TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

We Have Us An Iron Man

My thing is why would you care at all? I could understand if they got 50 Cent to play the part of Fury. I would be pissed too. I don't understand bitching when a GOOD actor gets a part because of his race.

I even understand if you are complaining because the race of the character has something to do with the character, say if you were to do Cloak and Dagger and wanted a black actress to play Dagger or a black Captain America, or a white storm or black panther. But geez, they bitch about everything.

Oh, I agree. I don't know what white actor would've been a better being the Kingpin. I think Michael Clarke Duncan worked for that role. I just thought it was funny, as if these people were complaining because they are comic fans, as a comic fan in passing, I've heard that about Ultimate Fury being based on Sam. The IMDB boards are a place I like to go when I need to feel better about myself.

I think Jack Lord was the closest of all the actors to potray Felix Leiter. The whole changing the actor of Felix in every Bond film was an annoying as fuck running gag. I hated that.

The Lord was great. Too bad he was such a dick.

I would love to see a Cloak and Dagger movie. The problem is that only comic fans would go to see it, because the interracial connotations would scare or piss of a lot of people.

That trailer was perfect. They don;t need to do any more than that and give away the movie. Just based off of that trailer I can see at least one or two sequels, since Iron Man had a ton of enemies (and good ones too). I wonder if the relationship between Stark and Rhodes is going to be explored?

Jeff Bridges is The Iron Monger.

The Lord was great. Too bad he was such a dick.

Yeah, I was bummed his selfish actions cost him the chance to reprise his role in Goldfinger.

Aw man. Jon Favreau is directing it??!?!??!?! Fucking awesome.

"I don't want to see this on your MySpace page. Please, no gang signs. No, throw it up. I'm kidding." That line alone makes me want to see this movie.

Why? Cause Robert Downey Jr. is the motherfucking man. Just like Jon Favreau.

I was just checking on IMDB, and they have Downey Jr. listed as playing Stark in The Incredible Hulk, as well. Anybody hear anything about an Iron Man cameo in that movie?

I was just checking on IMDB, and they have Downey Jr. listed as playing Stark in The Incredible Hulk, as well. Anybody hear anything about an Iron Man cameo in that movie?

Yeah, I heard the same thing. I think they're sowing the seeds of a possible Avengers movie down the line.

Mostly positive reviews from what I've read so far, with 89% fresh at rottentomatoes.com. I'm catching a sneak preview tomorrow night and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. This has the potential to be right up there with Spider-Man 2 and X2.

I'll be catching it on Sunday with my daughter.

From what I understand on Downey Jr. being in Hulk, the producers are taking the stance that if they're going to do a crossover type deal, they're going to have the original actors or not do it at all. Take THAT Justice League!

Mostly positive reviews from what I've read so far, with 89% fresh at rottentomatoes.com. I'm catching a sneak preview tomorrow night and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. This has the potential to be right up there with Spider-Man 2 and X2.

Nice. I can't see it till Thursday night.

- Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard's father, composer Ramin Djawadi and Stan Winston are among the film's crew who are fans of Iron Man. Downey himself is such a big fan of Iron Man he swears to make 15 films if possible about him. Jeff Bridges and Faran Tahir have also read some of the comics.

:headbang:

I love the fact that one of my favorite actors is just as much of a comic geek as I am.

That's what I heard. Strangely, it's not in the Iron man novelization though.

Well- it must happen after the novelization (I've read it, too), if you figure the end of the book is the same as the end of the movie.

It may be in the Incredible Hulk novelization, however

the Iron Man book said nothing about Nick Fury at all, but rumors persist that Sam JAckson has a cameo. So they may leave it out as a suprise.

Just came back from the movies and I can't recommend this enough. Fantastic first outing from Marvel's movie division and I think anyone who doubted on John Favreau's abilities is in for a nice surprise. Pretty much everything was spot on, being a comic book fan myself and a die-hard Iron Man fan as well, as the movie borrows from several past stories.

I'd have to say the weakest acting might've come from Terrence Howard, but then again he wasn't given that much to work with. Downey is excellent, Bridges is terrific also, and Paltrow delivers. And I'm happy to report that Black Sabbath does rock in the movie and with the perfect introduction.

Another great thing is that the movie (or rather Downey) is very funny, but not in a forced way at all.

Sadly, no Nick Fury appearence, but SHIELD is mentioned several times.

As I hoped before, I rank this one right up there with Spider-Man 2 and X2 without question. Go see it, I know I'll do repeat viewings myself. You won't be disappointed.

I read in an interview with Howard that, in order to get DOD backing, the Rhodes character had to be a squeaky-clean soldier. He mentioned that, if there was a sequel, they would do it without the DOD so he could get more into the character.