TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

OAO RAW is War 10/2/06

so.. are they still really going to do nWo vs. DX?

If it actually happens, Bischoff needs to bring in the nWo and Vince needs to stay the hell away from them. If Vince interacts with them, then the nWo should either kick the crap out of him or run him off since he's the one who made them go away in the WWE in the first place. Oh who am I kidding the Writers and Vince can't remember that far back.

But I'm all for Bischoff leading the nWo with a take over of Raw or just the beating of DX......Actually that could be the angle, Bischoff plans on getting on revenage on Vince by trying to take over Raw by using the nWo. Bischoff and the nWo will get over on Vince all the time, eventually making Vince beg DX for their help.

I could see this working if they brought in newer faces with it, along with Nash and Hall and all of that, but with just the same old guys... It will be just another hot shot angle that would be dead in a few months.

Bret Hart should lead the nWo, well in a perfect world atleast.

If freasher faces are put in the nWo, gimmick wise, shelton would be perfect.

You know what, if Bossman was still alive and working in the WWE. Cryme time vs Big Bossman would have been fucking great.

I actually thought that while driving around today. For some reason I was thinking about Raw and thought that if Big Bossman were still alive that was a ready made feud. If they made Cryme Tyme goofy faces they could have teamed up Bossman and The Mountie.

And no, I don't usually review wrestling shows in my head while driving. I was bored sitting at a red light.

If it actually happens, Bischoff needs to bring in the nWo and Vince needs to stay the hell away from them. If Vince interacts with them, then the nWo should either kick the crap out of him or run him off since he's the one who made them go away in the WWE in the first place. Oh who am I kidding the Writers and Vince can't remember that far back.

But I'm all for Bischoff leading the nWo with a take over of Raw or just the beating of DX......Actually that could be the angle, Bischoff plans on getting on revenage on Vince by trying to take over Raw by using the nWo. Bischoff and the nWo will get over on Vince all the time, eventually making Vince beg DX for their help.

I could see this working if they brought in newer faces with it, along with Nash and Hall and all of that, but with just the same old guys... It will be just another hot shot angle that would be dead in a few months.

Okay... Shelton is good....

What about... Orton? or... Edge. I think Edge would be good. I mean... He already is a heel right?

What about... Orton? or... Edge. I think Edge would be good. I mean... He already is a heel right?

Edge's gimmick wouldn't match and if Orton joins...then I'm not a nWo fan anymore.

Edge's gimmick wouldn't match and if Orton joins...then I'm not a nWo fan anymore.

Well I'm just throwing around ideas. I doubt that people like Masters, Benjiman, Nitro etc. would get much heat because they aren't really "big stars". Maybe that's why Steve Austin and Hogan are coming back???

Who knows?

Well I'm just throwing around ideas. I doubt that people like Masters, Benjiman, Nitro etc. would get much heat because they aren't really "big stars". Maybe that's why Steve Austin and Hogan are coming back???

Who knows?

Nitro could work, he could be like their Buff Bagwell...only you know, talented.

Todd Martin's review of Raw:

WWE Raw TV report

by Todd Martin

WWE Raw Report

By: Todd Martin

Email: [email protected]

Blog: toddwmartin.blogspot.com

Date: 10/02/06 from Topeka, KS.

The Big News: If you hate the direction of WWE in 2006 and are frustrated by my recent charitable reviews of their shows, there is plenty of angry ranting this week.

Title Changes/Turns: Jeff Hardy won the Intercontinental Title. The Highlanders may not be heels yet, but they certainly aren’t faces anymore.

Match Results: Triple H & Shawn Michaels b Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Viscera, Charlie Haas & Highlanders; Jeff Hardy b Johnny Nitro; Umaga b Gene Snitsky; Randy Orton b Carlito Caribbean Cool; Sgt. Slaughter b Nicky Nemeth; Mickie James b Victoria; John Cena b Edge.

Show Analysis:

Raw started with a segment featuring totally incompetent booking. DX came out, and Coach followed them shortly thereafter. He ordered them to wrestle in a six on two handicap Texas Tornado match. DX acted like they weren’t concerned at all and won in less than five minutes. At first their opponents used their numbers to gain the advantage. But that only lasted briefly, and DX fought off Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Viscera and the Highlanders.

That isolated Charlie Haas, who was given an elbow drop off the top, sweet chin music and the pedigree for the pin. Coach was still angry after this, and said he runs the show. HHH threatened to run him out of the building and run the show themselves, and they proceeded up the ramp to do so. This was such a stupid segment. It did absolutely nothing for DX and buried all their opponents underground.

The Highlanders, who were likable as a midcard tag team, were buried particularly badly since they’re supposed to be faces. It also didn’t take long for the promotion to make clear Cade and Murdoch are no threats to DX. DX should be helping to get other people over since they are legends and don’t need to be protected strongly to stay over. Yet, the only people to ever get heat on DX are the McMahons, who are in the exact same boat as people who don’t need to be protected. Everyone else not only loses to DX, but loses quickly in embarrassing fashion with the odds dramatically stacked in their favor. It makes absolutely no sense if you’re booking for business rather than ego.

Jeff Hardy beat Johnny Nitro to win the Intercontinental Title. Nitro hit some kicks and European uppercuts. Hardy hit a leg drop to the groin and went for the twist of fate, but Nitro escaped. Hardy teased a pescado but then hit a crossbody off the apron to the floor. Hardy missed the whisper in the wind, and Nitro hit a baseball slide that sent Hardy into the post.

Hardy came back with a double mule kick and hit the whisper in the wind for two. Hardy hit a baseball slide to the outside and a running crossbody off the barricade onto Nitro and Melina. Nitro hit an elbow drop coming back into the ring and went to the top. Hardy back dropped him off the top and hit the swanton for the win. This was a strong match by Raw standards. I give Nitro a lot of credit, because he obviously puts a lot of effort into improving in the ring. WWE would be better if more guys had his desire.

DX tried to trick their way into Coach’s office backstage, but he knew it was them. HHH implied Coach was masturbating, and said Shawn wanted to tell him that is a sin. That was funny. Hardy backstage did an interview where he talked about everyone wanting his title, and mentioning challengers. That was good because it made the belt feel important. This segued into a lame plug of strip poker on ECW next week. Melina then came in and screamed repeatedly into the microphone. That was stupid, unless the goal was to encourage viewers to change the channel.

Coach backstage went out to look for DX. He found HHH at one end of a hall and Shawn at the other end. They played western music, and there was a tumbleweed at Coach’s feet. He ran into the women’s locker room, and DX followed. Coach then ran into a room featuring the male stripper. Coach ran off and slipped on a floor that was being mopped. DX intimidated him into running into a production truck. They put him in a garbage dumpster and had him taken away.

This comedy actually worked better than a lot of WWE comedy, but it was the sort of absurd, goofy low brow comedy that I think turns off more viewers than it entertains. I can come up with a lot of examples of promotions that drew well presenting a serious product. I can’t think of too many that drew well presenting main eventers as goofy comedy figures. Do you want to be more like UFC or Hustle?

DX approached Spirit Squad backstage, and did a parody of the Johnny Ace dress policy. Michaels even did a Johnny Ace impression and dropped his name. They basically said that DX had to wear new outfits. It’s nice to know they book comedy segments to amuse themselves, just like they book serious segments to put over themselves. Umaga beat Gene Snitsky with the Samoan drop, BUTT drop and Samoan spike. It was announced that next week Kane will meet Umaga in a loser leaves Raw match. Umaga could help Smackdown more, but it would seriously hurt his ability to do so if he jobbed to Kane of all people on the way out.

Randy Orton beat Carlito. Orton went after the arm for most of the match. Carlito came back with a huracanrana, but Orton went back to the arm and applied a key lock. Carlito hit some chops, a springboard elbow, a knee lift and a clothesline. He followed that with a springboard corkscrew senton and quebrada. He covered, but Orton kicked out. Carlito hit a springboard crossbody, but Orton rolled through and grabbed the tights for the pin. This was fine, and Carlito worked hard.

Backstage, the Spirit Squad said they wouldn’t come out in their new outfits. Shawn Michaels said that if they didn’t come out they would be stripped of their tag titles. I guess if you jump the person in charge of the show and throw them out of the building you get to do what you want, and Vince McMahon would be forced to abide by your decisions, even if he hates you and has vowed to destroy you. Free tip to WWE writers: if your average mentally defective six year old non-wrestling fan would find your angle illogical, you probably should come up with a different angle. Cryme Tyme this week knocked coffee into a cop’s face and ran away from the police officer.

Sgt. Slaughter beat Nicky. The Squad came out in short skirts. One of them had skid marks. I guess WWE raided Vince Russo as retaliation for Kurt Angle. This was just an extended reason to laugh at the “comedy” of men in short skirts. It wasn’t funny at all. Nicky gained the advantage when the rest of the Squad jumped Slaughter, but HHH appeared on the screen mocking Nicky with panties. That distracted him and Slaughter rolled him up for the pin.

This week’s Women’s Title match featured the women wrestling in lingerie, apparently because DX told them to do so. I guess they feel the need to come up with a lame gimmick every week to make sure you know that the Women’s Title is not to be taken seriously. Mickie James beat Victoria. Victoria went after the back. Mickie came back with clotheslines. Victoria reversed a huracanrana into a Boston crab. Mickie escaped and went for a botched sunset flip off the top. Victoria dropped down and grabbed the ropes. The referee saw that, and Mickie rolled up Victoria for the pin. A despondent Victoria threw a temper tantrum after the match.

Eric Bischoff and Chris Masters were chatting backstage. DX came in and wanted to know if they were in the book. Bischoff said yes, that he called them a blatant rip-off of the NWO. HHH asked Masters if he had thought of writing a book. Masters said yes, on nutrition. HHH asked if it would be called “How to Lose 50 Pounds in a Couple Weeks.” HHH was a burying machine this week. At least he’s burying heels now rather than faces. Shawn and HHH basically acknowledged they were a rip-off of the NWO, but said they got the last laugh and did a fake laugh together.

John Cena beat Edge in a cage match. Cena rammed Edge into the turnbuckle, and hit a suplex. Edge went after his arm. Edge tried to run out of the cage, but Cena caught him and slammed him off the top. Cena tried to escape but was pulled down by his arm and speared into the cage. They fought on the top rope and Cena gave him a face buster off the top. Edge tried to escape, but got crotched. Cena rammed him into the cage, and hit a clothesline, Cena slam and five knuckle shuffle. He went for the FU but Edge grabbed the cage.

Cena went for the FU again, but Edge escaped once more. Lita gave him a chair, so she was ejected from ringside. Edge went for a shoulder tackle off the second rope but hit the referee. Edge went to use the chair, but Cena got it and hit Edge with the chair. He applied the STFU. Cade and Murdoch ran in and hit the high low. They were trying to drag Edge out of the door, but DX came in and cut them off. Michaels superkicked Murdoch into the door, which slammed on Edge’s face. Cena hit the FU for the pin. They worked hard and hit some impressive spots, but the match didn’t build well. The finish was awful. After such a long feud, the blow-off should have been relatively decisive, rather than yet another crappy, overbooked finish.

Final Thoughts:

The conversion of WWE into self-destructive WCW at its worst continues. They even got their edition of NWO Nitro in.

Last week, DX appeared twice. Both times they were placed in traditional growth time slots. They bombed anyway, losing over 500,000 viewers in just the second segment of the show, and gaining no viewers at the beginning of the second hour. Those are terrible, terrible indicators. So how did WWE respond? By sticking DX in just about every segment of the show. I don’t even know how to begin with this nonsense.

Yes, DX is completely lame and passe. They are old men acting like teenagers from the late 80s or early 90s. They aren’t funny at all. But that’s not even the biggest problem. The problem is they continue to build around DX, and they book DX to bury just about everyone they come into contact with. It’s Hulk Hogan level egotism, and it’s worse because neither of them will ever be the draw Hulk Hogan was. They laughed at, buried, destroyed and generally treated as inconsequential half the roster this evening. John Cena and Edge have carried WWE this year, and they were treated as afterthoughts on the evening of their blow-off match. And all of this was done in the interest of building an act that is dead and doesn’t need to be built anyway.

Even if WWE weren’t pushing the wrong people and burying everyone else, the whole attitude of the show is wrong. It’s low brow, goofy comedy aimed at the lowest common denominator. I love professional wrestling, and yet I’m ashamed to even acknowledge that because what people associate as professional wrestling right now has no relation whatsoever to the wrestling I enjoy. They wouldn’t know Ring of Honor from Big Mouth Loud, but they do know WWE, and it doesn’t take but a couple minutes here and there to develop a really negative opinion of today’s WWE.

Look at UFC’s startling rise in 2006. You have got to be presenting something that people want to see to experience such exponential growth so quickly. It isn’t like it’s such a bizarre formula. It’s personality-driven athletic competition: exactly what pro wrestling has always provided. Yet WWE is so goofy, nepotistic and unfocused on match results that it doesn’t provide that appeal at all. It’s a backwards promotion living off the time when they were doing things right rather than providing new and affirmative reasons for viewers to tune in. Sadly, that period when WWE was rolling (1997-2001 in particular) seems more like ancient history by the month.

DX burying multiple people in one go? Check

DX pushed beyond intolerance? Check

Potential money match pissed away? Check

Sounds like almost any Raw of the last six months.

Don't expect to see the nWo. The only solid news on it so far is that it isn't going to happen, and that all of the nWo mentions are just talk to fuck with the fans, and get people talking about Bishoff's book. As of right now, it's all just rumors.

I honestly don't think it'll happen, and I'll only believe it for a fact when I actually see it on TV.

Purely a what if, but what if Cena turned heel and lead a new nWo? Mr. Kennedy could appear on Raw one week. Then I don't know, someone on the outs with TNA, like Monty Brown. With the leader turning out to be Cena finally turning heel. All this lead by Bishoff.

Purely a what if, but what if Cena turned heel and lead a new nWo? Mr. Kennedy could appear on Raw one week. Then I don't know, someone on the outs with TNA, like Monty Brown. With the leader turning out to be Cena finally turning heel. All this lead by Bishoff.

That might actually make Cena interesting. As much as I hate his in ring work, I hate his character even more. I was never a fan of Austin's in ring work, but I loved his character... So.. I guess I just need Cena to go heel for me to like him a little bit.

Half the raw audience probably doesn't know who Kennedy is.......and about 10% of them probably know who Monty Brown is. The angle would be dead in a few months as the ego of HHH and HBK would cause them to frequently bury them never allowing them to get the upper hand. HHH would probably love this idea though.......a chance to get rid of Cena as a viable maineventer.

HHH's comment bout Masters was ROUGH.

I had to watch it over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

What's weird is that HBK's face didn't change before, during, or after he said it.

HHH's comment bout Masters was ROUGH.

I had to watch it over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

What's weird is that HBK's face didn't change before, during, or after he said it.

hbk10.jpg

or

hbk103.jpg