TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO "Holy shit, Kurt Angle is in TNA now" thread...

Business is not ethical. The wrestling business is less ethical than regular business. It is ALWAYS about the bottom line.

Sad, but true. And if anything does happen to Kurt, TNA just have to wait for the next tragedy waiting to happen for WWE to fire, and we can start again.

A note from the Impact tapings about Kurt Angle's actual debut on TV:

Jeremy Borash announced that Kurt Angle would make his official TNA debut by appearing at the next taping. That means that Kurt Angle will show up on the 10/12/06 episode of Impact. I guess it could mean that he shows up on the 10/19/06 episode also since it says "next taping" and not the very next episode, as that's the show right before BFB. Either way, he'll be on TV before the PPV. I guess he'll be doing an interview or promo, something like that.

Why is nearly everyone having a fucking shitfit about Angle's health when the guy probably wont work a fucking match til middle of November? Almost three months to rehab and rest the bones helps alot and as I've said before, he isnt going to be working a crazy wild schedule anymore. Give it time - maybe the guy will be just fine down the road here. This talk about him being on his deathbed needs to be turned down a bit since he's currently not working at all and hasnt been for awhile. Ever think he's trying to rehab himself on his own?

Because Angle's body is so fucked that he shouldn't be wrestling....at all.

Three months of rehab won't do shit- he'll probably fuck up his neck going balls out in his first match.

WWE gave him a month off, he came back, had three injuries in the same match while still being doped up on painkillers.

By his own admission Kurt's neck is fucked to the point he needs surgery to fuse his vertebrae that would end his career, and that was YEARS ago. God only knows what condition it's in now, but when you're collapsing in the middle of airports from temporary bouts of PARALYSIS, i'm thinking it's well beyond the point that a few months rest and a light schedule is going to save him.

I think much of the added anger comes with TNA and their lack of a drug policy. Call the WWE's 'wellness policy' anything you want, but it has resulted in suspensions and people waking up about their addictions. Guys have been sent home, sent to rehabilitation, with the last resort being an outright release.

On the other end, TNA has no such policy and are using wrestlers out of the Monday Night War-era now with no limitations on anything they prescribe for pain. Look at a guy like Shane Douglas who survived, and it honestly seems that he was the only one who cared about Shane Douglas when he admitted himself into rehab. Hardy and Raven were beyond fucked up, too.

I think Raven was cleaned up before or cleaned up during his TNA run, right now he's dealing with the after effects of it

The simple fact of the matter is that as long is secure a living where ever he wants to be employeed. TNA has the responsibility of having a set standard of rules in which all employees should adhere by. If they want drug addicts running around then that reflects there buisness.

People trying to blame TNA for this is just stupid. People are responsible for there own lives. The argument follows the same line that blames the murder weapon instead of the murderer.

Why was there no argument when Jeff Hardy went to TNA. He refused rehab and everyone could care less if he did drugs as long as he could hit his highspots.

TNA cannot make Angle work. Only Kurt can do that. Period.

Guest East.Coast.J

If it helps you sleep at night to take Kurt Angle up as a cause and to say things like "All of YOU PEOPLE want Angle to cripple himself entertaining you", you're really missing the forest for the trees. The problems facing the wrestling industry supercede Kurt Angle's neurotic self-destruction by such an incredible margin that it's remarkable.

If Kurt Angle wants to kill himself, let him. Why not save the energy worrying about someone who actually cares about themself. I don't think fans can do a thing about Kurt Angle if his own family couldn't even get through to him. The voice of the internet has reached the levels where it can conceivably put the pressure on wrestling to either unionize or provide basic benefits and pension plans to wrestlers, and require athletes get cleared to compete like other sports so that a Kurt Angle can't be stepping into the ring with a destroyed neck or Bryan Danielson with a mangled shoulder. That would probably be a lot more constructive for wrestling and wrestlers in the long run than becoming overcome with anger over Kurt Angle wrestling with serious injuries a handful of times in 2007.

People trying to blame TNA for this is just stupid. People are responsible for there own lives. The argument follows the same line that blames the murder weapon instead of the murderer.

Why was there no argument when Jeff Hardy went to TNA. He refused rehab and everyone could care less if he did drugs as long as he could hit his highspots.

TNA cannot make Angle work. Only Kurt can do that. Period.

I agree with all of that, and about the part in bold - It's because there is an obvious double standard. When it comes to a worker's well being, most fans only care for those that they are fans of.

When it comes to stuff like this, Kurt Angle putting himself in possible danger, it's a thin line. The part of me who actually cares for the worker's and their well being would like to scream to Kurt to please get help first, and the fan in me is excited about all of the great matches that I could be in store for. I know that I can't do shit about Angle going through with it, so the fan in me takes over, and says fuck it. If he wants to make the personal decision to work matches, then so be it, I don't have a say. I'm just going to sit back, enjoy the work that he's able to provide to the fan in me, and all the while I'll hope to God that nothing goes wrong.

If he's going to go through with it, I might as well enjoy it, and if something goes wrong, then it'll be on him. I don't even think he cares. He just wants to work, and work, and work. It's his personality, and he's willing to take the bad with the good. He's always been that way as far as I can tell, and always will be.

He is a grown man capable of making his own decisions. I don't believe any of that 'an addict can't make rational decisions' bullshit.

So wait, all the drugs he takes doesn't have an effect on his decision making?

Oh, and from reading about Kurt's family history and current state of health... seems like he's on borrowed time. He has more than likely come to terms with that, as with that heart problem that runs in his family... he probably never thought he'd live for long. He already had a history of high blood pressure before taking all the drugs and such. He's pushed himself this far, so why not keep going. Sure, his 3 year old daughter can see how much pain he's in, but hey it's his choice. I'm sure he'd rather die on his way to a wrestling show or right after one... than at home, just delaying something that's right around the corner. I just hope I don't have to see endless signatures of how "Heaven needed an Olympic Hero!" from the same people who couldn't wait for those dream matches, where his body could go numb again, and he could seriously hurt someone.

I just hope I don't have to see endless signatures of how "Heaven needed an Olympic Hero!" from the same people who couldn't wait for those dream matches, where his body could go numb again, and he could seriously hurt someone.

They'll be too busy complaining about not being able to see Angle destroy his body even more in dream matches that didn't get to happen.

Guest East.Coast.J
So wait, all the drugs he takes doesn't have an effect on his decision making?

Kurt Angle had a doctor with him at the 1996 Olympics shoving a needle into his neck and injecting him with painkillers because in the Olympic trials five months prior he had fractured two vertebrae and herniate two discs . He was informed that he could die if he didn't bow out, and he wrestled anyway. I can't imagine that in 1996 Angle was so messed up on drugs that it effected his decision making.

The guy is hardwired to put competition above anything else in the world. Any decision that he makes is likely going to be because he is Kurt Angle, not because he is hopped up on Somas.

I think much of the added anger comes with TNA and their lack of a drug policy. Call the WWE's 'wellness policy' anything you want, but it has resulted in suspensions and people waking up about their addictions. Guys have been sent home, sent to rehabilitation, with the last resort being an outright release.

And yet both known drug abusers, who've both been outright released for those very reasons, Jeff Hardy and Marty Jannetty have both been given (yet) another chance and another contract with WWE since it came into force. And Scorpio, although he's not on the same level as the two mentioned.

Nobody is really in the right here.

Would you be making the same posts if Angle had reappeared at Survivor Series? Or is it that all the WWE marks are so pissed off and angry cos they've been 'fooled' by Angle and TNA? Heaven forbid that the WWE has some form of competition in a years time and has to actually put on a good show.

Guest Princess Leena
Would you be making the same posts if Angle had reappeared at Survivor Series? Or is it that all the WWE marks are so pissed off and angry cos they've been 'fooled' by Angle and TNA? Heaven forbid that the WWE has some form of competition in a years time and has to actually put on a good show.

I know. Don't people realize Kurt's elaborate plan? Those injuries that started before TNA even existed, and the effects of them which we've visably seen on TV for years, and not going to rehab for his problems, and leaving free WWE money on the table... ANGLE SWERVED US! ANGLE SWERVED US ALL ALONG! Kurt's had that desire to feud with Jeff Jarrett for soooo long, and now he can live his dreams.

I know. Don't people realize Kurt's elaborate plan? Those injuries that started before TNA even existed, and the effects of them which we've visably seen on TV for years, and not going to rehab for his problems, and leaving free WWE money on the table... ANGLE SWERVED US! ANGLE SWERVED US ALL ALONG! Kurt's had that desire to feud with Jeff Jarrett for soooo long, and now he can live his dreams.

I'm guessing by your sarcastic comment and avoiding the question, that no you woudn't be so up yourselves if Angle had made a surprise appearance on WWE TV.

Guest East.Coast.J

I'm guessing by your sarcastic comment and avoiding the question, that no you woudn't be so up yourselves if Angle had made a surprise appearance on WWE TV.

Your argument is just so out of left field and errant that I think most people just assumed you were crazy. If there even are herds of WWE marks left on the internet, they must be doing a pretty good job of hiding because most people you see discussing WWE these days are very low on the company currently. I would love to see you find any quote of anybody ever who hopes that WWE never has competition. You're just way off on this one. People are up in arms because the hot thing to be morally outraged about right now is Kurt Angle's health, not that TNA swerved them and didn't bow down to WWE.

Some reaction from a mIRC chatroom..

<Segmental> ANGLE TURNED ON WWE!

<JerichO> Segmental thanks

<twiztedmind> lol

<JerichO> we have only been talking about it for 10 minuetes

<tony> angle sucked anyways

<JerichO> yea angle does kindda suck

<tony> TripleH & Trish > *

<twiztedmind> Yeah, Angle's a terrible wrestler, you guys are right.

* twiztedmind wanders off

The Kool-Aid drinking WWE fans are spoon-feeding this all over the Net right now. And it will be interesting to see how Vince handles this down the road and how Angle is written about in the history of his company in the future. Notice how Sting gets zero run on anything when it comes to WWE history...Angle was a HUGE part of the company for the last few years. How does Vince spin this.

Angle's signing reminds me of Hogan's signing with WCW in '94. Yes, both were past their primes when they jumped ship but Hogan's signing was a huge thing for Turner at the time and Angle's signing, if done and booked right, will put TNA on the map. Only Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho would have been the only other wrestlers that might have given this the buzz that Angle's signing has.

As for the injuries...if Angle thinks he can wrestle and he wants to do this...I put no blame on Dixie Carter or TNA. It's his choice, his legacy.

I have enjoyed TNA...this will definitely get things going...although they still need a 2-hour slot.

Guest East.Coast.J

Sting has been acknowledged on WWE television. They have used him prominantly a couple of times in the "This Week in Wrestling History" thing, and both Shelton Benjamin and John Cena's jumping corner splashes have at one point been referred to as Stinger Splashes on air.

I think the main reason Sting is never acknowledged on WWE television is because there is almost no practical reference point to bring Sting up on WWE television in 2006. It's not like they are just going to be like "And now we're going to talk about Sting!".

WWE clearly didn't care enough about TNA a few months ago to show footage of him winning the WCW title on I believe the 4th of July Raw.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

You know, I'd say that Kurt can make his own decisions and TNA can't be held responsible if Kurt doesn't care about his own well-being. But the man has a family to think about. He's got a wife, a three year old daughter and a son on the way. I'm sure he's made enough to semi-retire comfortably, and be there for his family. Sure, Angle is the one who wants to wrestle, but TNA are giving him the opportunity. If anything happens to him, it's on their heads.

From TNAWrestling.com.....

A MESSAGE FROM TNA PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER TO THE FANS REGARDING THE SIGNING OF KURT ANGLE

First, let me say to our talent and our staff, congratulations on our move to primetime. Each of you have worked so hard for this and deserve all the great things that will come with the move. To our fans, none of us would be here without you. Your belief in our product has made all of this possible, and from all of us, thank you. This is just the beginning.

I hope the hype of our announcements last night lived up to or exceeded your expectations. In this industry, it is very hard to keep anything quiet. We are thrilled to have Kurt Angle join our team. Just like with all of our wrestlers, Kurt’s family and health will always come first. I’m sure you will be hearing from him in the coming weeks.

I asked Kurt’s agent to provide me with a quote for our announcement release. Most times a publicist, manager or agent will prepare a statement for the talent. But after a long film shoot in Nashville last week that ended at midnight, Kurt sat down and hand wrote his heartfelt comments on a hotel note pad. Instead of just pulling a small part from that to use in the press release, I thought his fans would love to share in his full emotions from that night:

“Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise – not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time – but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do – real wrestling – and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.” – Kurt Angle

You know, I'd say that Kurt can make his own decisions and TNA can't be held responsible if Kurt doesn't care about his own well-being. But the man has a family to think about. He's got a wife, a three year old daughter and a son on the way. I'm sure he's made enough to semi-retire comfortably, and be there for his family. Sure, Angle is the one who wants to wrestle, but TNA are giving him the opportunity. If anything happens to him, it's on their heads.

The guy is probably only going to work PPV matches. Isn't that already pretty much semi-retirement from wrestling? Nevermind the fact that the guy is still seeking out MMA work. Who's head is that on?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
"What is the over/under on how long Kurt Angle stays in TNA? I think the world of Kurt and hope he gets totally healthy much sooner than later. Perhaps being a part of TNA will work for Kurt as it relates to travel and in ring demands. I do think this genre is much better suited for Angle than mixed martial arts, UFC, etc. I wish Kurt well on his new opportunity and that is true, damn true."

"What is the over/under on how long Kurt Angle stays in TNA? I think the world of Kurt and hope he gets totally healthy much sooner than later. Perhaps being a part of TNA will work for Kurt as it relates to travel and in ring demands. I do think this genre is much better suited for Angle than mixed martial arts, UFC, etc. I wish Kurt well on his new opportunity and that is true, damn true."

Jim Ross shoots? and mentions TNA in a positive light? um . . . huh?? Where'd you get this?

Guest Jimmy Jack

So... How long before the "Self-Destruction of Kurt Angle" DVD is distributed? I'm especially looking forward to good ol' JR and gang engage in character assasination and bury the man before he wrestles a single match for TNA.

Maybe Edge, and Cena will twitch and make funny faces as Batista and Lashley rag on Kurt for steroid use.

Seriously, shit just might get a bit flaky before long.

For fucks sakes people, THE GUY IS GOING TO BE WORKING 3 DATES MAX A MONTH. That gives him PLENTY OF TIME (27 fucking days a month)to spend time with his family and rehabilitate himself. This shit is getting old.

And for what its worth in this weeks Observer, there is a note that he actually is going to a doctor regularly who deals in pain management so just because he's not in a fucking rehab clinic 24/7, I guess it means he HAS to be on his deathbed. Give the guy some slack, I'm sure he doesnt like being in pain all the time so while he is sitting and not working, don't you think he is actually doing something about it? You all are acting like he's just sitting around in pain constantly, doped up all the time, has no semblance of reality, and will literally die during a match, and everyone is just going to sit and let it happen. My god people, give TNA some slack - if they see an issue with him and his OMG 3 DATES A MONTH it just might be possible they might help the guy or let him go.