TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Family Reunion Thread - October/9th/2006.

Did NBC pull the plug on SNME?

They can't. WWE was entitled to 4 NBC specials under their new agreement.

They're entitled to two SNME's a year on NBC.

And for a Raw treated like something special, the main event was a disaster. Undertaker treats Cena like a jobber, Cena acts like a jobber, a cheap DQ finish, and all in five minutes. Could they not have just put all three champions together in a six-man against Hardy, Van Dam and Undertaker? Make it like this big Raw deserves the first time ever that the WWE, World and ECW Champion have all teamed up, but then have their ego's prove too big and cause a no-contest? At least then you wouldn't have Cena, who is meant to be treated like he's the next Steve Austin, getting treated like he's the next Mike Sharpe.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

How come they get stuff like the Family Reunion, WWE .VS. ECW Head To Head, etc. on the USA Network, what's the deal with those?

How come they get stuff like the Family Reunion, WWE .VS. ECW Head To Head, etc. on the USA Network, what's the deal with those?

I'm pretty sure those are just case by case, there is nothing in contract on how many WWE specials USA does a year. Or at least I've never read about such.

Those are on USA. All WWE get on NBC are two SNME's a year, and they don't even get the guarantee of what timeslot they're given. The next SNME could be on at 2am if NBC wanted.

If you buy the Bishoff book in the Google Checkout $10 off $30 deal you can get it for as low as $10. They have it listed for $17.xx so just buy something else with it, another book or a DVD or whatever, to push it to $30+ to get the $10 off of the total.

3.8. No way can they be happy with that number after all the hype. The two regular hours did a 4.1 average, and the 3.2 first hour dragged down the average. For the two hours, it is a good number opposite football, but nothing compared to the similar show last year.

From Meltzer.

From PWInsider also:

THE FAMILY REUNION HELPS WWE GREATLY: FULL RAW RATINGS REPORT

by Dave Scherer @ 6:23:00 PM on 10/10/2006

This week's edition of Raw did a 3.8 cable rating, with a six share, to deliver the show's best number in weeks. It was up from last week's 3.6 and when you look at the hours, it tells an interesting story.

The first hour of the show did a 3.2. The second hour did a 4.2, while the final hour did a 4.0. That means that in its normal timeslot, the show did a 4.1 cable rating, which is its highest number in a few months. People were definitely interested in the show in its normal slot.

The first hour started with a 3.1 quarter hour and peaked at a 3.4 for the last segment. Hour two was strong, starting with a 4.4, then doing a 4.1, 4.2 and 4.0. Hour three did a 4.2, then dropped to a 3.9, 3.8 and 3.9, before doing a 4.3 for the overrun.

All in all, it was WWE's best ratings night in a while.

And for a Raw treated like something special, the main event was a disaster. Undertaker treats Cena like a jobber, Cena acts like a jobber, a cheap DQ finish, and all in five minutes. Could they not have just put all three champions together in a six-man against Hardy, Van Dam and Undertaker? Make it like this big Raw deserves the first time ever that the WWE, World and ECW Champion have all teamed up, but then have their ego's prove too big and cause a no-contest? At least then you wouldn't have Cena, who is meant to be treated like he's the next Steve Austin, getting treated like he's the next Mike Sharpe.

How was Cena treated like a jobber? The only jobber-ish thing he did was take a mild beating from Taker, culminating in a chokeslam; within 3 minutes after being chokeslammed by Taker he'd forced the ECW champion to tap out AND laid out the World Heavyweight champion of Smackdown.

I for one am sick of seeing the constant protection of DX and Cena, especially since it's resulted in the near-burial of Cade, Murdoch and Edge with Orton on the way into the grave with them.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was wondering something...

With Vince McMahon suggesting a "Champion of Champions" three way match at Cyber Sunday, does this mean WWE is actually going to unify the belts, or even introduce another "Undisputed World Title" type of thing, or is it simply going to be a non-title match where the winner basically gets bragging rights and that's it? Just curious here.

It's non-title, he said this during the segmant.

Sorry if that sounds sarcy,.

No, that's fine. That's the other reason I'm glad they don't do three hour shows every week...it's all a lot to absorb. ;)

With Vince McMahon suggesting a "Champion of Champions" three way match at Cyber Sunday, does this mean WWE is actually going to unify the belts, or even introduce another "Undisputed World Title" type of thing, or is it simply going to be a non-title match where the winner basically gets bragging rights and that's it? Just curious here.

Hopefully someone gets a trophy.

oldskool

How was Cena treated like a jobber? The only jobber-ish thing he did was take a mild beating from Taker, culminating in a chokeslam; within 3 minutes after being chokeslammed by Taker he'd forced the ECW champion to tap out AND laid out the World Heavyweight champion of Smackdown.

Mild beating?

Undertaker sold virtually nothing, bounced back in no time from what he did sell, and Cena acted like a frightened child.

I can understand Undertaker not selling offense from most people, but he's in the ring with the WWE Champion. At least make it look like the champion of the company can give Undertaker a run for his money. And why is Cena acting like he's scared shitless? It's one thing to look like you know you're in for a fight, but Cena looked like he was about to get the shit kicked out of him and there was nothing he could do about it. That's fine for a midcard heel, but Cena is the WWE Champion and their franchise player. Explain to me the logic in making your champion and franchise player act, look and get treated like he's a midcard nobody.

And big deal if he made the 'B' level stars run and/or tap out. The damage was done.

oldskool

Mild beating?

Undertaker sold virtually nothing, bounced back in no time from what he did sell, and Cena acted like a frightened child.

I can understand Undertaker not selling offense from most people, but he's in the ring with the WWE Champion. At least make it look like the champion of the company can give Undertaker a run for his money. And why is Cena acting like he's scared shitless? It's one thing to look like you know you're in for a fight, but Cena looked like he was about to get the shit kicked out of him and there was nothing he could do about it. That's fine for a midcard heel, but Cena is the WWE Champion and their franchise player. Explain to me the logic in making your champion and franchise player act, look and get treated like he's a midcard nobody.

And big deal if he made the 'B' level stars run and/or tap out. The damage was done.

It really does not make any sense, since when Cena was a midcard heel back on Smackdown, he actually looked stronger than he did last night. It was wierd, considering they always make Cena out to be almost on the same level as Taker in the past.

I uploaded the Flair segment from RAW to YouTube. Watch it while you can:

thankyou, man.

I wish there was some way to save this to my pc.

Any chance I can get it from you DH?

Either use:

http://keepvid.com/

or hit me up on AIM.

Me and some friends were eating dinner at a Waffle House outside of Columbia after the show last night. We were sitting in there for about 10 minutes, and in comes Mr. Kennedy, and some other dark haired guy that I didn't recognize (WWE staff person perhaps?). Kennedy sat on a bar stool and ordered some food, then just sat there looking kind of bored. After some coaxing, I walked up to him, politely introduced myself, and told him how much I enjoy his work on Smackdown. We chatted for about a minute, then I asked if he had time for a photo, which he gladly agreed to. So, I stood next to him with a slight grin, while he did his pose that he does when hes waiting for his mic to drop from the rafters. Looked like it would make a good pic. Then all of a sudden he went into full character, dropped the pose, got about a foot from my face, and gave me the most ackward stare I have ever witnessed. I was so surprised at this, that I burst into laughter, and I now have a pic of Kennedy staring me down, while I have the most goober looking smile on my face. I then shook his hand, thanked him again for the picture and his time, and went back to my table. I can upload this picture later if anyone is interested.

About a minute later, I decided to call a friend of mine who had already left town to let him know I had just met and got a picture with Mr Kennedy. So, I walked outside and started to make my call, and there is Rey Mysterio, talking on his cell phone to someone. He ended up staying on his phone for the entire time we were there, so no photo ops or small talk. Afterall, I sure as hell didn't want to play the rude prick and interrupt his call.