TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - September/28th/2006.

Steiner did not take off with Nash...his deal ran out (it wasn't for many dates)

But, since he proved himself to TNA in his last run, they're setting up a new deal and Steiner should be back by BFG.

The Book brings the content:

EDIT: I must have botched up one of the quotes (or is it because of over quotting?), so I put them all in italics so as to somehow facilitate reading.

They should have split Joe and Abyss off into a singles match.

But the idea of Runt and Joe squaring off intrigues me.

Raven is just dead weight at this point.

If he was removed the match becomes 76% more fun right off the bat.

Eventually they should, but only when Joe is the NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World. Nothing ingenious about the unstoppable force Vs. the immovable object but the Monster Abyss needs building up to Monster level again. When Joe beats JJJ, and JJJ isn't allowed his rematch, they could played on the weak and uneasy alliance between himself and the Monster Aybss. This was already hinted at by sending out the Monster Abyss to take the Title back and Joe could then use this in his promo on the basis that he failed in his role as a hired hand then and will do so again.

Joe's stuck his nose in something that wasnt his business because he loves riding rough shod over the competition. Thats why hes been added and is, in relative terms when compared to his oppenents, out of his element a bit in a four way Monster's Ball match.

Raven's just come back and this is hist 1st programme. He just needs a little motivation. The Monster Abysss is dragging water too at this stage. And technically has a rematch for the NWA Title. He can still put a good story together unlike no other.

Even though Runt is in the match, they should make Monster's Ball a number 1 contender match. It would at least have meaning to it.

No, it shouldn't. Joe went to them, they didn't come to him. Joe is at a much higher level when compared to the other three. Raven and the Monster Abyss need elevating and this is as close as Runt will come to the NWA Title, i.e. being in the ring with your future NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

I love Runt.

It's like Joe somehow wondered into the land of the misfit toys.

Vide above. He wondered into it by his own choosing and its a case of outside the greenhouse pissing inwards.

Bubba looks like he has spent the last two months eating bacon.

TNA did some number on Samoa Joe. He isn't even over anymore it seems, and he was blowing the roof off the place like six weeks ago.

Is this true? Can somebody other than ECJ confirm this please.

Oh I hope he returns as Surfer Sting. Cause that would be the greatest thing ever.

Something struck during his promo on last Thursday's iMPACT. What is with the green face paint?

You know, if Buff learned how to wrestle again and didn't have an ego, I'm not so sure I'd be against him coming to TNA.

Forget that, yes I would.

He blows chunks.

Damn, Luger looks really bad.

I was like OMG, how pathetic does he look. Get out of the ring Grandpa. He blows even bigger chunks.

Eric has a huge forehead.

Loved that he finally told off JJ.

They have developed Eric's character extremely well. And poor Devine and Shelley, just left in the cold since Nash bolted without taking a loss.

And here comes Mr Caving in a Chest Cavity.

They have. How are they going to screw it up though, thats the question?

Poor Devine and Shelley. I don't see the harm in elevating them to NWA Tag Team Titles level. Its not as if there are any other fresh teams in the division.

The TNA crowd just seems completely deflated tonight, and at the pay-per-view as well. It seems like they are starting to lose hope in the company or something.

Again, is this true? Can somebody other than ECJ confirm this please. From watching parts of the show, thats not the impression that I got. No Surrender seem to be a decent put together and well delivered PPV. On par with an above average Unforgiven.

I don't think I would call Bagwell a Legand. That might be going a bit too far.

Its going very, very too far. He blows chunks.

They should have split Joe and Abyss off into a singles match.

Samoa Joe .VS. Abyss, in a singles match is planned for the Genesis PPV on November 12th.

Dammit. Thats just plain stupid. What a waste of a ME.

Well...that makes sense to me.

Sting will win the title at BFG and has Christian to deal with first.

It doesn't, cause Sting has to go and go now. In a Title Vs. Career Match, has a Face who is putting his Career on the line ever lost. JJJ retaining for 1 last month can be exploited better from a business standpoint. Anyways, even if he does leave, a loophole for him to return for a short run could be created say in 6-9 months time down the line.

Just because I know how Russo books and because I know how Jarrett wants to be booked, I will make the following prediction for BFG:

Angle will turn heel right off the bat and help Jarrett retain the title.

There will be more than on person involved in the overbooked ending you are forgetting about Luger, Buffy, Eric Young, Cornette, Larry Zybrisco, Slick Johnson, Borash, Steiner(s).

Firstly, wouldn't be a shot out of the blue and doesn't have a shelf life.

Secondly, whats the point of having a Special Ringside Enforcer who can't control that from spiralling out of control. Again, no where to go with apart from another Fans Revenge Match. ^o).

^ You are forgetting the mindset of the booker is to get characters over and what happens in the ring doesn't matter cause championship belts are nothing but mere props to get said characters over. Which would mean that more than one person will turn on Sting so that JJ can suckoff as much heat as possible.

^ You are forgetting the mindset of the booker is to get characters over and what happens in the ring doesn't matter cause championship belts are nothing but mere props to get said characters over. Which would mean that more than one person will turn on Sting so that JJ can suckoff as much heat as possible.

All Im saying is that they have done it to death and there is very limited potential as to where they can take an overbooked finish.

They will do it every Impact taping and PPV until the company goes bankrupt, remember this is no longer pro-wrestling but TOTAL NONSTOP character development.

East.Coast.J

TNA did some number on Samoa Joe. He isn't even over anymore it seems, and he was blowing the roof off the place like six weeks ago.

Joe has been cooled off so much over the last few months. They were going nuts for him as late as June, for the match with Steiner, but since then he's turned into just another wrestler giving the main event a visit to do something with Jarrett. He's no longer special or different, and that's taken the edge off him.

East.Coast.J

The TNA crowd just seems completely deflated tonight, and at the pay-per-view as well. It seems like they are starting to lose hope in the company or something.

Again, is this true? Can somebody other than ECJ confirm this please. From watching parts of the show, thats not the impression that I got. No Surrender seem to be a decent put together and well delivered PPV. On par with an above average Unforgiven.

The crowd TOTALLY REJECTED the Jackass stuff at TV and the PPV, and especially with the Sen Shi/Sabin match it helped kill off what had been a well recieved match. It might not affect the other stuff, but with such a complete rejection, and outright hatred, of a strongly pushed angle, it's possible the fans are disgusted enough that they've come to believe the future of TNA holds more of the same nonsensical bullshit. NS was a show where as good as the matches were, at least in some aspects, the booking totally sucked.

Disappointing rating I thought it would of gone 1.0+ for sure this week. Not good at all there was high antispation for Kurt Angle to show his new mouth piece and Joe/Raven could of been a decent match but got overbooked which caused people to change the channel and the whole press converence with Lex Luger and Buf F'N Bagwell making people think OH SHIT ITS WCW ALL OVER AGAIN MUST CHANGE CHANNEL! So it looks like the core audience is 0.7 and it most likely will never go over that number because all the new fans wanting to see Angle, Dudleys, Christian and the rest of the WWE ex-patriots are now realizing that with the current direction of Impact is a downward spiral of TOTAL NONSTOP run-ins and pop culture madness.

I dunno what the hell most of you are talking about. Impact was pretty good.

They put the focus exactly where it should be. Sting/Jarrett, Jarrett/Joe, Monsters Ball, NWA Tag titles and Christian/Rhino.

Plus, they ended the show on a good cliffhanger. Ratings are built off successive television, not one great show. I think some of you need to get off the "No great matches?! HORRIBLE IMPACT!" ride. The show was strong in storyline development which is what wrestling is.

East.Coast.J

Joe has been cooled off so much over the last few months. They were going nuts for him as late as June, for the match with Steiner, but since then he's turned into just another wrestler giving the main event a visit to do something with Jarrett. He's no longer special or different, and that's taken the edge off him.

East.Coast.J

The crowd TOTALLY REJECTED the Jackass stuff at TV and the PPV, and especially with the Sen Shi/Sabin match it helped kill off what had been a well recieved match. It might not affect the other stuff, but with such a complete rejection, and outright hatred, of a strongly pushed angle, it's possible the fans are disgusted enough that they've come to believe the future of TNA holds more of the same nonsensical bullshit. NS was a show where as good as the matches were, at least in some aspects, the booking totally sucked.

I think that with a well booked angle (and firstly, they have booked him well in the past, and secondly, Russo is a Joe mark) he could easily regain his heat.

So the stupid Jackass stuff made the show self-destruct until UX and the Kurt Angle announcement? Damn, and they are still running this kaka.

I dunno what the hell most of you are talking about. Impact was pretty good.

They put the focus exactly where it should be. Sting/Jarrett, Jarrett/Joe, Monsters Ball, NWA Tag titles and Christian/Rhino.

Plus, they ended the show on a good cliffhanger. Ratings are built off successive television, not one great show. I think some of you need to get off the "No great matches?! HORRIBLE IMPACT!" ride. The show was strong in storyline development which is what wrestling is.

THERE WAS NO WRESTLING on this episode of Impact. It was a movie tie in that the audience shat on, a press converence without Sting, Raven getting jobbed out in less than 2 minutes, and Jeff Jarrett re-enacting the tried and true Mid-South beatdown brawl and bitchfest. And then Christian decided that the X Division sucked so bad that he just had to go to the announcer booth to rant how he hates Rhino and the daredevil dumbasses in the ring don't deserve any shine at all. If strong storyline development means only focusing on heavyweights and ignoring the rest of the cast then I think this production needs a change at the executive producer position and fire the director while we're at it.

I think usually the first taping after a ppv has very little meaningful wrestling as theyre trying to establish new storylines.

But this show had bad finishes which I will expect to happen every week now.

And very little wrestling.

But the one criticism recently was if you're only gonna have an hour it's better to have 2 meaningful matches in the whole hour than the tna forumla of 2 average ones and 2 squashes.

When's the last time Raven won a match?

Is it just me or are the only wrestlers who are on every show are Jarrett and Dutt?