TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Dexter

You cannot watch it on CBS, they kill off too much of the show.

Solid opener. I kinda saw the bit at the end coming a mile away. I like the idea of Dex thinking about becoming a father and would his child be born into the same things he feels

You cannot watch it on CBS, they kill off too much of the show.

Solid opener. I kinda saw the bit at the end coming a mile away. I like the idea of Dex thinking about becoming a father and would his child be born into the same things he feels

I figured that, but I can't ever find good quality episodes online. CBS was the closest thing I could get to watching the show, and hell, if CBS hooked me, I can't imagine what it would be like to watch it on Showtime.

Or buy the DVD's. Probably cost you 50-60 bucks if you look hard enough on the Internet. Easily worth the investment. Hell if you have cable, its worth spending 40 bucks or so to watch it during the season.

I did. And I don't even get Showtime. Come on, people.

Interesting way they're going with this. At first it seemed a bit derivative of last season, but it seems like they're taking it in new directions. And Jimmy Smits is the fucking man, yo.

"Whore. Cunt. Hey you."

"Yeah?"

I like the twist so far, and I'm hoping Prado tries to get Dexter to become his own little personal hitman for those that squeeze by the system. Basically justifying Dexter's actions.

I told my girl, that the over/under on Prados killed by Dexter is 1.5. You know he will have to kill the Sheriff Prado because he is an asshole, or Jimmy Smits because he knows that Dexter kills.

Most likely Dexter would find out details of Miguel's past to justify it. It'll be interesting if Miguel becomes something of a father figure for Dexter given Dexter's new stance on Harry.

Unless Prado is the guy killing people & cutting off pieces of their skin. Maybe he knows what kind of stuff the dead brother was in to, and is covering up by killing everyone that could spill the beans.

My lord I hope that's not the case...that would be awful

This needs a serious bump. Its almost dinner time so I cannot go too in-depth here.

I thought the first three episodes were solid A's. This weeks was more of a B, but seems like a placeholder episode setting up some shit hitting the fan next week.

love this show,

the way he used the crazy woman's speech to propose was one of those moments when you realize that you aren't necessarily supposed to like this guy.

Jimmy Smits continues to bring teh awesome, and the stuff with Bautista

was heart breaking, and I can see him getting with that vice cop down the road.

Also, the thing with Quinn and the CI and Deb

just smacks of rehashing the same storyline with her over and over, she always falls into these traps, and Dexter always comes to the rescue.

Great season so far

Dexter Renewed for Two More Seasons

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

October 21, 2008

Showtime has renewed its top-rated drama series "Dexter" for two more seasons, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The premium cable network has ordered 12 episodes each for Seasons 4 and 5, with the fourth season set to go into production in the spring in Los Angeles.

"Dexter" stars Michael C. Hall as a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer.

John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Clyde Phillips and Charles H. Eglee serve as executive producers for Season 3. Michael C. Hall, Scott Buck and Melissa Rosenberg are co-executive producers.

awesome awesome. I'm glad Showtime has this, they're TV has surpassed HBO these last couple years.

I can't make myself care for the Deb storyline. It's pretty much been the same thing since episode 1. Little asian girls "Hey, tell us about Quinn." And Deb just goes "I'm not a rat." Don't care for it now, don't care how it ends.

Don't know what to think about Dexter's new friendship. Seems to take up a ton of the show now, I understand that it's going to get in the way of Dexter's hunting, I just hope the payoff is good

I like the "Dexter's new BFF" angle. Different from what they've done so far on the show. I'm just glad that they've come along since that awful soap opera crap from the first season and are now doing something much more unique and interesting.

And yeah, the Deb storyline is insanely repetitive. Why hasn't she told anyone else that IA is nosing around? Even if she didn't mention it to the suspect himself, you'd think she would've told someone, Deb's not exactly great at keeping her mouth shut.

holy shit...

this just got more interesting

I told my GF "I can't believe this is happening right now", as it was happening!

Certainly made up for last week.

You saw that coming at the end when Prado was telling Dex about the guy on the boat. He kept bringing it up.

Very interested into seeing where they go as a tag team from here on out. And if it's going to come to light that Dexter's been doing this a long damn while

This show continues to amaze, as it keeps getting better IMO.

I could possibly see a problem in the future if Prado finds out Dexter killed Oscar. I hope they don't go that route, but who knows.

Also, I really hope they don't have Quinn be the skin cutting killer. That would be one time too many for the killer they're following to be connected to Dexter/Deb. Although with all the set up, I do expect the Quinn/Deb's a narc story to go someplace.

Just a really good season so far.

That would be one time too many for the killer they're following to be connected to Dexter/Deb. Although with all the set up, I do expect the Quinn/Deb's a narc story to go someplace.

If it was Quinn it would be more he's connected to the Freebo case as opposed to Deb (unlike the other killer where he was connect via being Dex's brother), Deb just happens to be a part of that case - which means she cannot not be connected to the killer. Although, I see what you mean - he's somewhat connected to her as a coworker.

I wouldn't find it too far, you say one time too many like it's been done before more than once. And I don't think Quinns motives would involve Deb/Dexter unlike the Ice Truck Killer so it's more coincidence they're connected. The murder being someone we know is just more interesting storywise than them bringing out some randomer.

Quinn being the killer would also take away from last season with Doakes.

Man, do I miss Doakes.

I hope next season, they focus on a killer who is an outsider. Not as in depth as Dexter or any of the other characters, but some sociopath who isn't connected to Deb or the police force.