TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

So, about Daphne (The Speedster) and her boss...

I accidentally stumbled across this on Wiki but it mentions something about Hiro and Ando encountering The Haitain when they're in Berlin. Maybe it's her boss, maybe not.

Season 2 may have been a shark jumper for a lot of viewers.

Same thing happened with Lost, and it took until season 4 for people to jump back on. The thing is, I think it probably costs less to keep the show and let it right itself rather than cancel it and have a new show created from scratch - especially given NBC's new policy on ordering shows without screening a pilot first - but if this season starts meandering as Lost did in Season 3 I'd expect Heroes to get the axe. But based on the first two episodes I think things should be fine now.

What was the point of Meredith showing off her ability to Claire? It's not like she didn't know already. "Look at the flame, Claire. Come closer, so I can burn your face."

Yeah, I almost expected Noah to go. "SAFE HANDS? Ha, get it. I said you're in safe hands and she went all firey. Her hands... Get it? Get -ah nevermind."

Nikki/Jessica/45 other personalities/Tracy: I am completely utterly confused. I loved Nikki, and Im liking Tracy too. But didnt she die? Is she a twin? Where did she get that awesome power? Is she lying? Where did Micah & Monica go?

Nikki just needs to go. To me she serves little to no purpose on this show. Kinda like Lana on Smallville

And this show backs of out killing damn near everyone they seem to kill.

I loved the police cam bit with Sylar kicking the agent's asses with the cheesy music playing.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with Knox. I think a Parkman showdown could be awesome. MARLO!

"Oh Jesse's the worse." Gah, another stringalong where we slowly find out what he's able to do, and will likely be disapointed by.

I like the season's start. But as with every season they're trying to do way too much with Peter already.

Mohinder's deal seems stupid. In the timespan of one episode he goes from wanted to cure people's powers to getting powers. The only way I liked the character was powerless. This show loses something when everyone gets powers. Mohinder and Ando now seem like they're gonna be powerfull. Next will be Noah. Then Claire's dog.

Season 2 may have been a shark jumper for a lot of viewers.

Same thing happened with Lost, and it took until season 4 for people to jump back on. The thing is, I think it probably costs less to keep the show and let it right itself rather than cancel it and have a new show created from scratch - especially given NBC's new policy on ordering shows without screening a pilot first - but if this season starts meandering as Lost did in Season 3 I'd expect Heroes to get the axe. But based on the first two episodes I think things should be fine now.

Maybe it's because I watched seasons 1 through 3 on DVD all within the span of 4 weeks, but I don't see the hate on Season 3 at all. Totally enjoyable for me anyways.

The problem Heroes has on Monday is that it is up against two shows that are must see live, Dancing with the Stars and Monday Night Football.

Heroes does really really well on DVR viewings and the 18-34 demo is in the top 10 so it makes NBC money. So no need to worry about it being cancelled.

In about his 3 minutes of total screen time, the Mexican dude playing Jesse already shows he's a better actor than Peter. I swear, that dude sucks the life out of the show when he's doing anything but narrating an episode.

Him and Emo Claire will be the only bad things about season 3.

Him and Emo Claire will be the only bad things about season 3.

I don't see them being a bad thing at all. Just not necessarily good.

Bad is the 2 minutes of screen time Parkman gets each week. I mean, at least with Maya they're dressing her in tight clothing to compensate for her lack of personality, but that ain't gonna help Parkman.

I actually like Parkman. Glad to see he's developing in to Professor X with his powers and not just a mere mind reader. He could end up being one of the most powerful heroes of them all...well except for Peter of course...I hate the fact that he has every power. I mean, I can see if it's like a temporary thing, but at all times? I don't like it, for some reason.

I actually like Parkman. I'd rather see more of him than cockroach!Mohinder. or Tracy/Nikki/Jessica which makes absolutely no fucking sense no matter how they'll try to explain it.

The African man's "Should've gone with Sprint" was way too blatant of an ad, in my opinion. (Nikki holding a Sprint = far more subtle).

So far I'm liking S3. I think they're overcompensating for S2's opening with so many people being able to predict the future in some way, to the point where Mama Petrelli's power is completely different. Her power in S2 was shown to be persuasion, indicated by her 'convincing' Nathan's wife to leave him.

Emo!Claire I can tolerate; at least she's no longer dependant on some random cute guy in school and is actually trying to do something with her power. If ever I hear "I'm just a cheerleader" again, it'll be too soon.

A nice touch I love is the return of S1's scoring.

Claire needs a weapon.

I dunno if its a gun or a blade or a a a hammer..

But she needs to get all mad and ass-kicky.

This emo's gotta stop.

Parkman isn't great but he's not bad and "Thank you for for saving me, turtle!" was gold.

Here's the problem though - they didn't kill him off, meaning that he's needed for something down the line. Yet he's given so little screen time that it's hard for people to care about exactly what that is, since we never see him.

Speaking of never seeing him, is anyone missing Micah and Monica? They've got some cool powers, but I can't say that I'm all that upset that they only showed up in the "Previously" segment.

But she needs to get all mad and ass-kicky.

And then we'll get pissed off because all of a sudden she'll be able to do martial arts moves, like in Power Rangers.

Within a day he went from useless buffoon who was tricked almost all the time and thought he knew all the answers... and BAM! He's all Spider-Man and banged the hottest chick on the show. I can't relate to him anymore.

Mohinder's character doesn't make any sense...first he's trying to figure out what it all means, then he figures that out and vows to take the company down, then he's duped like a moron in to doing the company's work, then he realizes he must cleanse the heroes of the powers, then he realizes that's wrong to do, then he finds out how to create powers, then he decides it's wrong to use said serum and decides to chuck it, then he has a change of heart and gets drunk with power, then he thinks he's bad ass, then oops maybe not.

Did I cover it all?

Oh wait, I forgot how he got duped by Sylar in season one. This guy can't decide to be a good guy or a bad guy and he's too annoying to pull that kind of schtick off.

I don't want to dig it up but Rudo did a really choice faux-dialogue between Sylar and Mohinder that pretty much sums up all of his idiocy. Plus of all the people on the show to bang Mya I'd pick Elle, Claire, Daphne, Nikki and Monica all above him.

Mohinder is just terribly unlikable. His only appeal was that he was a regular guy caught up in this mess with dozens of people much stronger than him. HRG does a great job of coming off as a badass in the same situation. Mohinder is just a goddamn pushover.

He was getting bagged on earlier in the thread, but I think Grunberg as Parkman is definitely one of the standouts. I think a lot of that came out of his first-season storylines, where he was pretty much just a confused guy with marital troubles. He has an everyday matter-of-factness that is otherwise pretty spare on this show.