TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I can't see him needing Hiro for anything, save his powers and he didn't take those. Unless Hiro has something to do with the formula because his pappy was involved.

I thought everyone would see through the weak misdirection and know that Hiro is the catalyst and not Claire. I mean, he hid it in his son...makes the most sense.

I can't see him needing Hiro for anything, save his powers and he didn't take those. Unless Hiro has something to do with the formula because his pappy was involved.

I thought everyone would see through the weak misdirection and know that Hiro is the catalyst and not Claire. I mean, he hid it in his son...makes the most sense.

That's fine if true.. but even if it is, Arthur doesn't know that. He's moving forward as if it were Claire. If he did know it, then he would've taken Hiro with him.

I'm not trying to dog on this show for the sake of dogging on it.. I really want to love it like I used to. But really.. it's just getting brutal.

I'm pretty much there too. The early stages of this season were fine but ever since the War of The Petrelli's has come to the forefront things have gotten very convoluted and the chinks in this shows armor are appearing more and more evident as the weeks go on.

That was lame. Character motivations are just popping up all over the place for convenience's sake. I'm looking forward to this arc ending in a couple weeks and the replacement writers getting a shot with what should really be a pretty exciting property. I'm amazed they've managed to keep a story about superpowers feeling so dull and low-stakes of late.

I understand that the butterfly effect is a big part of the show in regards to the time travelling aspect.

But that doesn't make what dubq is saying any less true. Arthur, point blank, should have killed Hiro. There's really no excuse. Now that he's absorbed Peter's powers if he offed Hiro that'd make him the only person with that ability to time-travel and for a guy that's been portrayed as an evil mastermind the fact that he let who's likely the only legit threat to him live is completely retarded.

Respect for Hiro's father or some bullshit like that could be the reason why he just made Hiro think he's a child... or maybe he thinks he can use him down the line or some shit.

Claire's becoming a bigger cunt every week.

Seconded. Jesus Christ I was almost wishing Hiro teleported her into the center of the sun. I'm getting real fucking tired of her "I hate my daddy and I wish I didn't have my power oh wait now I want it so I can be Little Miss Badass!" attitude.

Guest Vitamin X

This week's episode was a pretty disappointing payoff. So the eclipse was just an experiment to see what would happen with these guys without their power and then it was over so that's that? Lame. I'd love for Peter to get his powers back.

At least it looks like Hiro will only have been 10 years old for a total of three-ish episodes. Stupid fucking show. This must be the easiest paycheck for almost every actor on here, since nothing the stories have them do from episode to episode has to be consistent at all. Thank god this whole arc is over in a few weeks.

Why? It's not like it's the story that is causing writers to write it up so poorly. It's the writers themselves. Starting a new arc won't change the quality of the writing on the show. Or acting.

I remember people were bitching about Season 2, and saying "Thank god 'Villains' is coming up. That should be interesting!", now I'm seeing almost the same complaints for Villains, complete with the assurance that the NEXT one would be better.

At least it looks like Hiro will only have been 10 years old for a total of three-ish episodes. Stupid fucking show. This must be the easiest paycheck for almost every actor on here, since nothing the stories have them do from episode to episode has to be consistent at all. Thank god this whole arc is over in a few weeks.

Hey, at least we were spared the embarassment of seeing Marlo say "Naw, YOU AFRAID" and then puffing his chest out like a blowfish.

Why? It's not like it's the story that is causing writers to write it up so poorly. It's the writers themselves. Starting a new arc won't change the quality of the writing on the show. Or acting.

It will if the head writers were, you know, fired.

It's only going to get worse. They fired real comic book writers. Watch the show get more Hollywoodized now.

It's only going to get worse. They fired real comic book writers. Watch the show get more Hollywoodized now.

Jeph Loeb is the Vince Russo of comic books. He wrote on Smallville for god's sake.

No, it will get better because they fired Jeph Loeb who has been the worst writer in comics since he began on Superman/Batman. A billion characters, non stop time travel, nonsensical storytelling, all that shit you see in Heroes can be found on his entire Superman/Batman run.

I think I read somewhere (EW) that they already helped write 17 of the 25 episodes this year. So don't look for changes right away.

No, it will get better because they fired Jeph Loeb who has been the worst writer in comics since he began on Superman/Batman. A billion characters, non stop time travel, nonsensical storytelling, all that shit you see in Heroes can be found on his entire Superman/Batman run.

Loeb will never be the worst writer in comics as long as Bruce Jones is around. That guy managed to kill Checkmate in one issue.

And I'm shocked we haven't mentioned that Loeb was a writer during S2 of Lost.

Anyway, I'm not sure that Heroes will ever get back to the levels of season one. Did it set expectations too high? Or should we expect some sort of Lost-like renaissance?

Heroes kind of can't work the same as season 1 anymore...because what I thought was great about Season 1 can't be repeated. Sylar was a mysterious force of evil...the boogeyman for the people with powers... So...that's gone as all hell...

And... you didn't know who you could trust as those people were getting introduced. Hell...HRG was at his best when you didn't know if he was good or bad. Can't go back there either...

We know too much about these people...and now they turn into 10 year olds and aquire powers by acting like a care bear.

The most intriguing seems to be Papa Petrelli since you don't really know what he's up to yet with some of his questionable choices, but I have a feeling he'll be ruined by someone like Suresh murkin him or something equally weak.