TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Dexter

That was really a crazy episode. When it ended, I thought that next week had to be the season finale because so much happened, it seems like they have to finish up the season. I have no idea how they get in another 3 episodes at this pace.

Well it looks like if Doake's goes he's going out in style. Same can be said for Dexter.

These episodes just keep building and building like a good wrestling match. Next episode looks like it's going to be a killer. Not so sure how it's going to end after seeing the previews.

Maybe I need to go back and watch that episode from last season again, but I thought the first person Dexter killed was that nurse after Harry was already dying.

Yeah, the nurse was first, that was almost a year before Harry died, he got better once she was dead. But the pimp was days before Harry killed himself, guess it's different when you see it up close

Can't we just pin them on Lila and get her the F outta here?

Do you think they go for definitive ending for season 2 or leave us with a cliffhanger?

That's what I was hoping for with Lila, and I guess it's a possibility judging by the previews where she finds the cabin if she gets her finger prints on enough things. I read in an interview where Michael C. Hall says we saw Dexter as the calm and collected Dexter in season one, the wild Dexter this season, and by the end of Season 2 he's changed into something new again.

I mean I really think Doakes and Dexter both stick around, but I'm leaning toward Dexter getting caught and going on the run with maybe Doakes tracking him down.

I always hoped that the end of the second season would turn Dexter "heel", pardon the wrestling term. He was so conflicted after killing his brother and if Doakes was not a "bad person", Dexter would have to kill him out of necessity. After a selfish cure he becomes a true monster.

I told my GF about halfway through "There's something about Harry" that they could have Dexter and Doakes in the cabin the last two episodes and it would be riveting TV. Great chemistry.

same here, I'd rather watch them now, and then rewatch them when they come out.

Even though I've watched them already, I don't think we should talk about them in here, even with spoiler tags. Don't want anything getting out by accident.

All that I have to say about those last two episodes after finding them via google is wow. I was going to post the links, but I've already been beat to it. Good stuff, I'll definitely be tuning in to see each of them a second time.

Anybody think they show too much on the previews? I think they do it to create some red herrings, but still they could have done less is more.

Once again, I will have to wait until Monday, but it looks like my gripe with the end of Season 1 could surface again in this year's finale.

He deserves the nomination. Probably deserves to win it actually.

His competition isn't all that tough:

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Drama

Michael C. Hall – Dexter (SHOWTIME)

Jon Hamm – Mad Men (AMC)

Hugh Laurie – House (FOX)

Bill Paxton – Big Love (HBO)

Jonathan Rhys Meyers – The Tudors (SHOWTIME)

I think he has a really good chance.

Hugh Laurie is usually a favorite. Critics love Mad Men. This season of Big Love was a little weak. I'm just wrapping up season one of the Tudors, good show, but I don't see Meyers winning.

Here's to hoping