TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I think the direction the show has turned is for the best, really. It is sort of "starting a new." Primatech is gone. Pinehearst is gone. And this is shaping up to be the "Five Years Gone" universe from season one, which fits with the theme of the "unchangeable future."

Also, there is nothing like a good old fugitives story.

"Heroes," as far as I can see, can never really attain their season one glory. Those days are long gone.

I agree that they'll never attain the interest people had in season one but tonight wasn't bad.

Having said that, it wasn't that good. There were literally a half-dozen moments that I predicted before they happened and Nathan as the leader of the anti-abilities movement is fuckin lame.

Though I did enjoy Sylar tooling the S.W.A.T team that came to his dads house. The minute he got shot with the darts I said "Oh no, fuck that!" and sure enough he went to town on everybody.

Glad to see Governor Devlin from Oz make it to the show. That dude is always quality.

So the God fearing (religious whacko), security minded, tough-on-crime former DA is now the leader of the bad guys who sneak in to innocent Americans' homes and kidnap people, restrain them against their will, and fly them off to parts unknown. I'd be surprised if they didn't just call the as yet unnamed destination Litmo or something.

So the God fearing (religious whacko), security minded, tough-on-crime former DA is now the leader of the bad guys who sneak in to innocent Americans' homes and kidnap people, restrain them against their will, and fly them off to parts unknown.

With context, that's really not as far-fetched as it may seem. By locking up people with abilities, he's preserving national security and preventing them from becoming unstoppable criminals. Mohinder had a decent-enough explanation I thought. The God-fearing stuff- they addressed it in a way while he was being interviewed on TV, but I'd be glad if that was fleeting and has since been dropped. They're already bordering on too many cliches as it is.

It was also pretty easy to predict stuff tonight based on the previews that showed nearly every big surprise (Noah on the plane, the plane crashing, etc.). Once we actually get into the season, I have hope they still have some surprises.

I thought the Hiro/Ando stuff was a nice change of pace, but that's largely because I'm an Ando mark. Claire still walks that line of being an insufferable whiny bitch and a badass (though her boot to the back of the head of the driver was pretty nice). Still not buying Parkman & Daphne or Mohinder with abilities, and Sylar continues to be the best part of the show. You've got to figure they're going to keep him away from the main storyline as long as possible, because as it currently stands, sticking Peter and Sylar on the same side in a fight against Nathan and the Hunter (with no Haitian to be found) would just be a slaughter. Unless, of course, the Hunter has powers, too.

think my biggest problem with this weeks ep was the end of it, the big dramatic shot of Mohinder hanging onto Peter so he doesn't get sucked out of the plane and die...you know, not like he could just fly away or anything...

think my biggest problem with this weeks ep was the end of it, the big dramatic shot of Mohinder hanging onto Peter so he doesn't get sucked out of the plane and die...you know, not like he could just fly away or anything...

That's what I was thinking! I kept saying to myself, "I guess this is supposed to be dramatic, but the guy cn FLY if he gets sucked out!" It's not like they thought we might have forgotten either, because they reminded us that Peter could fly again not 15 minutes before.

They didnt remind us Peter can fly. The line was that flying was the last thing Nathan saw Peter do.

The explanation will probably be along the lines that he only has one power at a time now.

I think its a little harsh to assume the writers just blundered and don't have that covered...

Good episode, anyway.

Why do they insist on the most contrived ways to put in the 'comic drawings from the future' plot device into every season? The rest of the ep was good, but surely the writers can invent better ways to create suspense than that old trick.

Parkman, despite being a former Cop and a Telepath has never been worth anything other than to get some mid-level information that the others can use to help the big picture. Might as well go all out and make him the new Issac full time.

They didnt remind us Peter can fly. The line was that flying was the last thing Nathan saw Peter do.

The explanation will probably be along the lines that he only has one power at a time now.

I think its a little harsh to assume the writers just blundered and don't have that covered...

Good episode, anyway.

Yea, I thought that was pretty obvious. Remember, Peter lost his powers, and only got them back because of the formula. And it seems pretty clear that for right now at least, he has only the power of the last person he touched as noted by the fact that once he touched Tracy, he started getting his ass kicked not realizing his power had changed.

I quite liked Microwave Boy this week. Sylar with a sidekick might be interesting.

Has there been a wussier band of resistance fighters, though? Parkman is the only one with a really effective power at this point, and he's, well, Parkman.

So two shows in and I'm just really not feeling this show as much as I used to. Everything is to the point of seeing too convenient that this and that is happening now, and it just doesn't have that same flow it used to.

Granted, I'm somewhat relieved the show has seemed to slow down alot and things are developed a bit more cohesively (thanks to the return of those original writers, I believe) but the spark is all but out on this show at this point to me.

is peter as the kinda resistance leader too obv for an answer?

edit: scratch that. he didn't want to use cell phones and i'm now making a bet on micah. ;)

This Sylar as Obi Wan shit is utter crap.

Truth. This episode was a pretty significant letdown after the good start to the season. What the fuck was the point of sending Hiro and Ando to India?

Here's to hoping an HRG-centric episode next week can get it back on track.

this week's episode had 3 things I hated

Ando and Hiro in a different country for seemingly no reason...and sure, a reason will pop up, but it'll be lame. Hiro was also getting on my nerves being a brat with all the I need to be the hero, not you talk.

Tracy/Nikki/Jessica doing anything...God. I hate that if they kill Tracy then Ali still has another character lined up.

And Claire being a little bitch and not doing what's best for her. I wouldn't mind her character taking a dirt nap.

Looking forward to a Noah episode.

Guest Vitamin X

I like that they used Ali Larter in the only way that made sense to.. No or very little lines, white tanktop, sweating her ass off.

Kind of lame how they left the whole Micah storyline hanging since Nikki died, but whatever. Hiro has been awful without his powers, and Ando has one of the lamest powers ever. Also disappointing was the lack of any of the fugitives this past week.

I did kind of enjoy the whole parallel drawn this week between Sylar and his father and Claire and her father, and the distance the two children feel towards their fathers. Aside from that, it didn't feel like it moved forward very much. Does anyone else feel like the show feels shorter and shorter?

Yeah, I feel like they are really grasping at straws in terms of character development, and things/main ideas are being rehashed over and over again, such as the dynamic with Claire and HRG, it's like ok already, we get that Claire is the stubborn little girl who doesn't want daddy protecting her anymore. How many times have they gone back to this?

Same for Hiro and Ando, we get the dymanic there, it doesn't have to be reinterpreted to us ad nauseum. Same goes for just about every storyline in this show right now, it's just stagnant for the most part.

Next week's show appeared to look promising, but time will tell.

Yeah, I feel like they are really grasping at straws in terms of character development, and things/main ideas are being rehashed over and over again, such as the dynamic with Claire and HRG, it's like ok already, we get that Claire is the stubborn little girl who doesn't want daddy protecting her anymore. How many times have they gone back to this?

Yeah after the last episode I was wondering if we're supposed to feel sympathy for her, because I sure as hell don't. Her dad is doing something he doesn't particularly want to do in order to save her from being dragged off to God knows where and all she can do is whine about how "You can't control me any more!" Then, she tells her mother anout it even though HRG's been keeping it from her for her own good (knowing is not half then battle when shadowy cabals are concerned) and destroys her family. Then she gets all remorseful and wants daddy to forgive her AND HE DOES! If I were HRG, I would have kicked her to the curb the first time she went on about how she needed to fight her own battles and didn't need me anymore. To me, she's being a spoiled whiner who needs a swift kick in the ass,

Claire is indeed one of the least likable characters. It's bothersome that she's always such a focal point. I don't think the writers of the past two seasons have really figured out if they want to make her a Daddy's girl or a badass. Both come off weak.

Tonight is a pivotal episode. This volume is starting to tail off, and they desperately need something to get them back on track. Fortunately, they're banking it all on the most consistently great character on the show. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, if tonight doesn't deliver this show is in trouble. Noah, IMO is the most intriguing character on the show and probably their best actor too so if he can't pull off something good I'll be concerned for the future.