TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Guest Vitamin X

I'm thinking the cutie pie blonde that'll die is going to be icy/Tracy. Why? Because there's still ANOTHER triplet out there named Barbara. And Ali Larter just won't die.

I'm thinking the cutie pie blonde that'll die is going to be icy/Tracy. Why? Because there's still ANOTHER triplet out there named Barbara. And Ali Larter just won't die.

No matter how much we beg for it

People keep talking about "saving the show", yet the show is one of, if not the, strongest ratings draws for NBC and isn't in danger of going anywhere. As far as quality, I like this season only slightly less than season 1.

People keep talking about "saving the show", yet the show is one of, if not the, strongest ratings draws for NBC and isn't in danger of going anywhere. As far as quality, I like this season only slightly less than season 1.

Point taken, all of NBC is struggling. The problem Heroes has is that it's really expense and NBC might feel the ratings don't justify the cost thus its budget might be slashed or the show might get cancelled all together.

I also think that NBC hoped that "Heroes" would be their flagship show and seeing the show lose so many viewers is a reason why Heroes is considered a disappointment.

Guest Vitamin X
I also think that NBC hoped that "Heroes" would be their flagship show and seeing the show lose so many viewers is a reason why Heroes is considered a disappointment.

* Despite all the news today about NBC's reorganization, Heroes remains one of the Peacock net's biggest 18-49 draws, so it will continue to be one of the network's flagship series—and Bryan Fuller is back on board. Holler!

* Despite all the news today about NBC's reorganization, Heroes remains one of the Peacock net's biggest 18-49 draws, so it will continue to be one of the network's flagship series—and Bryan Fuller is back on board. Holler!

Yeah a flagship show that got 7.9 million viewers last week.

Compared to

25 million that American Idol gets for Fox

21 million Dancing with the Stars get for ABC

18 million CSI gets for CBS

If budget is a concern, they should return to the formula of S1, back when the show was character driven and not about all the fancy effects. Also, not having so many damn cast members would help.

Peter will not be without abilities for too much longer. In fact, sources tell me he'll be flying high within a few short episodes.

Considering he was standing close to Nathan after the Eclipse then he should be doing that already.

Well I have learned that people around here turn on programs that don't go the way they want them to go.

..right, and why wouldn't we?

I'm sorry, but I'm missing how Nathan pulled an about-face on his entire character back in the jungle during the eclipse. Suddenly his dad is a visionary and it's a great idea to use the formula, and now suddenly he's all against his friends and family and wants to put them into concentration camps? Sorry but either it's really bad writing or that's not really Nathan and it's some shapeshifter. I'm voting for the bad writing excuse.

Claire with a shotgun may have been the lamest thing they've done all season. Right up until they decided they could send Daphne back and forth through time and chalked it up to Einstein.

I thought they had something with Big Brother Sylar tormenting everyone at Primatech, but it didn't work out as well as it could have. I wish they'd stop trying to sell Hayden Panettiere as a badass already.

Guest Vitamin X

Great, awesome episode. Really good way to end this mostly disaster of a season... Kind of glad they killed off Knox and Meredith, since they didn't add a whole lot to the show. Sad about the Puppeteer, though. He could've kept being a great villain.

I think they did a good job of setting everything up. Oh, and Ando's power is really lame.. of course now he's even more a sidekick than he was before since he's just a supercharger. Shame they couldn't give Hiro back his power, but yay to giving Peter his ability back! I think we're going to see some Micah next season.. Not sure what to make of that yet. Oh, and the Heroes Redux rumors...

WHAT'S TO COME:

Sylar's Not Dead: Yes, Sylar's healing power was deactivated, and yes he was in the exploding building when Meredith went kablooey, but no, he ain't dead. He'll emerge from the rubble and set off on a quest to find his powers. And Angela told the truth (believe it or not) when she said he was decidedly not the product of a humble watchmaker and a woman who collected snow globes.

That Death Reset: The death reset I've been promising was not Elle. The death I'm referring to has not happened yet, and after this episode I'm more glad than ever that the writers are giving the character a second chance—because she rocks.

Hiro on Hold: Even though Arthur took his native abilities, Peter can now fly, thanks to a timely injection of the formula. Hiro's powers, however, will remain offline for the time being. Good news for the anti-time-travel faction of the fandom!

Oh, and Ando's power is really lame.. of course now he's even more a sidekick than he was before since he's just a supercharger. Shame they couldn't give Hiro back his power, but yay to giving Peter his ability back! I think we're going to see some Micah next season.. Not sure what to make of that yet. Oh, and the Heroes Redux rumors...

His powers must evolve though.. Remember the flashforward where he blasts Hiro with a red Raiden style lightning bolt and then takes the formula?

It'll probably be Daphne and Claire's biological mom, to ensure that the stakes stay as low as possible.

Hey, I was pretty close. I just picked the wrong spunky blonde girl, or wrong not-black guy, or wrong fat puppet guy.

I'm down with President Worf, and thought "Sylar does Saw" was pretty funny, if retarded. It looks like we'll get a few episodes of a thinly veiled superhero Guantanamo fairly soon. Also, we should start a pool on when Hiro will get his powers back through some plot contrivance, and what contrivance that'll be. I'm guessing 7 episodes, and Ando squeezing his arm or something and finding out that the powers were WITHIN HIS HEART ALL ALONG HE JUST HAD TO BELIEVE.

Not much really happened in this volume, did it?

I hated so much about this episode

Badass Claire is awful, awful, stupid, dumb, stupid, stupid, and stupid. It's just awful, and stupid. It's awful, it's bad tv.

So fire woman can't control her power...ok, but while doing so she can't turn and face the goddamn wall while in the room with someone else? She needs to look right at them and shove her hands and their direction?

Knox had potential to be a great character, and gets killed by the show's all time worst cast member, that's just great.

Ando with powers...sure, cause there can't be normal people left in the world. At least they dumbly found a way to use it to do exactly what they needed.

I was really on board with this season, but that episode sucked ass.

However I am looking forward to volume 4 :-P I've always liked Nathan better as a bad guy, and even miss Micha

I really don't see where this perceived "bad-ass" Claire is coming from. It's not like they pulled the trigger on that hokey, dressed in black, dyed her hair Claire we saw in the future, this is just a teenage girl dealing with the feeling that she's meant for something greater, which incase anyone forgot IS WHAT THE WHOLE SHOW IS ABOUT. She's hitting people from behind and helping people escape not-that-intelligent(hmmm I wonder if fire-woman might use the fire on the glass window....nah it's bulletproof, and fire's just like bullets...) captures. It's not like she's beating people to death with her bare-hands and running the show.

One thing that pissed me off is how careless they're being with the time-travel thing. The einstein explination was one of the laziest peices of writing I've ever seen, and how dissappointing was it to see Hiro holding the formula that's been ripped in two peices, which seemed like foreshadowing that the future hadn't been changed, only to completely destroy it later in the episode? They need to tighten that shit up.

Other than that I feel it's gotten back to the point of it all a little better, they just need to get rid of all that time-travel shit, and if they don't, at least come up with some better writing to explain it. That and find a better balance with people dying. There's no reason for us to believe that anyone we've seen die is actually gone, and they need to establish that people who die actually stay dead before they try to shock us with anymore sudden deaths.

Guest Vitamin X

To be fair, I am much more in favor of seeing Claire defend herself in some ways (like she did a couple weeks back when she took a bullet for her dad) rather than just be a stupid helpless cheerleader- she has a great ability, even if it's mostly defensive. I'm guessing the slight on her character is that Hayden Panitierre is only so limited as an actress to portray her, but I don't think she's overextended it enough to where it's annoying- only in that one episode in the future which was just really unbelievable, but then again that had perfect English speaking badass Hiro, Sylar in an apron, and angry backstabbing Ando- just kind of bizarre.

Also, spunky blonde girl is not Meredith- she wasn't that spunky to begin with, anyhow. The rumor said it was a spunky blonde in a relationship- so it could either be Elle, Daphne, or Tracy.. Possibly even Claire? Damn this show likes blondes..

It's funny how when this show first came out, it ruled all kinds of ass.. Lost was sucking some major ass with all of that too much Others stuff in Season 3.. now they've completely switched spots on that spectrum, IMO. I keep watching this to see if they can get their shit together but it's always the same old garbage rehashed, over and over and over and over again. I seriously hope they pull a Prison Break on this show and cancel it by the end of a fourth season because it's just painful to watch.