TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I'm getting close to pulling a 180 on my feelings about Suresh. I like how he's becomming crazed and obssessed the more and more his mutation takes over him.

He has always had that obsession thing, but it works so much better now that he's a villain.

I'm still trying to figure out why Meredith and Flint decide to leave Odessa for Houston to get to the Mexican border. Check a map guys, you're doing it wrong.

Maybe they were trying to get to Southwest Houston, just opposite 59 and down Bellaire Blvd?

Oh shit, where everything is in Cantonese? Well..there's always Hong Kong City Mall or the numerous Bida halls to hold up and score some quick cash..

Snore. Those tie-ins to the beginning of the series weren't as cute and clever as intended. I just remembered that Villains is actually just the first half of season 1, so there's only 5 more episodes of this business until we move on to a new go-to-the-future-and-find-the-threat episode!

Oh, and I think the whole "Elle and Bennett manipulated Sylar into becoming a horrible killer when he was on his way to controlling it or taking himself out of the equation" is way too neat and tidy. Obviously it puts a sort of karmic retribution in place for Bennett since it was this process that rather directly led to Sylar's continued tormenting of his daughter, but c'mon, guys. The villain-attempts-redemption arc has been one of the few steadily interesting storylines in this season (really, it's that, Parkman, and Jaime Hector's hilarious "YOUR FEAR'S POWERIN ME UP!" stuff that's kept me watching), but a surefire to kill that is to make it into "look, he wasn't bad all along, he's been created!" Murdering self-absorbed monster attempts to stop being murdering self-absorbed monster is a lot better when the murdering self-absorbed monster is actually allowed to retain his past as a murdering self-absorbed monster.

Yes, I enjoyed that last sentence.

Man, harsh critics this season. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and liked how everything tied back to season 1, from the train derail, to the car accident, etc. Gave a little more insight into some of the things going on this season. Especially the stuff surrounding Arthur, but I guess I'm just easily pleased. ;)

The last ten minutes made that episode great. Watching the sides form up and actually tying the story lines together was much needed. Except of course for Hiro, who is becoming more useless by the episode.

I'm going to just come out and say it: if it gets renewed for one, this show will not last past a fourth season. The ratings are slipping and the storylines are getting way too convoluted and the charm and grounding that the first season provided -- normal, everyday people discovering they have fantastic abilities -- is just gone. These characters are just not that interesting anymore.

I'm going to just come out and say it: if it gets renewed for one, this show will not last past a fourth season. The ratings are slipping and the storylines are getting way too convoluted and the charm and grounding that the first season provided -- normal, everyday people discovering they have fantastic abilities -- is just gone. These characters are just not that interesting anymore.

Well that is why they fired Loeb and Alexander. According to TV guide Kring wanted to get the show back to the way it was in the 1st season with character driven stories, the other two wanted to stick with the convulted and comic book-y ways of the last two seasons. Kring won that battle.

And change will start in the next arc "Fugitives"

Also the writer that wrote "Company Man" is a a creator of "Pushing Daisies" and he has already gone on record and said that if "Pushing Daisies" does not get picked up for the rest of the season, all they have to do is call and he will go back to "Heroes"

The Sylar/Elle scenes were fantastic. There are elements of the actual story I don't much like, but the execution was brilliant. Props to ZQ and KB, and to the effects guys.

Anybody else getting a Buffy season 5 endgame vibe? Arthur = Glory. Claire = The Key

I honestly have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore. I have every episode this season DVRed still, I'm going to have to spare a day and just sit down and try to figure all the shit out because I'm totally lost.

So, how about that Irish dame Peter left fucked over in a dystopian future? That sure was a plot line.

He forgot her the moment he saw Adam.

No, really. It's sad that it's true.

I honestly have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore. I have every episode this season DVRed still, I'm going to have to spare a day and just sit down and try to figure all the shit out because I'm totally lost.

It doesn't matter. The side effect of realizing what is going on is you just don't care that it's going on. Anything any of the characters had that WAS interesting has been completely erased for something that is incredibly stupid and even when it's supposed to make sense it makes no sense.

So now Sylar can get powers by caring about people.

I. Hate. This. Show.

I would guess that it was after seeing this episode that they chose to fire people.

Yeah. It sort of makes sense, in that Arthur, Peter, and Sylar all have variations on the same power, given the family relationship and all that, but it's still lame. Again, it completely removes the stakes from this redemption arc; if the guy can just get what he always wants with the only difference being that he doesn't have to poptop people's heads, it's a bit shallow.

Best part was Papa Petrelli more or less paraphrasing NWA's "One Less Bitch" while talking about women when everyone was stuck up in Ma Petrelli's mind.

So how is Mama Petrelli's team supposed to compete against Papa Petrelli's team anyway?

"Hi! My team can fly, dream about the future, heal, know your thoughts, and release gas pipes inside dark, dank sewers. Yours?"

"Oh the usual. Steal all your powers, freeze you to death, electrocute you to death, burn you to death, punch a hole through you, kill you just by touching you."

Yea, cause a group of Villian's who have a clear advantage over the Heroes until something crazy happens to even the score NEVER happens in comic books...

Meethinks thou dost protest too much.

I felt this was a fine episode, and like someone else said before, the villains always have to look more powerful than the heroes, otherwise it would be completely boring. The heroes have to overcome the odds thru teamwork, a good gameplan, sheer will, or capitalizing on the enemy's mistake. At least that's the comic book way.

I'm still enjoying this season, but I seem to be in the very minority here.

I felt this was a fine episode, and like someone else said before, the villains always have to look more powerful than the heroes, otherwise it would be completely boring. The heroes have to overcome the odds thru teamwork, a good gameplan, sheer will, or capitalizing on the enemy's mistake. At least that's the comic book way.

I think that's only true in the Marvel Universe. As examples, think about who's more powerful:

Professor X or Magneto?

Richards or Dr. Doom?

Spider-Man or Venom?

In the DCU, you have:

Superman or Lex Luthor?

Batman or the Joker?

Flash or all his Rogues Gallery?

Back to Sylar, I wonder if this new power absorption comes from the fact that Elle WANTED help.