:00

This drama created by Tim Kring (“Crossing Jordan”) delves into the lives of ordinary people who gain “special” abilities. In the opener, a male nurse (Milo Ventimiglia) believes he can fly, but his brother, an aspiring politician, is skeptical; and a high-school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) discovers that she's physically indestructible. Also, a geneticist from India arrives in New York to continue his dead father's research involving people with superpowers. Sendhil Ramamurthy.

I just downloaded and watched the Pilot and this is a good show. They set up the series perfectly and even throw a few things that you don't see coming. I can see this being my new favorite show.

Guest Smues

I'm not really interested in the show, but I'll admit that I laugh everytime I see the ad with the asian dude yelling YATTA!!!

That was a cool ending

Hiro's the most likeable character on the show.

The ending was nice. I really didn't see it coming.

I can't wait until they get to the villian. It looks like his power is a shape shifter.

I wonder how the explosion in New York City will happen.

Fun pilot, this show definetly has potential but it also could collapse under the weight of what appears to be a seriously complicated plot.

The Good

- Hiro is the man. Instead of questioning things like others do he embraces his gifts and realizes he's been chosen. I can see him being the truest hero of them all due to his powers.

- Pete's storyline was done well enough and he plays his character with an odd charm. The brother saving him was an "Oh shit!" moment.

- Cheerleader. Mmmmmmm. Mangled hand. Eugh. Evil dad? Oh my.

The Bad

- Ali Larter sucks the.......well.......everything out of this show. Which blows because I get the feeling that her and Hiro are going to be the most important characters on the show. I can see her powers being a Dark Pheonix/Jekyll and Hyde type of thing.

- The "loser best friend" thingy with the cheerleader has to go.

- I hope that this show actually introduces people who chose to use their powers for evil rather then then typical "Evil Corporation/Government" storyline they appear to be going for.

Yes.

And I just read an interview with the creator. He saids that in the next episode we'll be introduced to 2 new characters: a cop who can read minds, and a serial killer who also has powers. He's gonna be the main villian for this season.

- Ali Larter sucks the.......well.......everything out of this show. Which blows because I get the feeling that her and Hiro are going to be the most important characters on the show. I can see her powers being a Dark Pheonix/Jekyll and Hyde type of thing.

- I hope that this show actually introduces people who chose to use their powers for evil rather then then typical "Evil Corporation/Government" storyline they appear to be going for.

I can see Ali Larter being a villain down the road. So far she's used her powers, whatever they are, to kill two people. Bad guys, but she still killed someone.

Hiro is indeed the man.

I liked it, though I agree that Ali Larter's character better go seriously evil to make her interesting (protecting her child by doing anything possible).

It's okay. Suffers a bit from the same "hmm, everyone likes serial dramas with weird sci-fi stuff" that tanked tons of shows last year in the wake of Lost. I think it could be interesting but I have a feeling I've seen most of this stuff done before and better in X-Men. Though the creators obviously aren't hiding the connection, either.

I liked this so far more then I expected considering I'm not a fan of these types of stories. Hiro and Peter are very likable and I think the cheerleader character will get there as well.

I agree that Ali Larter will have to "turn" evil.

The ending with the brother wasn't expected and I like how that progression could go.

The show has great potential but as LOTC pointed out, it stands to fall apart.

Good show from what I saw tonight. I notion the main villain for the show be Deathmonger, he could be similar to Apocalypse.

I enjoyed the pilot, but I was busy so I want to watch the Encore again, just to make sure I caught everything. It's going to be interesting to see how it builds and where and how many villains show.

One surprise moment, was in the Hiro scene, they had the two Asian guys in basketball jerseys lip-synching to Backstreet Boys. Were those the real guys from the online videos, or just a tiny pop-culture nod?

Guest netslob

thank god there's an encore, i was pissed when i forgot it was on and missed the first half.

i DVRed it but ended up watching more of this than I did Raw or MNF...this show is great so far, I can't wait for more episodes. I'm a sucker for "real life hero" stories....Unbreakable was a movie that got crapped on, but I loved it.

Nathan's flying abilities didn't really surprise me, I read about it on Wikipedia prior to watching the show, but it was still a cool ass moment. I was waiting for it to happen the entire episode.

I'm with everyone else about Hiro...what a nifty power to have and he just loves it.

Cheerleader girl's fingers...yeah sick.

I'm not really digging Ali Larter...not so much because of her or her character, but because she seems like she's going to be a focal point of the series and I just don't find her interesting enough.

Overall, I dug the show, thumbs up from me.

I guess I didn't see what the bad part of Ali Larters character was. The people I watched it with were as in to her stuff as much as the rest. She seemed very gaurded but that's probably what they want in her character. I liked the show though..made a point to watch it and I loved the Days of Future Past reference by Hiro...very cool new show and about time a network took a chance on something like this.

Any word on ratings yet?

I gotta know the ratings for this one, as it's probably now the new best show of the season (Justice at #2).

Good to see Franklyn from Scrubs ruling it as Hiro.

Will Sendhil Ramamurthy have any powers, or is he just going to be reasearching this, and helping the others understand their powers better.

CBS took the lead among households at 9 p.m. with "Two and a Half Men," 10.1/15, and "Old Christine," 8.5/13. The premiere of "Heroes" (8.8/13), however, led among total viewers and was the night's top show among adults 18-49. A second "Wife Swap" posted a 5.3/8, moving ABC ahead of FOX and "Vanished." The premiere of "Runaway" on The CW struggled, managing only a 1.5/2.

*jumps on the Hiro bandwagon* I just love the way he reacts to it. Everyone else is either like "Don't you get it? This is special! I'm special! Special special special!" or "Oh noes, I'm a freak!" but Hiro's just like "I can freeze time and teleport? COOL!"