TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ripper

NBA 2K7

I got NBA 2K7 the other day for the 360 and I have to say, I love this game. Probably the best basketball game I have ever played.

Of course, in all liklihood the college game will be better, but for now, its amazing.

What I like:

DEFENSE: The computer PLAYS D. They freakin double, rotate in ways that make sense, close out on shooters, don't give up easy layups without fouling. They play D. Real D. Its the greatest thing in a basketball game ever.

Signature shots: So, I figured I would have one or two signature shots for the big name stars on the game and all, but then I played it, and these fuckers put like every guys shot in the NBA in there. Well, not everyones, but from Barbosas wierd two had release to SHawn Marions...THING he calls a jumper, they are all in there, all with different release points to make it a perfect release. Some people will find this difficult seeing as you can't just release the ball at a certain point and it automatically is a perfect shot for everyone, but this makes it so realistic.

The same thing is for free throws which I KNOW alot of people aren't going to like, but hey, thats the way it is. It is difficult to shoot freethrows with shaq...damn near impossible. It is really easy to shoot them with Nash. Thats real.

The Animations- They are dead on and perfect. Makes you think you are watching a real game.

What I don't like:

The Menus are beyond retarded. It is too difficult to navigate around.

The faces. These wierd alien creatures have taken over the heads of most of the NBA players. They still have their bodies that look really realistic, but their faces are thes mangled things that don't resemble humans. From playing distance the game is beautiful. From replay distance, the faces look...well...bad.

The Animations can be a negative and a postitve. The animations have screwed up the fast break sometimes where your player instead of going in stride will have to slow down for the simple pass.

Over all great game.

I figure it will look better once I have a HD tv(next week hopefully) but for now, this is THE game to get for the 360 when it comes to hoops.

Damn, I might have to get 360. I got NBA 2K7 for PS2, and its like NBA 2K6 with minor changes and an updated roster. PS2 only has like 20 or so signature shots, something i've been waiting for a basketball game to include for a while though. The music is also better than in the past. I like that David Lee is actually left handed this year too. The ingame substitutions, sorta like CH2K6 is also neat. The multiple camera angles keeps you on your feet. They added a few moves to isomotion, and a few new passes too. For some reason Morrison's hair is shorter during the game, and long during replays and cut scenes. Randy Foye is also nice in the game, and the ratings are interesting this year (team ratings). Everyone is lower so at first it looks funny. Still a good game, but not too much different than NBA 2K6 (PS2 version).

Yeah, I picked up the X-box version the day of release. I've only played one game so far. As always, pretty close to last year with a few improvements. Only thing I was disappointed on was a minor, nit-picky thing. I was playing as the Suns and when having Diaw and Banks in at the same time, both are wearing jersey number 3. Banks did wear 3 last year and they probably moved him right before the game went in final stages, I was just disappointed they didn't at least make-up a number. So, tiny, not too major thing, otherwise, I love it.

I rented 2K7 and this game is great. The only problem I have is when the computer automaticly subs in guys for me and calls timeouts. Is there anyway to turn this off?

I rented 2K7 and this game is great. The only problem I have is when the computer automaticly subs in guys for me and calls timeouts. Is there anyway to turn this off?

For what system do you have it for? For PS2, it would be using the diagnol pad, left or right, I don't remember which, and you can do it while you're playing (making timeouts and substitutions manual).

Guest Princess Leena

Just have the XBox version of 2K7. It's very similar to last year. I'm much more interested in the college version, hope it turns out well.

For what system do you have it for? For PS2, it would be using the diagnol pad, left or right, I don't remember which, and you can do it while you're playing (making timeouts and substitutions manual).

Yeah, I figured it out. Thanks though.

Guest NYankees

NBA Live 07 is getting horrible reviews. Lets be thankful that EA didn't get the exclusive rights to basketball games.

So its really no contest at all, then? 2K7 is THAT much better than Live? I'm getting a 360 this week coming, and I've always been an EA fan, so I was just going to get the whole range, one by one (NBA Live, Madden, Tiger Woods and FIFA)

I started an association. Andre Iguodala wears #24 which is is college number. Nobody on my team is #9(his nba number). FUCKIN A. I don't need to play this on xbox live because I can go play against a realistic defense anytime I pick up the controller.

So its really no contest at all, then? 2K7 is THAT much better than Live? I'm getting a 360 this week coming, and I've always been an EA fan, so I was just going to get the whole range, one by one (NBA Live, Madden, Tiger Woods and FIFA)

Every review, its no contest. Maybe a patch or something will come out for the Live 360 version, but otherwise, even on ESPN(who has a licsence with EA for the Live game) the reviews where not even close.

Okay, so I got Live 2007, because 2K7 comes out in a week and I'm impatient to play ball. I must say, I'm not all that impressed. When I first started playing the game a friend commented to me that it was just a touch slower than it should be, but that problem corrected itself, so I'm not sure what was up there.

No throwback unis? Say WHAT? Come on, that was one of my favourite parts of the NBA LIVE series.

The practice one-on-one at the menu screen is a cool touch, I'm not sure if that was on 06, because the last LIVE game I had was 05.

I haven't played the Dynasty mode in full yet, but I hope to today. The hiring of staff, etc, is okay, but I'm more interested in difficulty of trades, and this whole team chemistry thing.

Overall, a 'meh' so far, cool but not as good as it could have been. Hopefully my opinion has changed by the end of the day, and I can justify the $108.

Played 2K7 and watched two guys play Live 07 at my school's rec room. The one big thing I caught on to was the choppiness of the dunk animations in Live 07: so awkward and distracting. The overall presentation seems so much better on 2K7. Actually having to use ball rotation against the CPU to get open shots is something I can appreciate.

I did a Fantasy Draft with the Celtics and I doing pretty well. I have:

PG: TJ Ford

SG: Ben Gordon

SF: Lebron

PF: David West

C: Ben Wallace

Reserves:

Earl Watson

Udonis Haslem

Charlie Bell

Ryan Gomes

This is the first year that I have played a real season instead of a fantasy draft. My Hawks are 16-1. Once I figured out the post game, this game is pretty easy. Just post up big guards and have a ball. Then the computer starts to double. Then it gets really fun.

Guest Princess Leena

College Hoops 2K7 on XBox is a fucking ripoff, even at $20. It's a stripped down version of 2K6. I hear the 360 version is much better, though.

Yeah, I just rented it and was playing around with it for a bit. I started a Career mode with UConn and changed all of the names to the real ones, which took a little bit of time. So far I like NBA2K7 better because the game moves a lot faster, which is true with NBA in real life. But I'm sure I'll get a hang of it.

Who's playing online on the 360?

I like this game a lot, but- coming from a 2K vet since the Dreamcast original- it seems a lot harder than previous games, even on Pro. No matter what, games are always close, and the final scores usually turn up a lot lower, as in the 40's for both teams.

This is so fucking frustrating.

I think the game is a ton of fun and is the best basketball game out there. However, it seems that the computer always cheaply comes back in the 4th quarter of every damn game. It doesn't matter who I'm playing or what the score is... they always come back and tie it up and/or win. This is on pro difficulty, too... And I know it's not my skill level because I have played the series since the first game on Dreamcast and have been able to win the majority of my games on All-Star. What gives? I love the game but this is seriously hampering my enjoyment.

I haven't played the CPU in 360, but in PS2 HoF mode is pretty easy. I've played the 360 over my friends, and it is a bit tougher to control. It seems like the players are tougher to get around the court, and almost everyone has a different shot. It's also more difficult to get steals so you can't make those comebacks as easily as you could in the PS2 version.

I am completely destroying teams with the Hawks on my franchise now. ONce I got the total feel for the game and realised what a incredibel weapoin the hopstep then pass move is (you can't just finish at the rim like at the lower levels on HOF, so when you get pass your man and hop step, it forces the D to rotate and wide open men to pass off to.)

I love this game. Now only if they would update the freakin roster accurately.

I haven't been able to get a guard to post up yet.

So I finished my first attempt in the Association with the Utah Jazz. With a regular season record of 52-30, Jerry Sloan wins the COTY. For the playoffs, I go 4-1 against Seattle in the first round and sweep Houston in the second round. I have an advantage of 3-1 in the WCF against the Suns and procede to lose the next three games. I get fired as GM. :(

I haven't been able to get a guard to post up yet.

So I finished my first attempt in the Association with the Utah Jazz. With a regular season record of 52-30, Jerry Sloan wins the COTY. For the playoffs, I go 4-1 against Seattle in the first round and sweep Houston in the second round. I have an advantage of 3-1 in the WCF against the Suns and procede to lose the next three games. I get fired as GM. :(

So you got fired for greatly overachieving (based on last year's stats anyway). Crazy.

I think its a big impovement. Plus if you have live and play the game it downloads a update that really makes the game better somehow. I am not exactly sure how, but playing it feels different and much improved. The pick and roll works better, the ally-oop isn't over the top.

I can tell that the fatige is more realistic now and something about the traveling animation changed.

And I freakin lost to the Clippers, which is a change of pace.

I don't understand why you guys can't post guards either. Most of my offense is posting joe johnson up.