TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I'm watching through the series again on BBC2 (i'd already watched it on Sci-Fi) and it really, genuinly is the best show to come out of the states since the first series of 24.

Saying that, I'm enjoying Studio 60 too at the moment.

I can't believe people find her that hot. She reminds me of the little sister from Phil of the Future, who is a beast.

Yeah...if you think 24 is the best US show (though I'm assuming you mean dramas)...wow...ever seen Oz?

I can't believe people find her that hot. She reminds me of the little sister from Phil of the Future, who is a beast.

Yeah...if you think 24 is the best US show (though I'm assuming you mean dramas)...wow...ever seen Oz?

The last season of 24 (not sure if you personally have seen it) totally knocked it out of competition for best American TV shows. I'd say The Wire, Deadwood, Sopranos and Oz are legit contenders at this point.

I too was a huge fan of 24, from series 1-4, series 5 was a bit dire and series 6 was dreadful. I dont usually give up on shows half way through, but I did with season 6 of 24.

As for the other American shows, I don't know if it's because I don't have SKY (which gets all of the US shows) but I never see/hear about any of them

i.e:

The Wire - Never heard of it.

Deadwood - Thats the cowboy one isn't it?

Oz - again, nope.

Sopranos - I never got into from the start and (for those of you who remember this) I bought the first season of it to watch with my then fiance (fioncee) but we never got round to it and then she went mental. And I want to watch it from the start.

Before anyone suggests downloading these shows, I'm not on my home computer a lot, and I actually hate watching things on my PC. I much prefer to sit in my arm chair and watch things on TV.

I couldn't even get 3 full hours into Season 3 of "24," much less the seasons following. Something about a huge nuclear explosion in the deserts of California makes everything else seem...petty.

Though it may not be #1 pick, I would certainly not object to anyone calling The Wire the best show on television. It's certainly up there, fantastic.

Back on topic - Heroes is great though, but it remains to be seen if it can keep the level of quality going.

Claude's not really evil though...

Eh, my mistake; I hadn't seen him before I made the post.

Currently on the beginning of Distractions right now. I love him so far and his, uh, training methods. Steal a purse, give it to Peter, and then run off. Classic.

http://www.rlslog.net/heroes-s1-e00-12-dvd-rip-topaz/ - DVD rip of the episodes, 00-12. On a side by side comparison with the other copies, they're not that much different. A bit sharper and less cropped.

Its interesting rewatching the earlier episodes now, knowing the end.

Also, more casting news. Source: tvguide.com

Looks like there's going to be another cheerleader named May, played by Janel Parrish. Janel was last seen in Bratz: The Movie. How many more people can they cast on this show?

Tim Kring's hailing frequency remains open to Star Trek crossovers. Having recruited George "Sulu" Takei to portray Hiro's father during Season 1, the Heroes creator has called upon Nichelle Nichols, aka USS Enterprise communications officer Lt. Uhura, to fill a short-term role.

Nichols, an NBC rep tells TVGuide.com, will be playing Nana, the New Orleans-based grandmother of Monica (the new hero being played by The Nine's Dana Davis).

Majel Barrett, you are now on deck.

Though it may not be #1 pick, I would certainly not object to anyone calling The Wire the best show on television. It's certainly up there, fantastic.

Back on topic - Heroes is great though, but it remains to be seen if it can keep the level of quality going.

It would ALMOST seem like there's nowhere to go but down...let's hope not.

The Wire: I had never watched it until they showed all of the seasons on OnDemand, 1 thru 3. It took me maybe a day and a half to watch each season, that's how good it is. I couldn't stop watching. Best cop show ever, for sure. Even the second season was great.

NBC.com officially sucks. They only have a scant few episodes up that have commentary, and of the few available - from .07% to '...Exploding Man' - only .07% and 'String Theory' work. The others are unavailable.

Any word on if those commentaries are appearing on the dvd, or if its new ones? I hope for the former. Because the entire cast all at once, ala Arrested Development, would be a clusterfuck.

If I were to guess, it's probably the online commentaries. That's not a bad thing because the I remember the commentary for "Company Man" being pretty great.

Only a week to go! This and The Office the next week will keep me happy for a while.

NBC.com officially sucks. They only have a scant few episodes up that have commentary, and of the few available - from .07% to '...Exploding Man' - only .07% and 'String Theory' work. The others are unavailable.

Any word on if those commentaries are appearing on the dvd, or if its new ones? I hope for the former. Because the entire cast all at once, ala Arrested Development, would be a clusterfuck.

I believe they were taken down because of the soon to be released DVD.

"Veronica Mars" Kristen Bell joins the cast for Season 2

NBC is adding former “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell to the cast of “Heroes.”

Peacock has snagged Bell for a key multiepisode arc of its sophomore sensation. Casting is a major coup for NBC since Bell -- who plays the title character in Judd Apatow’s upcoming “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” -- was reportedly being sought for several TV gigs, including a part on ABC’s “Lost.”

Bell will make her first “Heroes” appearance in October. She’ll play Elle, a character described as a sexy, mysterious young lady who has ties to the supposed death of Peter, H.R.G.’s past and the future of Claire. Elle will kick off her arc by committing a serious crime, though it’s unclear whether she’s good or bad.

“This was not easy to pull off,” said “Heroes” creator-exec producer Tim Kring. “But since we’re an ensemble show, with many arcs playing out through the year, we found a way to jump into a small window in (Bell’s) schedule.”

Universal Media Studios prexy Katherine Pope also hinted that landing Bell wasn't easy, noting that "many studios (were) chasing her in both film and TV" and that she was happy that Bell "chose to star in our show."

In addition to her gig in the Apatow pic, Bell co-stars in the Weinstein Co.’s upcoming “Fanboys” and supplies one of the voices in the 2008 animated Fox feature “Sheepish.” She also has another regular role on a network skein, voicing the narrator in CW’s new drama “Gossip Girl.”

Bell’s past credits include a recurring gig on “Deadwood,” Showtime’s 2004 adaptation of “Reefer Madness” and last summer’s “Pulse.”

Source: Variety

If she wasn't going to end up on Lost then Heroes is the next best thing.

Actually, no. It's a better thing. She probably wasn't going to be sexy and mysterious on Lost. Ok, she'd be mysterious.

Man, talk about an ensemble cast...how many people is that that they've added already for the season? And I'm sure there's going to be surprise guests. I think I'm going to be on the show sometime around Week 11. I'm going to have incredibly large hands. That's my superpower...big hands. Not super strength, just really, really big hands.

In the pilot it looked like 3 characters were re-casted and the reason why Dr. Suresh's room was a mess was because the arab terrorists were looking for something.

Don't feel like trolling back through the pages to see if this was mentioned, just watched Godsend and is the symbol on the handle of the Kensei sword the same as the mark that appears on Niki when she turns into Jessica?

Yes it was. That symbol pops up here and there throughout the series. I think on the HD-DVD version there's a feature or game or something that points that out.

RiffTrax is doing the first two episodes. Finally, a RiffTrax for something I actually have the DVD for!