TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Family Reunion Thread - October/9th/2006.

Raw was pretty good tonight. Well Raw was good until after the Ric Flair vs Mitch match. The Cutting Edge and the Cena vs Undertaker really didn't end the show well.

Seeing Flair, Anderson, Piper, and Money INC all in the same ring, brought back a lot of good freaking memories. It was really great to see that.

Two quotes stand out about tonights show;

Tazz: I wasn't tall enough, you have to be really TALL to get over here.

Big Show: Alright, get smart. You got a bullseye on your cap, ya feel me.

yeah for some reason, whenever it comes to Brand vs Brand matches, and I'm lookin at Survivor Series etc as a reference.. Smackdown always has the other brand's number.

Yet of course wins mean NOTHING.. but nonetheless, it makes me happy :D

This Raw was great because it felt more like a big event than any of the SNME, or ANY of the last couple Raw ppvs.

After tonights show, I'm giving Orton a new gimmick. He will not be known as the legend killer anymore. It is now Randy Orton, Show killer!

I don't remember hearing about it, bit is Cyber Sunday still a Raw PPV? If so than they should of just saved the triple threat match for Survivor Series which is a Joint Brand PPV. its stupid having all 3 World Champions in a match for the first time in a singler brand PPV instead of the big 4.

and what choices are the fans gonna choose for this match? the winner?

and just for the hell of it, a promotion having 3 World Champs is overkill. a wrestler winning a World Title doesn't mean as much as long as their are two other World Champions in the same Company. you just get lost in the shuffle.

what choices are the fans gonna choose for this match?

I'm guessing, either vote for which title will be on the line, or which GM will be the special guest referee.

WWE was entitled to 4 NBC specials under their new agreement.

Saturday Night's Main Event - March/18th/2006.

2006 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - April/1st/2006.

WWE .VS. ECW Head To Head - June/7th/2006.

Saturday Night's Main Event - July/15th/2006.

Diva Search Finale - August/16th/2006.

WWE Raw Family Reunion - October/9th/2006.

Which four were the specials, and why did they get the extra two?

On April/4th/2005, WWE announced a 3-year deal with NBC Universal to bring Raw back to its former home, the USA Network, with two yearly specials on NBC

How come they got 4 this year?

Booker has jack shit in terms of compelling challengers on SD at this point.

Benoit?

Finlay and the Regal-Weinie!!

NBC Specials.

HoF, Head to Head, Diva Search, and Family Reunion were all on USA.

NBC owns USA. NBC only has had the two SNMEs. S_D said 4 NBC specials, so there's going to be another two shows on NBC this year?

NBC Specials.

HoF, Head to Head, Diva Search, and Family Reunion were all on USA.

NBC owns USA. NBC only has had the two SNMEs. S_D said 4 NBC specials, so there's going to be another two shows on NBC this year?

Should be yes. It'll be interesting to see how NBC handles it after the horrible ratings of the last two. Or they have a loophole in the deal in case something like this happened.

Raw was ok last night. It was great to see Anderson, Dibiase and IRS. WWE should move Kane to Smackdown(iIMO, a better choice than ECW). Great to see Benoit.

After tonights show, I'm giving Orton a new gimmick. He will not be known as the legend killer anymore. It is now Randy Orton, Show killer!

Um...What exactly did Orton do that was so bad? Him and Edge were one of the most entertaining parts of the night and he was super over with the crowd.

Um...What exactly did Orton do that was so bad? Him and Edge were one of the most entertaining parts of the night and he was super over with the crowd.

To be fair, the problem was this board (myself included) had speculated all night about the mystery guest and as it was only Orton, it was a big let down.

The announcement of Orton killed it.

To be fair, the problem was this board (myself included) had speculated all night about the mystery guest and as it was only Orton, it was a big let down.

The announcement of Orton killed it.

I don't know what you guys were thinking. Neither WWE nor Edge played it up that it was going to be some huge surprise mystery guest or anything. People speculating that it would be someone like Waltman or Jericho was pretty silly, and unfounded. I was trying to figure out who had recently been involved with Edge that would be showing up, frankly.

I know, I meant to say above but didn't make it clear, that we'd exaggerated it to such an extent that it had become a let down.

My previous guess of Masters I thought was a fairly good choice.

Benoit has faced Booker about 10 million times, that's hardly a new or compelling matchup. Booker has now already gone over Batista, and they don't even think Lashley can draw in the main event enough to do that match. Booker vs. a debuting Kane on SD? Booker vs. UT has been done to death too.

I mean yes I know RVD has been punished of late but the thing is you can't punish the main guy on a roster. It's stupid and counterproductive.

Only real decent stuff from last night to me was the guys showing up w/ Flair, The Orton/Edge promo (which actually, for once, is an angle/storylines that MAKES SENSE) and the banter between Bradshaw and Tazz.

Otherwise, this show was nothing but filler to me. The interpromotional matches were short and not really that entertaining. The "battle of the champions" at Cyber Sunday sounds horribly weak on paper, moreless because all of those guys have worked (boring) programs against each other in the past. A Cena v. RVD v. Batista/Lashley/Benoit/ANYONE ELSE FROM SMACKDOWN would be much more interesting to me, but whatever.

I'm surprised no one guessed Orton as Edge's guest. Wasn't there a rumor going around a couple weeks ago that those two were the next feud for DX? Anyway, I think it makes perfect sense, though their choice of video for the build was rather odd. Two disgruntled young guys (well, Edge has to be about 30, but still) who are pushed aside for the old, tired, un-funny antics of HHH and Shawn. Good feud, but unforutnately, it will likely fail due to the "Millionaire's Club effect." That is, the fans are told that the young guys who have very valid points are evil for wanting to move up the card. The face/heel roles should be reversed, but they won't and DX will almost certainly go over. Our only hope is that Edge does most of the talking and doesn't take any of HHH's shit and shoots right back at him.

Other notes on Raw:

- DX still sucks. Both promos were long, and not funny. Note to HHH: Shoots are best when used sparingly, and not to openly bury other people on the roster.

- Who the fuck did the Highlanders piss off? Seriously.

- The opening promo was good. Booker ruled all, and Cena even got in a couple good lines.

- WWE is really dropping the ball with Cade and Murdoch. Disappointing, yet not surprising.

- In kayfabe terms, Coach must be the dumbest GM ever if he thought Jeff Hardy would teach The Big Show a lesson.

- The Flair legends reunion was pretty cool.

- Has any tag division ever any worse than the one on Raw right now?

- Benoit is awesome. I wish he could've had a longer match with Shelton.

- Why did Kennedy do next to nothing after pushing UT to the limit at NM?

Guest Princess Leena

Hey, you're going to be unpopular if you keep talking sense like that.

- In kayfabe terms, Coach must be the dumbest GM ever if he thought Jeff Hardy would teach The Big Show a lesson.

Well in fairness, I believe Show jobbed to Hardy (by count-out, I think) about 4 years ago around this time on Raw. I was just thinking about that while watching the SmackDown 2002 Halloween special on 24/7 before Raw last night - they were pushing Show as a monster on SmackDown! who Lesnar couldn't beat, yet people on Raw had been beating him for awhile.