TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Dexter

I'm really hoping they can end this year with a cliffhanger and carry the prado storyline into the next season. I think Jimmy is doing a great job as Prado, and with seasons 4 and 5 already being picked up by Showtime why not end a season messy for once rather than all wrapped up.

I kinda agree, although I did realize something: they've actually done this "someone discovers what Dexter is, and doesn't hate him" in every season so far. His brother in season 1, Lila in season 2, and now Prado. Hell, the even inverted it with the Doakes storyline. Admittedly, Prado is portrayed as otherwise being a much more normal human being than either the Ice Truck Killer or the Gross English Titty Vampire, but still it is the third time in a row they've done a rather similar storyline.

Another recycling matter: I'm not a big fan of the "serial skinner" thing they've got going now. Unless they Mama Voorhees that shit and the killer turns out to be a complete stranger, that means we're getting One Of The Cast Turns Out To Be A Secret Killer, Shocking The Others... again.

I kinda agree, although I did realize something: they've actually done this "someone discovers what Dexter is, and doesn't hate him" in every season so far. His brother in season 1, Lila in season 2, and now Prado. Hell, the even inverted it with the Doakes storyline. Admittedly, Prado is portrayed as otherwise being a much more normal human being than either the Ice Truck Killer or the Gross English Titty Vampire, but still it is the third time in a row they've done a rather similar storyline.

Another recycling matter: I'm not a big fan of the "serial skinner" thing they've got going now. Unless they Mama Voorhees that shit and the killer turns out to be a complete stranger, that means we're getting One Of The Cast Turns Out To Be A Secret Killer, Shocking The Others... again.

you are right about the recycling, but man has Jimmy Smits acted the shit out of this character. This weeks was mostly a filler episode, but with the CI dude and Quinn storylines going on with deb, the recycling rears its ugly head again. I'm engaged in this season, but have no idea where they are gonna go...maybe Miguel ends up being the skinner? All this "dark side" talk makes me wonder.

Show is still better than almost everything on network tv.

Business is about to pick up, heres to hoping they leak the final episodes like last year.

So, Im not sure I get it...was he there to kill that, or hit that?

...I didnt get to see the preview, but both would be an interesting twist.

So, Im not sure I get it...was he there to kill that, or hit that?

...I didnt get to see the preview, but both would be an interesting twist.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, although it did not take long to figure it out.

Other random, drunken thoughts:

I agree with the people who wish it would have been more of a slow burn with Dex and Miguel, but it looks like the conclusion will come soon.

I hope there is some twist that Prado had been studying cases of how perps that had walked ended up missing, hell I could live with Doakes leaking information to him about his hunches.

The Harry flashback scenes continue to bring it as the "thumbs up" scene may have been the funniest moment in the series.

I wonder if the Quinn-Yugi-Deb storyline fades away or re-emerges for the last three episodes.

And I agree 100% that Jimmy Smits has made this season great.

Agreed, weakest season from a suspense standpoint, but for character development was great as always all season and they set seeds for next season pretty well.

Even the weakest season of Dexter beats most of TV.

I liked the best friend storyline this season, you think Miguel is there being a good friend, and at the end you find things he's completely bullshitting on, like the shirt, feeding the same lines to Rita as Dexter.

The Quinn being a bad cop story just kinda vanished, maybe they felt it wasn't working out.

Little underwhelmed with the Dexter/King deal at the end. Very easy escape, no really harm came to Dex, and an easy get away. I was thinking the knife King caught him with would be recovered by Deb and she's be left wondering how Dexter's blood got there...I dunno.

Season 4 is already too far away. Hopefully book 4 is better than the last 2 as well

I just read the first two books, find myself liking them both. I've heard the third one sucks, but I've already got it sitting on the shelf to be read so I'm going to knock it out soon. The fourth book sounds pretty interesting from the little hype blurb in the back of the third book.

I liked the ending with the blood on the wedding dress. Cool visual, and probably a sign of things to come. I think we've had 3 seasons of Dexter getting away with, and its all going to come crashing down on season 4.

I liked the ending with the blood on the wedding dress. Cool visual, and probably a sign of things to come. I think we've had 3 seasons of Dexter getting away with, and its all going to come crashing down on season 4.

I would say that your guess is probably pretty accurate. In watching that scene with my girlfriend she pointed out that it's considered to be really bad luck if you get anything on your wedding dress, so I would imagine it's a nice foreshadowing of things to come.

I love the show so far, I am only halfway in to Season 2 so I really don't want to read most of this thread until I catch up. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD and as soon as Season 3 gets a release date I will be preordering it.... :headbang: