TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO "Holy shit, Kurt Angle is in TNA now" thread...

This could be a perfect transition, if they can convince the other side to stay long enough:

For a final match for Sting in TNA, a Sting/Angle match.

A big-name match you'd NEVER see in WWE, but can see in TNA.

Meltzer was wrong?!?!?!?!

looks like HTQ is gonna have to find another religion. :(

Meltzer was wrong?!?!?!?!

looks like HTQ is gonna have to find another religion. :(

I just want to see him admit he was wrong. Imagine it...HTQ admitting he was wrong.

Forget it, there is a ZERO % chance that he'll admit he was wrong. ;)

Guest East.Coast.J

Meltzer never said it flat out wasn't Angle. He said on Wrestling Observer Live tonight that it probably wasn't Angle because he would have to forfeit the $500,000 WWE was planning on paying him through February. That's why I thought it was silly when HTQ tried to say flat out that it wasn't Brock Lesnar, because clearly if Dave Meltzer was even in the dark on this one, it could have been anyone.

The good thing about this is that Angle will be working such a limited schedule with TNA.

The bad news is, that he's probably at the point where even the limited schedule can't do much for him anymore.

So Vince signs Shannon Moore and Jeff Hardy while TNA gets Rhino, Dudleys (all three), Christian and Angle. I think TNA might have won this one.

I would have Angle/Joe vs Christian/Steiner at BFG.

Tomorrow's TV tapings are going to be great. I can't wait for Impact now. This might be the ratings boost they needed.

can the ratings go up dramatically with this? ANyone care to give it a guess?

I think if word gets around fast enough it can help out. People are going to be interested in seeing what is going on.

can the ratings go up dramatically with this? ANyone care to give it a guess?

Judging by the internet wrestling sites imploding, absolutely they're gonna go up signficantly.

Guest sarcy

Hopefully they will build his in ring debut there like a Jarrett and tease us.. Its way to fucking early for him to have another match.

Guest Princess Leena
I find it funny that everyone was like "TNA WOULD BE STUPID TO GET ANGLE!" and now that he is actually there, everyone is like "I'M SO GONNA WATCH TNA!"

So true.

It's sad how myopic the smarks are here about this...

From PWInsider:

A press release has been posted on www.kurtanglewwe.com, the official website of Kurt Angle, putting over both the move of TNA Impact to 9pm on Thursdays on SpikeTV starting in November, and the signing of Kurt Angle. The release also contains the following quote from Angle:

"Being with TNA feels like I found my home," Kurt Angle commented. "TNA will be the most watched show on cable TV - it's just a matter of time. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love."

and:

The 11/16 edition of TNA Impact will be a two hour show, with Impact returning to a one hour series after their debut on Thursdays at 9 PM.

With the announcement of Kurt Angle signing with TNA, it certainly appears all of his MMA aspirations that were voiced over the last week were a smokescreen to hide his signing with TNA. The video clips that were shown at the end of No Surrender were shot several days ago in Nashville, TN in a warehouse. Local wrestlers were hired to set up the ring and signed nondisclosure forms to prevent word from leaking out. The TNA staff was not informed of the announcement until about 15 minutes before it aired on the PPV.

The announcements caused TNA's website to crash several times, so they are currently listing simply a splash page with the announcement. Kurt Angle's website has been updated with an official announcement as well.

I find it funny that everyone was like "TNA WOULD BE STUPID TO GET ANGLE!" and now that he is actually there, everyone is like "I'M SO GONNA WATCH TNA!"

but they're not as good as the wagging finger of shame crowd that says how dare TNA sign him, it's too dangerous for him!

Anyone who's saying "shame on TNA".. What do you expect them to do? This is a HUGE opportunity for them! You want them to pass it by because of Angles health?

Angle's a grown man. He can make his own decisions. If he thinks he's healthy enough to wrestle, why would TNA argue with him?

It's not like they're forcing him.

Guest Princess Leena
"Being with TNA feels like I found my home," Kurt Angle commented. "TNA will be the most watched show on cable TV - it's just a matter of time. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love."

Yeah, way to take advantage of a very stubborn man, TNA.

I knew with the hype, even if TNA has hyped so much stuff in the past, would be something that would get people talking, and not in a bad way. I think the light schedule and great talent, it's a good thing for TNA. I'm very surprised and thrilled with the excitement.