TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I'm getting a whole Jeff Goldblum/Fly vibe from Mohinder, this won't end well for him.

I'm getting a whole Jeff Goldblum/Fly vibe from Mohinder, this won't end well for him.

MOHINDER SMASH BAD PLOT IDEAS~!

I don't know if they showed a "Previously On" clip because my DVR recording started at the beginning of the episode, but I forgot a bunch of stuff. Usually after a summer I'll remember it, but it's been much longer than that.

Sylar as a good guy? That won't end well.

-When Ando busted out his red flame my immediate thought was Ryu from Street Fighter II.

- I'll be very, very shocked if Claire isn't the "light" that Hiro's pappy was talking about.

- MARLO~!~!~! Can take your fear and turn it into his strength. Kinda like Bishop but adaptable for humans.

- Maya....DAYUM. Girls got a body on her.

- Peter can bring the dead back to life?

- BUBBLES!~~! (Wire fans only will recognize the name in the credits.)

It was, however pretty weak that they built Sylar up that much and had an electric shock from Elle incapacitate him. Him hunting Claire was kinda corny seeing as how he likely could've busted the chains off the door pretty easily. I did like that they referenced season one with him picking Claire's brain and figuring her out. I also am totally confused as to why he'd break all of the Big Bad's out of level five and then team up with Noah to hunt them down.

I still have to put my head around all that happened, but I'll be damned if that wasn't the most entertaining two hours that this show has done since the beginning of season one. Lots of directions to go this year.

Who was the black guy (with the group of baddies including Nicki, Matt's dad, Sylar, etc)in the dream sequence from Mama Petrelli? The Haitian or Nicki's ex, who I thought got killed far back? Or neither?

I also am totally confused as to why he'd break all of the Big Bad's out of level five and then team up with Noah to hunt them down.

He didn't break them out, Elle's electro pulse fried the grid allowing the escape.

But he went there with the intention of breaking them out.

I think he only wanted to steal their powers, not set them free

What was the point of Meredith showing off her ability to Claire? It's not like she didn't know already. "Look at the flame, Claire. Come closer, so I can burn your face."

Nikki/Jessica/45 other personalities/Tracy: I am completely utterly confused. I loved Nikki, and Im liking Tracy too. But didnt she die? Is she a twin? Where did she get that awesome power? Is she lying? Where did Micah & Monica go?

Can they kill off Maya and Bring back Micah, Monica & Molly they are much more interesting.

And what was up with Peter in that last scene? A woman is getting burned, and he just looks mildly concerned? Either that was some of the worst acting I've seen, or something is seriously wrong with this character.

Another season, another bad performance from Ali Larter...the girl just can not act and she's losing the attractiveness she once had quickly. She should NEVER wear her hair pulled back, ever.

Mohinder turning in to a cockroach? Uhm yeah. When he was hopping and climbing around my first though was Spider-Suresh!

Did Maya suddenly lose her accent? Also, that girl is SMOKIN hot!

Everything going on with Nathan is just too weird...curious to see how this plays out.

Overall, really awesome episodes...should definitely make up for the weakness of season 2.

Good point about Sylar only going there to take their powers. For whatever reason that didn't come to mind. I still won't see what's in it for him by teaming up with Noah, though.

I can't have been the only one who thought of Nicholas Cage in Face/Off when Sylar turned that gun gold, right?

1. Nathan blabbering about god is the worst cheesiest thing of all time.

2. The Sylar/Claire chase was stupid. The guy's telekinetic; it shouldn't have taken him more than 30 seconds to take care of things, not half an hour pacing around outside the Impenetrable Pantry of Solitude.

3. Didn't the writers learn from last year that dropping a character in an unfamiliar land full of exciting ethnic people is a stupid plot device?

4. Somebody on the staff must have watched The Fly last spring and thought "Imagine if we could make The Fly...ON TV!"

5. Is LobbyistNikki's power that she can make what people say into reality? Kind of a Scarlet Witch at the end of House of M thing? Or is just the much more boring scenario where she freezes people?

6. Disappointing to see Bob go. I like having people with largely useless powers around.

7. So, all the bad guys seem to have powers of "Beat People Up." That guy who throws blue fire looks like an utter retard. Glad to see Marlo getting work, though.

8. ChipLinderman!

9. Ventimiglia is really unconvincing when he's, like, scowling or trying to be badass.

I liked it overall. Really stepped it up on the visuals for the premiere, particularly with the the fast-moving chickadee's frozen trails.

Hiro continues to be the most interesting plotline of the show. Interesting to see Ando somehow develops powers, probably gets a dose of the stuff Suresh is working on. I'm curious to see when Hiro begins to develop in to Bad Ass Future Hiro.

3. Didn't the writers learn from last year that dropping a character in an unfamiliar land full of exciting ethnic people is a stupid plot device?

Hey, at least it's Parkman this time, so we know that it will lead to nothing until they need his mind reading as some sort of deus ex.

4. Somebody on the staff must have watched The Fly last spring and thought "Imagine if we could make The Fly...ON TV!"

Don't forget they used the time-honoured comic cliche of "hey, I'll inject myself with this untested stuff. What's the worst that could happen?"

I'm thinking this "Formula" that Hiro has to protect has something to do with giving powers to people like Maya's blood to Suresh, but more stable? I also think this Formula came from Adam's blood in the first place. As if maybe he was the first of the "special" people and others used him for developing some kind of serum or whatever that gives people these powers. It's obviously hereditary but we don;t know where it actually starts in the families yet.

if the host to PresentPeter's consciousness has been locked up since "before claire was born," as per HRG, then he would have no idea who Peter Petrelli was, right? So why does no one think it unusual when he starts screaming "I'm Peter Petrelli!" over and over again out of *nowhere*?

In Five Years Gone, Future Peter had a scar (presumably) from exploding and killing half of New York. Which now has never happened. So why does this version of Future Peter have a scar?

2. The Sylar/Claire chase was stupid. The guy's telekinetic; it shouldn't have taken him more than 30 seconds to take care of things, not half an hour pacing around outside the Impenetrable Pantry of Solitude.

He didn't because he didn't care. No hurry. He knew he was getting her and he has shown a like for theatrics before

if the host to PresentPeter's consciousness has been locked up since "before claire was born," as per HRG, then he would have no idea who Peter Petrelli was, right? So why does no one think it unusual when he starts screaming "I'm Peter Petrelli!" over and over again out of *nowhere*?

In Five Years Gone, Future Peter had a scar (presumably) from exploding and killing half of New York. Which now has never happened. So why does this version of Future Peter have a scar?

He didn't because he didn't care. No hurry. He knew he was getting her and he has shown a like for theatrics before

He still blew up. He just didn't destroy the city. The scar has to be from something else.

At first I thought that Claire had something to do with Hiro's secret but the fact that it dates back to the founding members of The Company kinda puts that in repute. Adam's blood makes sense.

5. Is LobbyistNikki's power that she can make what people say into reality? Kind of a Scarlet Witch at the end of House of M thing? Or is just the much more boring scenario where she freezes people?

I was thinking more along the lines of Legion: how she has multiple personalities, and each personality has a different power?

I loved both new episodes, but it seems a lot of people didn't care. The show placed a far 3rd place on monday with a 6.1 rating. I still question the logic on moving the show to it's current timeslot. It's gonna get killed by MNF, Dancing with the Whatevers, etc. But it's got me hooked again so yay.