TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Sylar's ability apparently is to "understand" how everything around him works. Peter's proven repeatedly to be a dumbass, so what I got was he took it so he.. wouldn't be such an idiot anymore. Course, lots of good thats done him.

Yeah, he got the ability and now he's stuck in a coma. Personally I don't much care for the direction his character is taking this season. On some level I can understand what they were trying to do - in order to save the world he has to become a villain - but if anything that made him more of an idiot. Now he's slicing heads left and right like some addict on speed. If anything that just made him worse. I miss the Peter from S1 where he was trying to get out of Nathan's shadow, be more than just a nurse and save the world, etc.

Why must Sylar be a Petrelli anyway? To me, that just seemed like the writers using a stock cliche to give his character an unnecessary "development". (Not to mention ruins all those Petlar fics I read :angry: ) The final scene in the car, with HRG, Claire and Sylar, almost made me intrigued by the potential for a Sylar-Claire match up.

Also, what happened to his super hearing? While he was waiting by the car, and HRG was wanting vortex-guy to kill him, he seemed unable to hear them. Whereas we know from his Road Trip of Awesome with Mohinder, that's not the case.

Papa Petrelli is a completely unnecessary addition to the cast. As is the sudden overpowering of Nightmare Man.

Mohinder is dull already, but at least he shut Maya up. That's a plus.

Also, what happened to his super hearing? While he was waiting by the car, and HRG was wanting vortex-guy to kill him, he seemed unable to hear them. Whereas we know from his Road Trip of Awesome with Mohinder, that's not the case.

That irked the shit out of me. I'm glad someone else noticed.

The only thing that has been shown so far is Claire has to be the worst villain hunter EVER. She goes after a villain she knows can open vortexes with....a taser. REALLY? A F'N TASER?

Apparantly, when he got infected with the Shanti Virus last season, it wiped out all of his other powers except his telekinesis and his intuitive knowledge.

Now, this may be temporary, as we see him go nuclear in the future.

Here's something I'm curious about. If Linderman is a product of the Nightmare Man, how did Nathan come back to life? I guess we can chalk it up to Claire's blood again, but my understanding was that he would've healed once the bullets were removed.

Was peter ever near Linderman? Maybe future Peter learned the ability from someone else? He sure didn't seem too suprised when Nathan came back to life.

I don't think he was ever near Linderman on the show, but it stands to reason he was near him at some point if Linderman and Pete's Dad were so close.

So, Robert Forster is the Petrelli dad. I guess the comics/sci-fi connection is his being in The Black Hole, but I remember him more from Jackie Brown and Karen Sisco.

I'm starting to think that's the point.

Hey was the bartender Horshu?

That's Luther Reigns to you, son.

People watched Karen Sisco?

People should have - I mean, Carla Gugino is all kinds of hot. But I'm an Elmore Leonard fan, and thus inherently biased.

That's Luther Reigns to you, son.

I've watched tonnes more WCW Saturday Night than Smackdown, therefore, it's Horshu, dammit.

Great building block episode. It dropped the storylines that were starting to suck (Parkman in Africa, Hiro being a killer, Peter and his "I HAVE TO CONTROL IT" angst, etc.) and set up Pinehearst nicely. They also combined the garbage that is Muhinder and Nathan/Tracy, so less time spent on that. Still not buying Claire as a badass though, and a little disappointed at the end of the Sylar/HRG pairing.

It seems like this season should be subtitled "Everyone's in a coma."

So...wow, what a waste of Adam. Mama P had him dug up for that? I hope something happens to Sylar this season that's going to have to turn him back bad.

And is this organization going after every single character?

So...wow, what a waste of Adam. Mama P had him dug up for that? I hope something happens to Sylar this season that's going to have to turn him back bad.

And is this organization going after every single character?

Well, she obviously had other plans for him before Mr. Petrelli got to him.

Peter losing his powers = suck.

Peter losing his powers sucks becuase it's going to mean even more of his shitty character on a quest to get them back and feel useful again. Fuck I hate that guy. Almost as much as I hate Suresh.

Also, why is Nightmare Man appearing as Linderman to people who've probably never met Linderman to begin with? Ie: Daphne. Why not just be himself?

Also, why is Nightmare Man appearing as Linderman to people who've probably never met Linderman to begin with? Ie: Daphne. Why not just be himself?

`

I was thinking the same thing. Makes sense for Nathan to see Linderman. But Daphne wouldn't know Linderman from any other old man in a suit

It's all about image. Would you be more inclined to believe a smooth looking guy with neatly trimmed facial hair and a British accent or a chubby dude who's poorly dressed and doesn't sound British?