TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The NHL Thread - October

Was the Kesler hit actually shown on camera? I was watching the game, and it happened in the corner without a clear camera angle.

His stumbling faceplant after was pretty funny though. Reminded me of

Sens are 0-3 at ScotiaBank Place this year after the 1-0 loss to Calgary. They've only scored 9 goals on the year, nearly half of which came in one game. I really don't know why they're having such trouble putting the puck in the net -- their forwards are just about unchanged from last season.

LA's defense corps is either shitty, or one of the best in the league on any given night. Last night, they were very shitty.

I noticed, and that's fucking sad. The Heim's attendance isn't too much better, and that's for a Cup favorite!

Guest Felonies!
This is hard to say, but it may be time to move the Blackhawks.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=7173

Attendance

All the talk about moving the Penguins, those damn southern teams being bad for the NHL and so forth and so on can't be really valid anymore when an Original 6 team can only draw 8000 fans to a game.

Fuck Bill Wirtz with a habanero dildo. Seriously, the Blackhawks used to own Chicago in the winter months once upon a time, and now they've been reduced to a joke because of Wirtz's tightfistedness and Pulford's shitty management of the team. This is getting out of hand. Put the home games on television, try to mend fences with the fans that have been alienated, and make hockey in Chicago matter again. It's heartbreaking.

LA's defense corps is either shitty, or one of the best in the league on any given night. Last night, they were very shitty.

How's Brent Sopel doing there? In Vancouver, he was such a strange player...make a brilliant play one shift, then the stupidest thing possible on the next. Is he still like that?

No, Sopel's been pretty good. Making the right reads offensively and defensively.

Cloutier's been decent, and almost every goal scored against him in the past few days has been because he's been left out to dry. Thought you might be wondering about him.

This is hard to say, but it may be time to move the Blackhawks.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=7173

Attendance

All the talk about moving the Penguins, those damn southern teams being bad for the NHL and so forth and so on can't be really valid anymore when an Original 6 team can only draw 8000 fans to a game.

Fuck Bill Wirtz with a habanero dildo. Seriously, the Blackhawks used to own Chicago in the winter months once upon a time, and now they've been reduced to a joke because of Wirtz's tightfistedness and Pulford's shitty management of the team. This is getting out of hand. Put the home games on television, try to mend fences with the fans that have been alienated, and make hockey in Chicago matter again. It's heartbreaking.

Yeah, moving the team won't mean jack shit as long as Wirtz is still the owner. It's gotten well past the point where the league should step in and force a sale. If there were no Jeffrey Loria, Wirtz would be the worst owner in sports.

Guest Felonies!

He's still worse than Loria. Wirtz has been doing it longer, and you can watch Marlins games on TV.

While Loria is bad, Wirtz has completely dismantled the fanbase of a team that was founded in 1926. The Marlins were added to the league in 1993, as Wirtz was doing what he's done. I know that Loria has done this to two franchises now and is someone who many of us wish would fall down an elevator shaft into a pile of cow shit, but what Wirtz has done to a once proud franchise that has had some of the greatest players in the history of the league wearing the indian head is downright sickening.

Guest Felonies!

8000 people showed up to see the team that Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull played for. Sad stuff.

8000 people showed up to see the team that Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull played for. Sad stuff.

Bobby Orr can say he wore the Indian, too, which is often forgotten. There's so much history and marketing presence in Chitown it's unreal. They've got three or four bonafide NHL stars, and a lot of players that could sell seats from a marquis standpoint. What a fucking shame.

BY NO MEANS is this a defence of Bill Wirtz, but how much of Chicago's downfall can honestly be blamed on him? I mean, Toronto has had shitty owners who cared about money and little else, but they've never had trouble bringing fans in.

Yeah, I realise the markets are much different, but...

Wirtz goes out of his way to, shall I say, anti-promote his team. No one in Chicago can see the Hawks when they're at home. The Leafs were on national TV every Saturday night even during their lowest period.

Guest Felonies!

This may be a reach, I don't think it's been the same since they moved from the Chicago Stadium to the United Center. Never had the same atmosphere.

Hawks lead the Blues 2-1 after one period. Yeah-uh. I'm listening to the Hawks on the radio, where Pat Foley is no longer broadcasting, because Bill Wirtz didn't think he was necessary. He now broadcasts TV and radio for the AHL Wolves out in Rosemont. Their home games are televised.

That's Cassie Campbell, Bob. She's taking Harry Neale's place because Harry can't leave Buffalo (where he lives) due to weather problems or something.

Yes, the announcing is terrible tonight.

That's Cassie Campbell, Bob. She's taking Harry Neale's place because Harry can't leave Buffalo (where he lives) due to weather problems or something.

Heh...yeah, I'd say two feet of snow is a weather problem or something.

Guest Felonies!

Buffalo already got two feet of snow? I figured they had another week before that happened.

Sundin reaches 500 goals for his career, by scoring a hat trick and winning the game in overtime, while shorthanded. That was freakin' awesome!