TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO "Holy shit, Kurt Angle is in TNA now" thread...

By the sixth time or so I saw the picture posted I realized the thing looking like a period beside "ANGLE" was drool. Gross!

I don't blame TNA for this at all. Truth be told, it would be fucking stupid of them not to go through with it if Kurt Angle wanted it so bad himself. This is huge, this is "Monday night wars" huge. The wrestling world hasn't felt anything like this since Vince McMahon bought WCW and ECW.

If you want to call anyone stupid, place all of that blame on Kurt Angle. Sure, I think it's stupid of him to do this right now, but it's happened and so be it. I'm willing to go along for the ride, for better or for worse.

Guest Princess Leena
Anyone who's saying "shame on TNA".. What do you expect them to do? This is a HUGE opportunity for them! You want them to pass it by because of Angles health?

Angle's a grown man. He can make his own decisions. If he thinks he's healthy enough to wrestle, why would TNA argue with him?

It's not like they're forcing him.

Not sign him.

He's only available because WWE finally did the right thing and stopped Kurt from wrestling. A limited schedule won't change anything. WWE tried that already with the GM angle, and giving Kurt various breaks.

Sure, TNA can take the short term jump they'll get by signing Angle. TNA also deserves what comes their way when the eventual happens with Kurt.

I've always been an Angle mark. I'm happy to see him come over.

Angle vs. Joe

Angle vs. Daniels

Angle vs. Styles

Angle vs. Homicide

This is going to be fun!

I am now a TNA fan. I was going to give it another chance anyway when I heard Russo was going to be the writer, but holy crap. It's starting to feel like WWE might have actual competition one day.

I think some people are pissed about this because a wrestler actually swerved the internet cummunity. TNA and Angle did a great job!

Angle vs. Joe

Angle vs. Daniels

Angle vs. Styles

Angle vs. Homicide

This is going to be fun!

Don't forget Angle vs Sting. Who ever thought they could possibly see that?

Guest East.Coast.J

"Being with TNA feels like I found my home," Kurt Angle commented. "TNA will be the most watched show on cable TV - it's just a matter of time. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love."

Yeah, way to take advantage of a very stubborn man, TNA.

Nobody has a gun to Kurt Angle's head. WWE allowed him to risk paralysis for something as ultimately trivial as a Wrestlemania main event and then kicked him to the curb when they realized that they couldn't have the black eye of a monster that they had a hand in creating die or end up crippled on their watch. Don't kid yourself into thinking WWE was the good guy when it came to Kurt Angle. They knew what was going on for years and did nothing to stop it until a high profile death put then under the microscope.

UFC had likely planned to use the destruction of a broken down Angle to get over a new fighter as well.

TNA made a business decision to bring Kurt Angle in, and if he competes full time it will be probably for two matches per month. TNA isn't manipulating Angle or taking advantage of anyone. Angle is a grown adult capable of making his own decisions. In a perfect world TNA wouldn't given him a platform to potentially further damage his body, but accountability for the decision made ultimately lies with Angle and no one else.

Angle vs. Joe

Angle vs. Daniels

Angle vs. Styles

Angle vs. Homicide

This is going to be fun!

Don't forget Angle vs Sting. Who ever thought they could possibly see that?

I would buy that in a minute. Angle = ratings draw...TNA couldn't pass this up.

Angle vs. Joe

Angle vs. Daniels

Angle vs. Styles

Angle vs. Homicide

This is going to be fun!

Those four matches would be good...plus, like I said earlier, as Sting/Angle match if they can manage it before Sting's contract runs out.

Because I think a Sting/Angle match would be the closest thing we could have to a "Super Big Name" match in TNA right now.

From PWInsider:

TNA issued the following press release upon the conclusion of their No Surrender PPV:

TNA WRESTLING MAKES TWO MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signs Kurt Angle

iMPACT! Moves To 9 PM on Spike TV Starting Thursday, November 16

Nashville, TN, September 24, 2006 – Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling announced today that Olympic gold medalist and pro wrestling megastar Kurt Angle has signed exclusively with the company. It was also announced that TNA iMPACT! will move to 9:00 PM ET/PT Thursdays on Spike TV starting November 16.

“This has been a huge week in our company’s history,” said Dixie Carter, president of TNA Entertainment, LLC. “The signing of Kurt Angle and the move of iMPACT! to 9 PM are both significant benchmarks in the growth of TNA. The history of pro wrestling is marked with events that change the landscape of the industry and I believe that this week will be viewed in that context.”

Angle, a 2-time NCAA Division I champion and a 3-time NCAA Division I All-American, capped off his illustrious amateur career by winning a gold medal in freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Olympics, competing with two cracked vertebrae, two herniated disks and four pulled muscles.

On November 14, 1999, Angle made his on-screen debut with the World Wrestling Federation. Since then, this 5-time WWE World Champion has held every major championship belt in WWF/E. He was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2003.

“Kurt is considered the greatest wrestler in professional wrestling,” added Carter. “His in-ring ability is matched only by his leadership and attitude. We are thrilled Kurt is joining the TNA family and we look forward to a long, successful relationship.”

“Being with TNA feels like I found my home,” Kurt Angle commented. “TNA will be the most watched show on cable TV – it’s just a matter of time. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love.”

TNA also announced it will premiere in primetime on Spike TV starting Thursday, November 16, kicking-off with a two-hour extravaganza from 9:00 – 11:00 PM, ET/PT to celebrate the move. The following Thursday, TNA can be seen in its regularly scheduled timeslot (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), with encores continuing to telecast on Saturdays (11:00 PM – Midnight, ET/PT).

“We’ve been impressed by TNA’s growth and the acquisition of Kurt Angle today continues to show us that wrestling fans, as well as professional wrestlers, know that TNA is the place to be and now primetime on Spike TV is the place for them to be,” says Kevin Kay, General Manager of Spike TV.

After twenty telecasts in the Thursday 11 PM ET/PT time slot, TNA iMPACT! is averaging a 1.0 HH rating, with a 1.1 in M18-49, a 1.3 in M18-34 and an average audience of 1.1 million viewers. Compared to YAGO in that timeslot, TNA is up +137% in HH, +211% in M18-49, +244% in M18-34 and +157% in average audience. Among ad-supported cable channels in the time period (11:00 PM – Midnight, ET/PT), Spike ranks #1 in M18-49, #1 in M25-34, and #2 in M18-34. (All ratings reflect Most Current viewing levels)

The new wrestling alternative, TNA delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, athletic entertainment. TNA’s roster includes new, fresh talent like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and recognizable stars such as Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Team 3D, and others. TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the high-flying “X Division,” as well as concept matches such as “Ultimate X,” “King of the Mountain,” and “Six Sides of Steel.”

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, TN. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com

Spike TV is available in 90 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc.

Guest Princess Leena
Angle is a grown adult capable of making his own decisions.

The thing is, he's not.

He's content to slowly kill himself while wrestling.

If it was up to Kurt, he'd be working multiple matches per week in WWE currently.

Angle coming to TNA has potential, but they will screw this up royally (if Angle doesn't die that is).

TNA can't book characters to save their lives, and the matches pride themselves on being stunt shows, so Angle's gonna have to risk his health here and there. Plus, we all know that he'll just end up in a year-long fued with Jarrett over the NWA title. Sure, we'll get matches with him versus Sting, Joe, Styles, whoever, but they'll just be chapters in his fued with JJ, they'll be overbooked to all hell, and they won't get anywhere storywise.

All I'm saying is TNA could have Jesus sign on to wrestle for them, but the fact is that they've got their heads stuck up their asses when it comes to creating stories, characters, and compelling matches.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I just found this image that was posted on another wrestling forum. Seems like it may be real or very fake? If so, WWE.com must have done it for a quick second as their own teaser. :o

wwewp7.th.png

big deal. i was expecting someone who'll actually survive their length of contract. even vince is above enabling an addict. way to reinforce that business is mroe important than one's health. that said, i guess good for kurt. if angle doesn't care about himself, why should i? i hope he moonsaults people through tables, and gets supluxed off of a x shaped tightrope. i sure hope you people aren't "this is said" "poor kurt" when he dies or gets really hurt. he's done it all to himself.

"It's me, it's me, it's damn me!" - Kurt Angle in TNA

Actually, it was "It's real... it's damn real." That said, does WWE own the trademark to Angle's "It's True" or something?

Some reaction from a mIRC chatroom..

<Segmental> ANGLE TURNED ON WWE!

<JerichO> Segmental thanks

<twiztedmind> lol

<JerichO> we have only been talking about it for 10 minuetes

<tony> angle sucked anyways

<JerichO> yea angle does kindda suck

<tony> TripleH & Trish > *

<twiztedmind> Yeah, Angle's a terrible wrestler, you guys are right.

* twiztedmind wanders off

Angle coming to TNA has potential, but they will screw this up royally (if Angle doesn't die that is).

TNA can't book characters to save their lives, and the matches pride themselves on being stunt shows, so Angle's gonna have to risk his health here and there. Plus, we all know that he'll just end up in a year-long fued with Jarrett over the NWA title. Sure, we'll get matches with him versus Sting, Joe, Styles, whoever, but they'll just be chapters in his fued with JJ, they'll be overbooked to all hell, and they won't get anywhere storywise.

All I'm saying is TNA could have Jesus sign on to wrestle for them, but the fact is that they've got their heads stuck up their asses when it comes to creating stories, characters, and compelling matches.

That's why they hired RUSSO at the same time.

Guest Kobe24KGold
TNA is not getting a 2 hour show.

Just a 1 hour show from 9-10 PM every week Thursday Night, with the first of the Thursday shows being a 2-hour one.

I dunno if I like that. 1 hour is still bad.

If they get 1.2 ratings or higher with Angle aboard, Spike will give them an extra hour.

I say shame on TNA because they're letting Kurt Angle die or get crippled in the ring.

Just because he's willing to wrestle doesn't mean they have to let him wrestle

TNA is not getting a 2 hour show.

Just a 1 hour show from 9-10 PM every week Thursday Night, with the first of the Thursday shows being a 2-hour one.

I dunno if I like that. 1 hour is still bad.

Hopefully if the two hour one time deal with the Angle surprise gets great ratings and the subsequent shows do well, Spike will give TNA the two hours per week. It's all baby steps from Spike, which I'm fine with.

Guest OSIcon
Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love.

That's a pretty scary quote given the context.

It seems more than borderline obsessive to thank TNA for saving his LIFE in this circumstance. I mean, he was just let-go by the WWE because they feared for his safety but this quote seems to indicate that Angle feels his life is nothing without being able to wrestle. I don't know....knowing Angle's history, I probably wouldn't have included that quote in the press release if I was TNA.