TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Dexter

Only 5 more days. I'll be in Vegas, so I won't see the premiere until I get home, but I'm still excited for the new season. Last year, Dexter was far and away the best show on TV IMO.

Really good episode tonight, so much great stuff.

-Jealous Rita

-Doakes and Dexter, BFF

-Deb being the #1 thorn in Dexter's side Re: him being caught

The only thing I don't really care about is the stuff with the Lieutenant and La Guerta, but at least they didn't go the obvious way with that one.

I think Doakes finally wised up. Nowhere near BFF, just backing off. He knows Dexter is smart and covers his ass, so he is going to back off for awhile.

I LOVED last Sunday's episode because of how it painted a blueprint of all of the major character dynamics for this season.

I hope they don't follow book 2 with season 2 like they did book 1 and season 1. While I wouldn't mind seeing

Sgt Doakes get chopped up into a few pieces.

I just hate knowing how it's going to end

I'm up to the 10th episode of this season at my job.

I didn't bother watching last season, and boy did I

realize the error of my ways. Truly one of the best

shows on TV IMO.

And how is that? Leaks?

I hope they don't follow book 2 with season 2 like they did book 1 and season 1. While I wouldn't mind seeing

I read that the tv show is going in a completely different direction than the books. This is great, since the books are terrible and the show is infinitely better.

Only started watching Dexter this week, but I love it. The rest of the cast each get enough time in the first seven ep's (which I'm up to) to really give them something, Doakes being one of my favourite's. Even the child actor's do a good job.

Sergeant Doakes: Fuck you.

Dexter Morgan: Okay. Uh, is there something I can - ?

Sergeant Doakes: Yeah, you can get me your fucking analysis on the blood spatter on these killings! You think I'm here to invite you to my nephew's briss?

Dexter Morgan: I didn't know you were Jewish!

Sergeant Doakes: Shut the fuck up and write your report already.

I read that the tv show is going in a completely different direction than the books. This is great, since the books are terrible and the show is infinitely better.

The books aren't that bad, the show is just so much better. And they seem like they're sticking to some of the books.

They replaced the kid that plays Cody. Maybe they wanted a better actor if they go with the storyline that he's a killer in waiting as well. Doakes did start the season tailing Dexter non stop, like in book 2. This is the second time they've made it a point to mention Doakes special ops work, which was a big part about book 2.

Damn my desire to stick to one medium! (I will not read the spoilers, I will not read the spoilers...), but seriously these first 5 episodes have been great.

The books aren't that bad, the show is just so much better. And they seem like they're sticking to some of the books.

They replaced the kid that plays Cody. Maybe they wanted a better actor if they go with the storyline that he's a killer in waiting as well. Doakes did start the season tailing Dexter non stop, like in book 2. This is the second time they've made it a point to mention Doakes special ops work, which was a big part about book 2.

It seems to me that they might use some aspects of the books (like Doakes tailing Dex in ep 1), but they've clearly gone in a far different direction.

Hopefully the stuff with Cody being a killer in training doesn't happen. That was the lamest twist. He may as well make Rita and Masuoka killers are well. I am interested in where they go with the Doakes special ops stuff...I'm pretty sure it won't end with Dr Danco carving up Doakes into a torso, but it might go somewhere interesting. I have some faith in the tv writers.

Wow what an episode tonight. While I liked the last two episodes, I was a little underwhelmed. Tonight things picked up big time. Be interesting to see how it does or doesn't play out from here.

I just discovered this section, and am glad that I did. Out of all the people I have talked to about the show, none seem to watch it. I think this is the best show on TV right now. Season 1 was better then season 2, mainly because rudy/brian was my favorite character. However this season was a bit different with the characters. I used to like rita, but for some reason over the summer she seemed to develope this different attitude also her voice has seemed to change. I have never liked Debra much as she has always been really annoying. Not to mention she broke up the reunion between dex and brian. I think my favorite episode of season 2 so far is the latest one that came out this weekend on ROD. Where he tells the corse to stay put. and gets interogated by driscol. I like how in this season they added a bit of humor, whereas in the first season there wasn't much. However the season now seems to be picking up whereas from like the 3rd-6th ep's nothing really seemed to be happening. I hope to read the books soon. Has anyone read them yet? Also does anyone know the order in which the books occur?

Guest Vincent Vega

According to the previews for next week's episode, Doakes gets the slides analyzed,and Dexter is caught.

it never fails to amaze me how dexter gets away with everything he does. it would be bitter sweet to see doakes at dexters mercy. dexter explaining everything to him before killing him what make for entertaining tv. they've really backed themselves into a corner as i dont see how doakes makes it past season 2 but one of the best things about this show are the scenes between dexter and doakes. i best describe them as intensely hilarious.

Really great episode with the suspense really steamrolling now. While I think Doakes' number is up this season one way or the other, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up supporting Dexter once he finds out what he really is in a surprise twist. Remember, Doakes hasn't had a problem killing criminals that escape the law himself earlier in the series.

I'd hate to see that happen to Doakes. But I'm not seeing any other option. Will be very interesting to see how the romance between Deb and Lundy picks up as well. I don't know if Dexter will be able to get free of this. Lundy seems to have his number.

I know it was last week's episode, but Dexter's "I own you" *HEADBUTT* to Doakes was just great. Liked this week's episode a lot as well.

While the whole show is great, I am just waiting for Dexter and Doakes eventual two men enter, one leaves situation

Something I've been wondering is could the show go on if Dexter was to get caught and go to prison. Or if they did kill of Doakes, would it hurt the dynamics of the show. I think one of the best parts is their relationship.

I could see them doing a Silence of the Lambs type of thing with Dexter being used to help on a case from behind bars...or even have it involve Dexter's trial. He goes on trial, obviously would be a big spectacle, would be alot of people rallying to set him free because he kills bad guys. While all that's going on new killings start..<shrug> just some stuff I was kicking around.

I don't see Dexter getting caught and put away. They can always have new people find out about him and either get close to taking him down or hurting people he cares about...I dunno. I have no idea where the show would go if Dex got busted

My guess is that Dexter may end up doing the deed to Doakes and then Lundy and crew end up pinning it on Doakes. As of now they have narrowed the search down to a member of Miami Metro PD.

Lundy knows it is Dexter, but cleans it up by putting it on Doakes and we have another "suicide" to end the season.

Lundy should have some inkling it's Dexter. Specifically, the line about the killer having OCD while watching Dexter in the train car, and the fact that he knows Dex has a boat at one of the bad marinas.

The Deb/Lundy fling will have to play into whatever happens. Maybe Lundy realizes how important Dex is to Deb, and thus let's Dex off the hook somehow. Then again, the Lundy/Deb relationship could just be a ploy by Lundy to get more info on Dex. Not like that hasn't happened before, right?

After tonight's episode I'm leaning toward them catching Dexter in the season finale. I hope not, but I don't know. My favorable outcome is Lila gets pinned for the murders, or Dexter and Doakes work something out. But it's not looking that way.