TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Family Reunion Thread - October/9th/2006.

I really hope they've changed their mind about the Papa Roach song, which has a chorus that will likely be played after everyyyy segment and lead-in to a commercial, and get old after 1 to 2 shows.

ps Rey has never had a match on Raw

HBK. Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show.

I'm only curious to see how they set up the Cyber Sunday triple threat with TBS/Booker/Cena.

I really hope they've changed their mind about the Papa Roach song, which has a chorus that will likely be played after everyyyy segment and lead-in to a commercial, and get old after 1 to 2 shows.

ps Rey has never had a match on Raw

HBK. Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show.

I'm only curious to see how they set up the Cyber Sunday triple threat with TBS/Booker/Cena.

"move along move along move along move along move along move along"

This show is the perfect way to kick off the 'RAW vs. SmackDown vs. ECW' angle by prompting conflict between them since they will all be there.

(I'd assume ECW will win the 3-way Survivor Series match on 11/26 as build for their PPV one week later.)

Also, I'd assume Moolah and Mae Young will be a part of tonight's show, considering it's in their hometown of Columbia, SC.

Raw revamp.

Tonight, Papa Roach joins the ranks of Union Underground, Marilyn Manson, Drowning Pool and other dynamic, progressive rock bands as they unleash their song "To Be Loved" to forge a new sound for Monday Night Raw.

With the recognizable theme of Raw getting refreshed for the Family Reunion Special, along with a guest list that extends across all three brands, tonight marks a new milestone for Monday nights. As the unrivaled action of Raw evolves with this evening's season premiere, the three-hour special will kick off with a brand-new sound.

Tune in tonight at a special start time of 8pm/7pm CT to hear the new Raw theme song in full.

--The main event for Cyber Sunday, which may be announced tonight, is John Cena vs. Big Show vs. King Booker. As of this afternoon, the plan is for none of the three titles to be at stake in the match. It's probably a way to set up a three-way promotional feud for Survivor Series.

--Regarding the loser of tonight's Kane vs. Umaga match, the plan was for the loser to go to Smackdown. I'm told that over the weekend the idea was changing every minute. It is still probably Smackdown, but it is possible it will be changed to ECW.

From tonight's WO.com update.

Raw revamp.

Tonight, Papa Roach joins the ranks of Union Underground, Marilyn Manson, Drowning Pool and other dynamic, progressive rock bands as they unleash their song "To Be Loved" to forge a new sound for Monday Night Raw.

With the recognizable theme of Raw getting refreshed for the Family Reunion Special, along with a guest list that extends across all three brands, tonight marks a new milestone for Monday nights. As the unrivaled action of Raw evolves with this evening's season premiere, the three-hour special will kick off with a brand-new sound.

Tune in tonight at a special start time of 8pm/7pm CT to hear the new Raw theme song in full.

"Dynamic"

"Progressive"

"Papa Roach"

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong......

What, and Drowning Pool does? Marilyn Manson I'll grant you, maybe. Only ever heard two Union Underground songs, so I can't really comment there.

Umaga wouldn't stand a chance with the ECW crowd. Kane wouldn't have a much bigger chance.

What ECW crowd? Aside from two shows since the rebirth of ECW, it's been regular WWE crowds.

Besides, ECW had big monsters in their heyday as well. Umaga, as the ass-kicking machine would have gotten over big time with Heyman's touch.

Guest GeeseGeese

Okay, to anyone who complains about how much Raw is going to suck, and then watches it anyway. Shut the fuck up and stop being hypocritical.

Second of all, I don't think that this show will be bad at all. The crowd should be way into it with fresh faces from Smackdown coming over. Plus the undertaker will always boost ratings and fan support.

Mixing guys like Batista, Cena, DX, Kennedy, Taker, Booker, etc...will keep the casual fan more than happy and it should give some of you something more than the "same boring old raw"

If you still complain about something after the show, go swallow a knife.

Okay, to anyone who complains about how much Raw is going to suck, and then watches it anyway. Shut the fuck up and stop being hypocritical.

Second of all, I don't think that this show will be bad at all. The crowd should be way into it with fresh faces from Smackdown coming over. Plus the undertaker will always boost ratings and fan support.

Mixing guys like Batista, Cena, DX, Kennedy, Taker, Booker, etc...will keep the casual fan more than happy and it should give some of you something more than the "same boring old raw"

If you still complain about something after the show, go swallow a knife.

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T WATCH IT, LOL~! WWE CAN'T BE CRITICIZED~!"

Umaga wouldn't stand a chance with the ECW crowd. Kane wouldn't have a much bigger chance.

I'm surprised he hasnt gotten any "Joe's Gonna Kill You" chants..Since they're cousins and everything and he's the anti-Joe and if you follow wrestling even casually, you would come to the conclusion that Joe is probably the best full time compeititor right now...at least in the US side of things....Because of his versatility..

I'm surprised he hasnt gotten any "Joe's Gonna Kill You" chants..Since they're cousins and everything and he's the anti-Joe and if you follow wrestling even casually, you would come to the conclusion that Joe is probably the best full time compeititor right now...at least in the US side of things....Because of his versatility..

Casual fans don't know Samoa Joe exists. They barely know TNA exists.

Boy if Raw wouldve been 3 hours shows occasionally back in 98/99...I wouldve turned into a whore of a mark then I must admit....Back in those days RAW was a solid show every week..Now....A decent show 2 weeks in a row surprises me...Im sure that not even the WWE can fuck up tonite though, Im expecting a solid RAW...If Stone Cold shows up and gives the stunner to someone preferbly Orton, Ill turn into a whore of a mark....If the Rock shows up and Rock bottoms Orton or For the sake all that is holy Cena I kiss Vince McMahon's Ass myself....

Casual fans still have the internet. I'm pretty sure they know who Joe is.

Casual fans care about what they see on TV and that's it. That's why they're called casual. If you take the time to go online to look stuff up, you're not just a casual fan anymore. Not every fan goes online to look stuff up, just because they have the internet.

Casual fans don't know Samoa Joe exists. They barely know TNA exists.

That is sad because I'm not into wrestling like I was back when there was WCW/WWF/ECW when I was like 14-15 yrs old but I know who Joe is...He deserves to be noticed..

Casual fans care about what they see on TV and that's it. That's why they're called casual. If you take the time to go online to look stuff up, you're not just a casual fan anymore. Not every fan goes online to look stuff up, just because they have the internet.

Do you think if Joe makes the jump to the WWE, do you think he will be neutered down like everyone else that came from WCW/ECW or do you think they will leave him be?

Do you think if Joe makes the jump to the WWE, do you think he will be neutered down like everyone else that came from WCW/ECW or do you think they will leave him be?

Do you really need to ask that question?

Do you really need to ask that question?

Umaga/Samoa Joe=The New Headshrinkers...."Whoa Samoa".... :firing:

You mean like how I'm going to be watching Ravens/Broncos because RAW sucks? Point taken.

Guest Felonies!
Papa Roach joins the ranks of Union Underground, Marilyn Manson, Drowning Pool and other dynamic, progressive rock bands

Wait, what?

Papa Roach joins the ranks of Union Underground, Marilyn Manson, Drowning Pool and other dynamic, progressive rock bands

WAIT WHAT

wtf

hah

Guest Felonies!
That sentence may have actually caused Czech to have a mild stroke.

That's actually me in my avatar. Look at how fucked up one side of my face looks.