TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

Impact Spoilers For The Next Two Weeks

Guest Connzilla

Credit- http://www.wrestleview.com/

The following took place on Monday evening in Orlando, FL:

TNA iMPACT! Tapings for September 28:

- Lance Hoyt defeated Jeff Jarrett via DQ. The DQ took place when Jarrett hung Hoyt with a leather strap and the referee called for the bell. Jarrett got on the mic and said he wanted his NWA World Title back or Samoa Joe would be left in a pool of his own blood.

- Samoa Joe (with the NWA World Title) defeated Raven. Joe got the win with a choke after Brother Runt interfered. After the match, Runt got in Joe's face and slapped him. Joe and Runt brawled. Raven got involved and Abyss hit the ring. Abyss went after Joe. Raven went after Abyss, but Runt attacked him. Jim Cornette then came out and followed Joe up the ramp. Joe still had the NWA World Title with him.

- Team 3D defeated Vaughn Doring & an unknown wrestler. After the match, Brother Ray got on the mic and said they left TNA to refocus on getting the NWA World Tag Team Titles. He pointed out that TNA management asked them when they wanted their tag title shot. Ray said they wanted to earn the shot the old way by fighting their way to the top of the division.

- Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal defeated X Division Champion Senshi & The Paparazzi. As with the No Surrender PPV, the Orlando fans were against the Jackass antics of Sabin, Dutt and Lethal starting a "No More Jackass" chant. During the match, Christian Cage was at the announcing table and Rhino came out. Rhino was held back by security. He finally broke free and attacked Cage.

- Jim Cornette came out to make some official TNA announcements. A podium was setup in the six-sided ring along with several chairs. Cornette announced two legends were in the building tonight, Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell. He added the two were with Sting while he has been training for his match against Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Title at Bound For Glory. Cornette predicted that would be the night Jarrett loses the title. He then mentioned the latest addition to TNA's roster...Kurt Angle. Cornette announced that Kurt Angle would be the special ringside enforcer during Jarrett vs. Sting at Bound For Glory. Jeff Jarrett then came out and said he wanted his title back. Cornette spoke on behalf of Samoa Joe who told Cornette that if Jeff wanted his belt back, he would have to come get him. Jarrett then brawled with Luger and Bagwell. Samoa Joe hit the ring and he brawled with Jarrett. Joe still kept the title to end the segment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA iMPACT! Tapings for October 5:

- Team 3D defeated Kazarian & Bentley. During the match, Shane Douglas & The Naturals were at the announcing table. Also, America's Most Wanted (with Gail Kim) and The James Gang came out from each respetive ramp during the match as well. After the match, Brother Ray got on the mic and mentioned they didn't have opponents for Bound For Glory, so he issued an open challenge and promised they would become the NWA World Tag Team Champions. When 3D left, Ray got into Shane Douglas's face at the announcing table.

- Abyss and James Mitchell came out to the Impact Zone. Mitchell got on the mic and told Samoa Joe that a deal was made with the devil to get the NWA World Title back and warned Joe that he can come to the ring and deliver the title or Abyss would come and get it. Samoa Joe then came out with the NWA World Title, put it down in the ring and slapped Abyss. Joe and Abyss brawled. Abyss then gave Joe a chokeslam on the belt. Jeff Jarrett came out to get his title back, but he instead faced off with Abyss. Abyss and Joe then attacked Jarrett. The segment finished with Joe hitting Jarrett and keeping the title. Joe also hit Abyss with a powerslam.

- LAX defeated Jeff Watson & Tyler Back. After the match, Konnan said they were going to get back the NWA World Tag Team Titles and said they were sabotaged by being put in an Ultimate X Match. He announced that LAX would get their rematch against AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels for the NWA World Tag Team Titles at Bound For Glory in a Six Sides of Steel Cage Match.

- Shark Boy defeated Eric Young in a Loser Gets Fired from TNA Match. The finish saw Larry Zbyszko come out. Young took off his fake hair. Zbyszko then punched Young, allowing Shark Boy to roll-up Young. The fans were disappointed and chanted "Bring Back Eric" as he left.

- NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett & Christian Cage defeated Ron "The Truth" Killings & Christopher Daniels. During the match, LAX attacked Daniels and Jarrett pinned Daniels. After the match, Jarrett got on the mic and said the game was over. He said he wanted Samoa Joe to give him back his title belt. Joe came out and both brawled. Christian grabbed Jarrett and hit the Unprettier. Cage held up the NWA World Title. Rhino then hit the ring and gave Cage a Gore. Joe then grabbed the title and left as Cage and Rhino brawled to the back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA Xplosion Tapings:

- A1 defeated Lance Hoyt.

- Sonjay Dutt defeated Petey Williams.

TNA Notes from TV Taping:

- Jeremy Borash announced that Kurt Angle would be making his TNA debut at the next set of TV tapings on October 9.

- A Bound For Glory press conferece was filmed before the doors were opened to the fans in Orlando, FL at Universal Studios.

- Vince Russo was spotted watching the show like he did at the No Surrender PPV on Sunday.

I'm probably just nitpicking, but I would have saved the Raven vs Joe matchup for a possible defense for Joe once he wins the belt. Raven still hasn't tied up his rematch clause for the title yet has he?

From what it says in the spoilers it seems like a good couple of weeks with some really god build up to BFG. I like the whole Joe stole the title storyline. Seems like Russo is doing a pretty good job so far. It should be interesting where everything goes from here.

From what it says in the spoilers it seems like a good couple of weeks with some really god build up to BFG. I like the whole Joe stole the title storyline. Seems like Russo is doing a pretty good job so far. It should be interesting where everything goes from here.

It looks like they have set themselves up to put Joe in the title match or have him face Abyss, which I guess would be third from the top (behind JJ/Sting and Christian/Rhino). I'd rather see the main become a three-way, but I think I could dig a Joe/Abyss match.

I'm thinking Monster's Ball 3: Samoa Joe vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Brother Runt

But yeah, I like the tapings, but the lack of AJ is confusing. Isn't AJ Styles, like, Russo's boy or something?

Its starting to look like they are going with Joe vs Jarrett for the title and not Joe vs Sting.

Like I said earlier, I think there's a strong chance we might see a three-way. While I'd prefer just a one-on-one build to Joe winning the title, TNA could use this to set themselves for next year's BFG. If they were to do the three-way, I'd have Joe pin Jarrett and then have Sting go for the respect deal, and have Joe choke him out (to keep him firmly established as a loner). Then, do the staredown with Angle, who's at ringside for all of this, but doesn't help Sting out. They can then spend the next year keeping Joe and Angle completely separate, both running through people and only occasionally crossing paths or referencing each other, and then at BFGIII, you have the irresistable force vs the immovable object as your main draw. That's how I'd do it anyway...

They have to be careful though, IMO. The should not put Joe in the match if they aren't going to pull the switch, or else they'll run the risk of Monty-ing him and having him appear to be unable to win the big one.

Yeah, I hope these Joe-centric episodes lead to something big.

Maybe at the next set of tapings have an official match, Joe vs. Abyss, where if Joe wins he fights for the title at BFG. He could even win through interference if they want to continue the Runt/Raven/Abyss stuff.

But yeah, I like the tapings, but the lack of AJ is confusing. Isn't AJ Styles, like, Russo's boy or something?

I'm thinking they might do a deal where it's supposed to be AJ/Daniels v. Jarrett/Christian but LAX jumps Styles backstage and Killings comes out to team with Daniels as a substitute. There is probably a bunch of backstage stuff that they didn't show the live audience at the taping.

Yeah, I hope these Joe-centric episodes lead to something big.

Maybe at the next set of tapings have an official match, Joe vs. Abyss, where if Joe wins he fights for the title at BFG. He could even win through interference if they want to continue the Runt/Raven/Abyss stuff.

Joe vs. Abyss could be a PPV Main Event... seriously, why blow it on free TV?

I say keep Sting/JJ as the main and run Joe/Abyss at BFG. Abyss provides a good test for Joe, and he can eek out a win while Sting beats Jarrett for the title. At Genesis, Sting can defend against Abyss while Joe takes out Jarrett one more time (hopefully in a loser leaves match). Then we get Joe/Sting, where Joe wins the title. Angle can keep himself busy with Christian, Abyss, and other guys till he earns his shot.

Keep Angle away from Joe until the summer, where they can fued up till the next BFG where Angle can win the title from Joe.

Its starting to look like they are going with Joe vs Jarrett for the title and not Joe vs Sting.

Like I said earlier, I think there's a strong chance we might see a three-way. While I'd prefer just a one-on-one build to Joe winning the title, TNA could use this to set themselves for next year's BFG. If they were to do the three-way, I'd have Joe pin Jarrett and then have Sting go for the respect deal, and have Joe choke him out (to keep him firmly established as a loner). Then, do the staredown with Angle, who's at ringside for all of this, but doesn't help Sting out. They can then spend the next year keeping Joe and Angle completely separate, both running through people and only occasionally crossing paths or referencing each other, and then at BFGIII, you have the irresistable force vs the immovable object as your main draw. That's how I'd do it anyway...

They have to be careful though, IMO. The should not put Joe in the match if they aren't going to pull the switch, or else they'll run the risk of Monty-ing him and having him appear to be unable to win the big one.

I would personally love to see them stretch the feud out until next year. Then it would have more meaning. There is one problem though, people who book wrestling shows want to get the quick hit and want the big buyrate. They don't like to stretch out feuds anymore.

The talk earlier in the thread about how Raven still hasn't claimed his title rematch, brings up one good point. Hasn't Abyss amassed about 4 or 5 title shots through various matches that he has yet to claim?

I'm thinking Monster's Ball 3: Samoa Joe vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Brother Runt

I would like to say that I called it right here.

The Book is back. And now you’ve all been put on notice.

I can’t remember the last time I posted here. It seems that wrestling has gone down hill since then.

I don’t know how long this stay will last, but I will definitely be posting a lot less than I used to.

Now listen up monkeys because I am going to give you all a kick up the backside and stir up some controversy.

What the hell are you smoking around here? The ME at B4G is JJJ vs. Sting, Title vs. Career, with Angle as Special Ringside Enforcer. JJJ is putting his title on the line, Sting is putting his career on line, and what does Joe have to throw into the pot, apart from come make my day and end my streak? Joe aint gonna be added. Get over it. And don't say something stupid likes possesion's nine 10ths of the law, because it would be the same old, same old, angry wrestler muscling his way into something (Benoit vs. HHH vs. the 3rd wheel HBK anybody?) a bit too early.

I think its great that Joe has taken the NWA Title and dropped himself in a pile of kaka by involving himself in other people's business. Hes now going to ride over everybody. Can’t you see that? Hes gonna put an end to something that he didn't start in Raven/Runt/Abyss, then hes gonna put his nose into JJJ vs. Sting (which will most probably stop Angle from calling it down the middle, despite leaning towards Sting, and inadvertently costing Sting his TNA career).

And you know whats going to make it even hotter, Angle wont be able to hold up the Title before the match cause Joe will still be holding on to it. Cornette will speak to him at the top of the show and say its been fun Joe, but I need the title back. And Joe says all you have to do is take it. Joe and Cornette will then have a shout out. Then mid way through the show, Angle knocks on his door after Joe's won the Monster's Ball saying that he likes what hes done to JJJ this past month, but he needs the title back. Rinse, dry, repeat.

And when the dust has settled, Joe has cost Sting his career, JJJ is still your NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, Joe has pissed off Cornette, Angle et al . . . but hes still holding on to the Title.

Next night he starts the show off with a monster promo staying that he may not be the NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, but hes the one who is holding on to the gold and has done so by sheer brutality, strength and violence for the past month. So JJJ, you can have the gold back . . . but your gonna have to come and get it. JJJ comes out irate, saying that hes ruined everything, tonight was about the 'celebration' of JJJ's end of Sting. JJJ's had enough of playing games, so at Genesis (roughly meaning creation of something new) hes gonna give Joe what he wants. And then he closes with lets see if you can last the distance when it really matters. Joe starts to laugh, calls JJJ back and says, oh I can last the distance alright but if I need to prove it to you again, I will and thats why its gonna be a 60 man Iron Man Match (which brings back recollections of his series with CMP).

Joe is officially and convincingly crowned as the NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World at Genesis by beating JJJ something like 4-0.

The talk earlier in the thread about how Raven still hasn't claimed his title rematch, brings up one good point. Hasn't Abyss amassed about 4 or 5 title shots through various matches that he has yet to claim?

Next night, Cornette flaps his gums saying this changes nothing between himself and Joe. And now hes gonna teach Joe a lesson in tough love, being that its easy to capture the gold once, but how long can you hold on to it whilst I do my damndest to break you down. And then he reads off a list of challengers:

- Christian Cage wants and will get his rematch.

- Abyss has a legit claim to a title shot.

- Raven wants and will get his rematch.

- Steiner has unfinished beef with you.

- Rhino has unfinished beef with you.

- After 5 months of pure pain, can you handle the Truth that you just can't cut it anymore?

- After 6 months, are you still the Alpha Male of this company?

- 7 months, ready to beg forgiveness from the Real Mr. TNA?

- 8 months, still feeling Phenomenal?

- 9 months, I will finally give JJJ his rematch.

- 10 months, Sting wants revenge and is coming back for 1 very final last match.

- Hell, Angle wants a piece of you too.

- Which brings us back to B4G. When A Star will be born and take your place.

365 DAYS LATER . . .

Samoa Joe is still your NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Cornette tells him you’ve got Senshi, Homicide, etc . . . and then he brings in a manster like Bill F'in Goldberg.

Thats a year and half worth of TV.

Booking is an art, the art of getting from point A to Z and filling in pot holes along the way.

- Shark Boy defeated Eric Young in a Loser Gets Fired from TNA Match. The finish saw Larry Zbyszko come out. Young took off his fake hair. Zbyszko then punched Young, allowing Shark Boy to roll-up Young. The fans were disappointed and chanted "Bring Back Eric" as he left.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So does Eric Young come back as the masked wrestler Lava Boy?

Why in the fuck should TNA bother with ANOTHER Jarrett/Joe match? The one at the last ppv wasnt very good IMO and Jarrett can't sustain any legit heat. That's not the money match that puts Joe over the top and solidify him as a champion - give the belt to Sting and build to Joe/Sting two months later and we're talking money there.

Plus Sting losing to Jarrett again is redundancy in it's worse way - Sting will be around until the end of the year AT LEAST and having him lose a career match now....well....you do the math

A evil Shark Boy vs. Young feud can be great if Kevin Sullivan and WCW braintrust was in charge. Too bad Russo and Mantel would not do this feud justice.

Why in the fuck should TNA bother with ANOTHER Jarrett/Joe match? The one at the last ppv wasnt very good IMO and Jarrett can't sustain any legit heat. That's not the money match that puts Joe over the top and solidify him as a champion - give the belt to Sting and build to Joe/Sting two months later and we're talking money there.

Plus Sting losing to Jarrett again is redundancy in it's worse way - Sting will be around until the end of the year AT LEAST and having him lose a career match now....well....you do the math

Because I think they have a better back story than Sting Vs. Joe. And how would the ending be if Sting is to go over JJJ? Whats another month of JJJ being NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World?

I think you mean AT MOST there because otherwise your arguement is redundant.

Im a HUGE shark boy mark, but i dont want to see him the be the reason young gets fired.

Because I think they have a better back story than Sting Vs. Joe. And how would the ending be if Sting is to go over JJJ? Whats another month of JJJ being NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World?

I think you mean AT MOST there because otherwise your arguement is redundant.

Even if he's gone at the end of the year, it still makes no sense to have him lose a career match to Jarrett and have him sit those last two months of that contract. I'm not a Sting mark in the least, but what kind of way to end his TNA run is that?! If his contract ended end of Oct, that would be one thing but its not. AT MOST, or AT LEAST, it doesnt matter - its still as equally ridiculous to have Sting do a job to Jarrett in a career match. He wont be gone til January at the earliest, and there seems to be a strong possibility of a resigning to boot. Plus you are just begging for Jarrett/Sting feud to continue if Sting does the job here - meaning if he "returns" after losing a career match down the road, you know its just back to Jarrett/Sting again. This feud needs to end NOW, STAT.

Sting going over Jarrett could be done just cleanly. Is that such a bad thing?

Sting-Joe is something fresh and it actually has a decent backstory, Joe/Jarrett already has shown its a shitter of a matchup in the ring (even though Jarrett did the job, Joe looked like shit in there against him) so there is that issue. Plus if they are paying Sting this crazy $$$, why not give him the belt for a transitional run to put over someone for the belt versus a stale Jarrett that doesnt mean shit if someone beats him?

Bottom line, Joe beating Sting versus Joe beating Jarrett AGAIN for the belt is much more of a draw, for one, and generally more interesting to me.