TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Probably pre-paid for by the Company?

Does anyone wish they would just get rid of Claire at this point?

Yeah, I do. She's not interesting at all and honestly gets way too much time devoted to her by the show.

Yessum, she's becoming Heroes Lana Lang. She's insanely hot, but I don't care at all what happens to her character.

Every time she TAKES A STAND I just cringe, she's just annoying

Yeah, I do. She's not interesting at all and honestly gets way too much time devoted to her by the show.

Yessum, she's becoming Heroes Lana Lang. She's insanely hot, but I don't care at all what happens to her character.

Heh, I guess I'm in the extreme minority that finds her just about the only interesting thing on the show.

Anyway, how did that video that got released at the end of the episode do ANYTHING to hurt what Nathan is doing? Those "American" citizens all had their faces covered. They were filmed in an undisclosed hangar that could have been anywhere in the world. Hell, that could have been a staged video. Why would the media just take it and run with it, even as irresponsible as they are?

Is there any way the the reveal of the identity of "Rebel" will be anything but disappointing?

Rebel will no doubt let me down. Heroes already annoyed me when they did an episode that kept showing Nathan on the phone with someone...and the whole time I'm thinking "it's mom, right?" And at the end they do the reveal...and it's such a non twist or anything I wondered why they didn't just say it was her in the first place.

Sylar's roadtrip has too much filler right now. All of his story this week could have been told in 1/3 the time

To be fair, Lana Lang was never interesting. I'm talking the Superman mythos in general here, not just Smallville (which is what I assume you're talking about - I don't watch the show).

From EW.com

The ink on NBC's unofficial renewal of Heroes is barely dry and already the show's producers are looking ahead to the fourth season. Truth be told, they've been looking ahead for some time now.

"We've spent a lot of time in the writers room talking about what season 4 is going to look like," consulting producer Bryan Fuller told me earlier this week. (At the time he was cautiously optimistic about the show's chances of returning.)

Fuller says the final moments of the season 3 finale will set the stage for what's to come in the fall. "Basically, the last act of episode 25, similar to what's been done in the past, opens up a new chapter of Heroes. It sets up arcs for a variety of characters."

That's particularly true in the case of Claire, Fuller says. "We set all the pieces up in terms of Claire's attitude and what her trajectory is going to be in season 4. You will have a very strong idea by the end of this season's final episode where Claire is going and what's going to be happening with the Petrellis."

---------

NBC says that Heroes will be back for 18-20 episodes next season

Guest Vitamin X
Theory: Rebel is Micah.

That was my theory too. Wonder why no one on the show thought of it.

Also, second straight week without Hiro and Ando. The hell is going on with time devoted to the characters lately?

The fourth season really needs to have something different to it. There's too much time travel/seeing the future and then wandering around vaguely trying to prevent something from happening. How about some more action, some battles? They hardly ever use their powers to do anything exciting.

Also, second straight week without Hiro and Ando. The hell is going on with time devoted to the characters lately?

How much time did you need devoted to seeing Ando slap Hiro for being an idiot?

Micah makes sense, but would he have the maturity necessary to coordinate all of this?

Guest Vitamin X

How much time did you need devoted to seeing Ando slap Hiro for being an idiot?

None. That was already covered in the last episode. It's criminal that two of the most crucial characters on this show have been left with practically NOTHING, no development of their characters, no progression in their storylines, nada. Meanwhile, we're getting rehashed bullshit from HRG and the hunter guy who is starting to kind of annoy me.

Micah makes sense, but would he have the maturity necessary to coordinate all of this?

He did always seem pretty smart for his age; and I think he was supposed to be in his pre-teens when we last saw him, so he should be much older now. In fact..

The writers just are not planning anything long term it seems. Sylar's been looking for dad for how many episodes, and that's all that happens? Volume 2 was a mess, but there was some good, same with 3.

I really enjoyed the scene with Sylar's dad, probably for the same reasons why YNA and others didn't. The acting was very good but never overdramatic, the explanations made as much sense as they could and the ending closed things off nicely.

It's been so long since I've seen Hiro and Ando, I didn't even get the ending...am I missing something here?

The scene with Sylar and his dad wasn't bad, but what did it really leave us with? That Sylar's dad was an evil bastard who killed Sylar's mother just because? Not really an insightful revelation or anything.

The scene with Sylar and his dad wasn't bad, but what did it really leave us with? That Sylar's dad was an evil bastard who killed Sylar's mother just because? Not really an insightful revelation or anything.

Pretty much how I feel. Too many episodes were dedicated to the storyline if that's it

Pretty much how I feel. Too many episodes were dedicated to the storyline if that's it

I have a weird feeling his father is going to try to hunt down the "Cheerleader from California" with the healing powers that Sylar mentioned.

Although it has been a little underwhelming this volume, next episode is the official return of Bryan Fuller, who wrote the ep. It is what I've personally been waiting for this season before I decided whether or not to stop watching. I am not expecting his presence to turn everything around immediately for the better, because he has to work with what was given to him, but it should at least show some new direction and some positive direction for the show.

Although it has been a little underwhelming this volume, next episode is the official return of Bryan Fuller, who wrote the ep. It is what I've personally been waiting for this season before I decided whether or not to stop watching. I am not expecting his presence to turn everything around immediately for the better, because he has to work with what was given to him, but it should at least show some new direction and some positive direction for the show.

So the shows so far have still been written by the old squad who did the half season (which was REALLY all over the place) last fall into the winter?

That's good to know because I was under the assumption that this new half season was, from the start, with the old writer intact, which confused me why it got so bad. Now this at least makes sense.

Damn, talk about pushing the reset button. Two deaths in one show, Hiro gets (at least some of) his powers back and the return of Micah. A decent enough transition episode. Excited to see Sylar go back on the hunt.

I gave Heroes anotehr chance tonight, in hearing of the return of the old writer, and I gotta say this was way better of an episode so far this year than anything else. Two deaths that needed to happen, and things got a bit more logical and coherant than before.

The directing in this episode was also spectacular, as well- there was a lot of different shots, effects, and transitions used tonight I hadn't seen all year, maybe throughout the whole series... It actually felt new and innovative for a change. From the very beginning to the end. Also, for those of you who were decrying the fact I was complaining about Hiro and Ando being gone for a whole month and that they need to focus on other characters, well this episode proves that wrong. It actually did a brilliant job of balancing all the characters whose storylines needed attention, wrapping up, or progressing. We didn't see anything from Nathan, Claire, or Sylar this week but we'll obviously get more of that now that Tracy (who was mostly just sweating in a room all season) and Daphne, who was one of the few female characters I liked but her death will probably motivate Parkman a bit more and honestly now that Hiro has his powers back, she's not really necessary. That whole Paris scene was insanely cheesy, but I liked it. Tracy's "ice mask" winking and/or shedding a tear as her last shot was REALLY corny, but she definitely went out in style... Pretty similar to how her sister went out. I wonder if Ali Larter is going to return as Barbara, the third triplet.

Anyways, Bryan Fuller knows what the fuck he's doing. He used the characters better than they had been all season, and gave them direction and purpose.. I didn't have a whole lot of complaints about the show before, but the difference is like night and day.. It feels almost as if the entire cast and crew is more motivated now or something. Everything looked better.

I think I'm going to wait till next year to start watching it again. I gave up on it a few weeks ago after it was just a chore to watch.

What a difference a Bryan Fuller makes. The hard-on this show has for killing women is still pretty weird, but I'm glad his return did not disappoint. I'd been in "show goes on while I'm doing several other things" mode for a while and was just about to banish it to the same pit I tossed Lost this year, but this was good enough to keep me interested to the end of the season.

And yes, Mole; Monday's episode was Season 1 good.

I figured TSM had a penchant for complaining and nitpicking, but after watching that episode I knew there had to be no way anyone could complain about it. It was just incredible, definitely the best episode in a very, very long time.