TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

What purpose has Micah's cousing brought? And she's had one of the cooler abilities.

To this point, probably throwing us a bone by showing clips of Smackdown and Bruce Lee. But if - as many of us seem to figure - Nikki buys it, there's probably some power/responsibility drama that she's gonna go through. That or she gets targeted by Sylar.

And yeah, photographic reflexes probably one of the coolest abilities to have. Just curious though - does anyone in comics have this ability besides Taskmaster?

I'm guessing he doesn't agree with your last statement, which I also don't agree with. Do you not find it at all possible that there will be certain people with the same ability?

Ah, okay. Hmm. I find it possible, yes. In fact, it would be rather lame/impossible/unrealistic that only *one* person, in the entire world, would have one specific ability.

I'm not opposed to duplication. I am, however, questioning the directors/producers decision to do them so soon. For instance: Claire's father and boyfriend being able to fly? Seems rather strange.

Great Episode. All I have to say is if Claire or Peter don't kill Mama Patrelli by the end of the series I'll be pissed.

Here is Tim Kring on the finale and Volume 3

From TV Guide.com

Exclusive: Tim Kring Explains Heroes' "Generations" Finale

by Michael Logan

Will Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) die by an assassin's bullet? Was Niki (Ali Larter) truly blown to hot, blonde, gorgeous bits? Will Adam (David Anders) spend eternity six feet under? And — say it ain't so! — does badass Elle (Kristen Bell) really have an inner Girl Scout? The Dec. 3 episode of Heroes, the conclusion of the show's second volume "Generations," left us with lots of big questions. Creator and executive producer Tim Kring has the answers. And, whaddya know, he's even sharing some of them!

The fate of Nathan, who was shot during a TV press conference, and of Niki, who may have died in an abandoned building explosion, are "up in the air and will be determined when we come back after the strike," Kring says. "Things are fairly dire for them both." Immortal Adam was teleported by Hiro (Masi Oka) into a coffin buried in the same Japanese cemetery where his father Kaito (George Takei), who was slain by Adam, is also buried. "It's poetic justice to have Adam end up in the same graveyard as Kaito," Kring notes. "We've given the audience no reason to believe that Adam can figure a way to get out of there. The fact that he can live forever makes this the most gruesome of internments. If this happened to any of us, at least we'd know we'd soon have the mercy of death. Not here."

Witchy, bitchy Elle, who wound up saving the lives of Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy), Maya (Dania Ramirez) and little Molly (Adair Tishler), clearly sparked when Mohinder called her a hero. "Kristen Bell gave us the perfect reaction in that scene," Kring says. "For a moment there, Elle sees she's been given an opportunity to use her powers in a good way. And she absolutely likes the sound of that word 'hero.'" Not to worry. There are plenty more baddies coming after the writers' strike concludes. In fact, the title of Volume 3 — "Villains" — says it all.

"We've introduced a cadre of them over the course of the show and we're going to see them rise up," Kring says. "Just as the heroes have found each other to save the world, the villains will do the same with the opposite intent." And their numbers may be legion. "The Company has catalogued many of these people over the years. There may be more of them down in that basement than we have alluded to so far."

Will Sylar (Zachary Quinto) be their ringleader? After being electro-zapped by Elle, Mister Eyebrows escaped to a back alley and skeevily injected himself with Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) blood. Then, in a wicked salute to Popeye, he telekinetically grabbed a can of spinach and said, "I'm back!"

"Sylar getting his power back does not bode well for our heroes," says Kring, who admits there is one upside to the writers' strike: Originally, Quinto was not going to be available for much of Volume 3 because of his commitment to the new Star Trek film. Now, with the strike dragging on, he'll likely be done playing young Spock by the time Heroes returns to production.

That was a pretty good fall finale. I really would've liked Elle to stay heel, but it looks like she's making a face turn. =\

Also, how long can Peter's character last on this show? They've pretty much made him invincible with his power of "absorbing abilities just by standing beside you" - I hope they haven't written themselves into a corner with this guy, because he's almost as annoying as Mohinder. The only thing of note that he does is let himself be manipulated and scream his girlfriend's name. :P

Nah, they still have all that build toward an awesome Peter/Sylar confrontation. They kept them apart all season, but both will be at full power next season and a one on one fight with one of them dying should be a climax.

I think they almost painted themselves into a corner anyway because of so many times he just ignores powers he has so that a scene could work. He could read adams mind and know the truth, but nope...didn't do it.

He could fly but was RUNNING when trying to escape the companies cells. He can be invisible and make others invisible and walk through walls, but he decided to walk in full view through Primatech so that Hiro could see them, and had to rip the huge metal door off instead of just walking through it.

But hey. Just sit back and enjoy.

I do wonder if that symbol appearing in the virus dust in Peters hand will be important later. Like...did he actually release the virus?

I was under the impression it meant Peter's time was running up and that he'd die soon. It would fit Angela telling Nathan's killer that he opened the Pandora's Box.

I think she meant by pissing off Peter, who is VERY dangerous and VERY irrational.

A friend of mine lent me Season 1 on dvd. I've been watching it all day and I'm on the 3rd disc. Before I got the dvd set the only thing I've seen of the show is barely the premiere. The show has been alright so far, it seems to be getting better with drawing me in to wanting to know what's going to happen to who next. The only chartchers I really like are, Hiro and his buddy (I'm still learning all the names.).

But to be honest, and I'm not stiring a pot or anything but if I had to choose betwen this and Lost for storytelling, I'd have to choose Lost.

Edit: So I'm on disc 5 now, and the story had gotten a lot better...and a I just saw a random Stan Lee apperance. I've started to really get into the story now that it doesn't seem to be all over the place. The show has really picked itself up. I'll most likely finish the rest of the season by Friday morning.

anyone else notice in the vault on the shelf besides the brain were three playing cards, did the company capture Gambit? heh

It would explain why he wasn't in X3 :P

Good season finale, but as I said, everything about Volume 2 has seemed rushed. It may just be because the first volume dragged just a little bit and I was used to that.

And I admit, I screamed in anger when Maya died, the thought of putting up with her bullshit for 11 episodes only to have her killed and not serve a purpose annoyed the hell out of me. Thank God she still might be of some use.

I really, really like the idea of a group of evil villians. That has me psyched for Volume 3 already.

I don't even mind that they Maya didn't die. I'm tired of the repeated killing of characters only to bring them right back.

And yeah, I can't wait to see what they have in store for Chapter III. Sylar and a group of super evils would be great

I don't even mind that they Maya didn't die. I'm tired of the repeated killing of characters only to bring them right back.

And yeah, I can't wait to see what they have in store for Chapter III. Sylar and a group of super evils would be great

But why would Sylar work with anyone? His whole M.O. is finding people and taking their powers.

A friend of mine lent me Season 1 on dvd. I've been watching it all day and I'm on the 3rd disc. Before I got the dvd set the only thing I've seen of the show is barely the premiere. The show has been alright so far, it seems to be getting better with drawing me in to wanting to know what's going to happen to who next. The only chartchers I really like are, Hiro and his buddy (I'm still learning all the names.).

But to be honest, and I'm not stiring a pot or anything but if I had to choose betwen this and Lost for storytelling, I'd have to choose Lost.

Edit: So I'm on disc 5 now, and the story had gotten a lot better...and a I just saw a random Stan Lee apperance. I've started to really get into the story now that it doesn't seem to be all over the place. The show has really picked itself up. I'll most likely finish the rest of the season by Friday morning.

He was the bus driver or something, right? haha

Yeah Season 1 starts off really slowly, but it really kicks into gear the 2nd half of the show - the more Sylar the better really.

But why would Sylar work with anyone? His whole M.O. is finding people and taking their powers.

So? The Heroes writers aren't exactly known for nuance here. They throw out superhero cliches at a rapid pace, complete with somewhat contrived motivations and comic-esque plot twists - get by mainly because of the 'fun' factor of it all and the actors and the ooh cool use of powers. All it takes is one cheesy line about him using the other evils to help him track and down kill "good guy" Heroes and steal their powers, and he has comic-book motivation.

Anyone who doesn't have the Season 1 DVD set (like me) take note- From 7 AM Wednesdaythrough the end of Saturday, Target is selling it for $19. Awesome.

Sweet, thanks for the news. Definitely will be going out to get it tomorrow then.

I picked the set up through the Target sale, and finally finished watching it last night. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot, but it definitely feels like it's being written by Vince Russo at some points, characters seem to go face and heel arbitrarily seemingly every episode. I also found the story a bit hard to follow at times, since there's just too many things happening at once, and it gets even more confusing when all the different stories interconnect with one another. I shouldn't have to stop and search Wikipedia to be reminded of all the different plot points throughout the story. Overall though, I was impressed, any word on when the second season will come out?

I just watched the first couple episodes, and that Kensei symbol is fucking everywhere. Paintings, books, it's in the encryption code or whatever that Mohinder finds on his dad's compy, even in some pool toys. Have they explained much the significance of it yet or is it like the Lost Numbers?

It's a helix that I believe symbolizes the altered (advanced) DNA of those with powers.

spman, had you never seen the show before? I saw every episode as they aired, but I have only watched the 73 minute unaired version of the pilot since I got the DVD set. Call of Duty 4, which I also picked up during the sale, has sucked up most of my TV time.

Am I the only one who finds it weird a 30 year old is dating a teenager?

Not so much an 18 year old with a 30 year old, more the fact he was there for her 18th birthday on set and probably had his eye on her for a while now. I personally preferred Candice.