TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Count me in the camp that is disappointed in Nathan losing the hobo beard. Also, Micah's cousin must be the only one who was willing to pay $65 on Wrestlemania 22 only for seeing the Big Show/Kane vs Cartito/Chris Masters match.

Count me in the camp that is disappointed in Nathan losing the hobo beard. Also, Micah's cousin must be the only one who was willing to pay $65 on Wrestlemania 22 only for seeing the Big Show/Kane vs Cartito/Chris Masters match.

HE MISSED IT TOO! Micah was about 2 and 1/2 hours late on stealing it.

Yeah, Heroes is big on the cheesy. The Claire stuff with what's his face. Also annoyed me last year when Bennett was trying to stop Parkman from going after Sylar, something to the extent of "He's a bad guy...and I'm a cop."

I was hoping for someone a little more sinister looking to be Molly's boogeyman.

Kristen Bell press conference recap. It is revealed that Volume II will be 11 episodes.

Kristen Bell’s sassy and sardonic turn as teen sleuth Veronica Mars may have earned her the adoration of fanboys and fangirls nationwide, but for Bell, her own fan tendencies belonged to another show.

She was a “Heroes” viewer “from its premiere episode,” explained the actress during today’s “Heroes” press conference in advance of her debut as a series regular on next Monday’s episode. “I joked with the writers that ‘Heroes’ was always the water-cooler conversation at ‘Veronica Mars’ on set, and they had said in many of their writers’ circles, ‘Veronica Mars’ was the water-cooler conversation at ‘Heroes.’

“It was ultimate flattery when they came forward and said, ‘We might have something for you to do.’”

Although now that Bell is joining the “Heroes” cast for a 13-episode stint (with the possibility of more to come), one thing she won’t be doing (at least, on screen) is flattering the show’s heroic characters, as her part as the mysterious Elle has the 27-year-old starlet moving close to the dark side.

“It’s been so much fun,” said Bell of Elle. “I have been crossing my fingers in hopes of getting a job soon where I could play someone who was, as Tim [Kring, series creator] likes to call it, ‘a little off’ or perhaps didn’t have the brightest and shiniest of intentions. I think the depth at which they’ve written Elle…she’s so conflicted and comes across as such a vixen, it’s so much fun to play with.”

And beyond general talk of twisted motives and dangerous methods, Kring himself joined in the discussion to explain to fans how exactly Elle will fit into the larger mythology of “Heroes,” saying, “This character is tied to this Company that we have talked about for the last year of the show, that Claire’s father was involved with. And so one of the ideas was that this character was raised within the Company, and it’s in some ways a cautionary tale of what would happen to any of our characters had they lived with their powers their whole life, the way Elle has.”

As for the origins of the Company companion, Kring explained, “The character was created before we cast Kristen. We had been talking about the character for a while and thinking about the character for a while, but when you do cast an actor, especially [one with as] much personality as Kristen has, you try to tailor the character a little closer to who the actor is. So it’s hard to know when one starts to influence the other, but certainly the character was created and conceived long before we cast Kristen.”

Taking on a long-gestating character like Elle and a highly successful show like “Heroes” is a tall order for any actress, but Bell explained that her roots with the cast and show eased her transition into supervillain. “There was anxiety and nerves certainly, but nothing about it has been hard. They are some of the nicest people I’ve ever worked with, and having had social relationships with a few of them, I’d heard of what a great job it was—not just an excellent show but something really fun to be a part of and an ensemble that really supports each other.”

Of the cast, Bell was quick to point out her long-standing friendships with Hayden Panettiere (“Claire Bennet”) and Zachary Quinto (“Sylar”), whose friendship with Bell stretches back 10 years. “Besides the fact that he’s pretty much the coolest thing because he’s so unpredictable and so downright evil—it’s so hard for me to watch because it’s the polar opposite of Zach’s personality—I would love to see [sylar] and Elle face off one day. I think that would be unbelievable.”

As for whom Elle will definitely share screen time with, viewers who caught Monday’s tease of her first episode know the vixen meets up with Irish-landed amnesiac Peter Petrelli, of whom Bell said, “I have a lot of information about Peter’s past.

“I can’t reveal her secret power, but it’s a very cool power,” Bell added. “She has ties to HRG and to Claire. There’s going to be a very interesting dynamic between her and Claire as far as what is and what is not. There’s going to be a deeper relationship there than people are expecting. They’re going to see some parallels.

“She’s a little messed up in the head, which makes her manipulative and always out to get what she wants. She doesn’t have many boundaries, which I think is a really interesting part of playing this character.”

Kring also commented on the future of “Heroes” this season, noting that in dealing with a large cast, “You have to be able to fold people in and fold people out, so the audience should fully expect to see characters leaving in the near future.

“We are not a show that tries to keep answers away from the audience. Our feeling is that no answer is so precious we can’t tell the audience what it is. That being said, there’s a certain amount of fun with drawing things out enough that it keeps your interest,” he added. “This season we’re going to have multiple volumes. The first one is called ‘Generations,’ and it started with Episode 1 of this season and ends on Episode 11 where every question that is raised will be answered within these 11 episodes. It’s one complete volume that cliffhangs us and takes us into a break and into another volume. If people are feeling the frustration of wanting answers, usually I think people say they want answers but really enjoy following the mystery and watching the twists and turns.”

And for mystery fans still wondering whether they’ll see a return of Bell’s “Veronica Mars” character, be it in comics or film, Bell was straightforward in describing her working relationship with “Mars” creator Rob Thomas.

“If Rob invites me to go mow his lawn, I’ll consider it,” laughed the actress. “I have heard rumors of [the comic]. I certainly hope it comes to fruition. I know Rob is a very busy man, and rightfully so, but I would not be opposed to being involved in that at all.”

I personally will take back all the twin love I have if it turns out she isn't evil.

But right now, I see Sylar killing the brother but acting like someone else did it(possibly Peter?) taking the brothers powers and help teach the girl to use hers whenever she wants to(since she wouldn't be able to affect him then).

Also, there is some important reason for Peter and Nathans father turning his head at that exact moment.

Also, what exactly was Hiros dad and Peters mom's powers? Did I miss a revel of that. And what was Shafts power for that matter. The dream thing?

Doesn't that strike anyone as...well...bullshit. I mean you would think it would have come up eventually. I mean, we know gold dude and lindermans powers, but why would Hiro as his dad what his power is/was, or Peter or Nathan saying, "You know, since you were in the same group as linderman and he has powers, what were yours and dads."

Kinda bullshit.

And are they seriously trying to make Sylar someone to cheer?

I figured everyone was cheering for him. I know I am.

Veronica Mars~!

Rue Saint Laurent~!

Mastermind~!

~~~~~~~~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Episode was dopestar. The stuff with Parkmans dad was fucking awesome. Such a killer jew villain. The stuff with V-Mars was, naturally, great. Gatdamn. The stuff with Hiro and in Nawlins was rather dull, though.

Dominic Keating's getting around, he was in both Heroes and Prison Break tonight, heh

Entirely to much NO stuff tonight, seemed like everytime they cut away from another part of the story it went back to it

I thought the show was just moving too fast to keep everything together about what was all going on. But it still was a noteworthy episode. Who is Kristen's Bell's "dad?"

I thought the show was just moving too fast to keep everything together about what was all going on. But it still was a noteworthy episode. Who is Kristen's Bell's "dad?"

Probably Bob.

Matt projected his thoughts into Nathan's mind!

Sylar: When I get my power back, I'm going to kill you.

Alejandro: ?Que?

Sylar (louder and spacing the words out): When I ....GET... MY POWER... BACK...I'm going.... to KILL ...YOU!

Alejandro: Lo siento. No English. ?Que?

Sylar (shouting and resorting to crude hand gestures: WHEN ME STRONG, YOU DEAD! God, what is wrong with you people?

I know Heroes is a slow burn, but there is too much this year I'm not caring for yet.

Don't like Peter's storyline. Never liked Jessica/Nikki. Don't care for the people Micha's stuck with. Bored with Hiro dicking around in Japan. Claire, meh. And my Wonder Twin hate is strong.

Now I love the show...but not loving the season yet

That preview of Sylar telling him that knowing that he couldn't understand him was all types of awesome.

I remain in the perfectly content department now. The Hiro thing is kinda boring me, but everything else, I am fine with. It took Micahs cousin too long to figure out the whole power thing. Two eps is way too long. I randomly make tomato roses and 619 someone, I think I might mention it.

Plus...they just used CGI double dutch....

Besides that, i am fine. I like Jekki kicking peoples asses. The Peter thing is dragging for me, but it picked up last night. I thought Bells acting was "eh" up until the phone call at the end. Flying boy annoys me in claires story line, but I can deal with it.

I actually like the twins(as I have repeated like 50 times now).

So I am fine with this year.

Parkman's father added enough that I am now back to really enjoying the show and getting excited to see where it's going.

Right now I like Peter's story, the whole Nathan/Parkman/Molly/Bob/Mohinder thing, the twins with Sylar and even Micah's cousin now that they have moved that along.

Not digging Hiro in the past.

HRG and the Haitian could have some potential. I'm wondering if they are truely on their own, or working for someone else. Also, I wonder where HRG got the funds to pack up the family and hit the road. Insurance from their house blowing up??

I'm sure we will find that backstory out eventually. I assume he lost his seat when he fell into Rampant Alcoholism, which also caused him to lose his Family. He thinks Peter is dead and he blames himself for not being able to save him.

I think the make or break episode for this season is going to be "Four Months Ago" that airs on 11/12 (third ep from now). It is supposed to show what happened from the time of last season's finale to the time of this season's premiere. That episode should tie up some loose ends and explain a lot of back-story, probably kick starting a swift sweep to the end of the current "volume". If anything, Heroes last year kicked everything up a notch, and really had its best episodes during the sweeps period, so November should be a great month for the show.