TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

A pretty interesting spoiler from the Impact tapings...

From PWInsider:

FORMER WWE STAR DEBUTS DURING TNA TAPING

by Mike Johnson @ 8:25:00 PM on 10/9/2006

Jake Roberts made his TNA debut tonight during the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, coming during a brawl between those involved in the Bound for Glory Monster's Ball match. Roberts DDT'd Brother Runt and intimated he would be a "guide" for the Monster's Ball match at the PPV.

Roberts had been petitioning hard the last several months to get into TNA, although he had been met with resistance due to his past track record. Obviously, the company decided to take a chance.

Awesome, I like it already. Jake rules.

Yea, let's bring in a guy with a very well known drug problem, who has shown to be very unreliable.

Now Jake can turn Kurt onto harder drugs!

Guest Connzilla
He just wants a free ticket to Detroit, where the good stuff is.

Thats when their going to lose him next Sunday in Detriot, I seriouslly mean they are going to lose him in Detriot. Better Tivo Jakes only to TNA Impact this week and next becuase Jakes going to Detriot but he's not leaving or showing up for the PPV.

Yes, I'm soooo sure that TNA would hire the guy if there was evidence that he was currently using.

There's always a risk of falling off the wagon, and as much as Jake & TNA know that - I really doubt they give a shit about what any of you have to say about it.

So TNA has gone back to thinking that hiring every possible old tymer from the 80's is going to help the current product? Should I expect One Man Gang or King Kong Bundy to make appearences on tv any time soon?

So TNA has gone back to thinking that hiring every possible old tymer from the 80's is going to help the current product? Should I expect One Man Gang or King Kong Bundy to make appearences on tv any time soon?

A legend division with Sting,Luger,Buff,Steiner,James Gang,3d,Roberts,JJ would be something neat.

TNA would be better off recycling gimmicks and putting it on the younger wrestlers.

Yes, I'm soooo sure that TNA would hire the guy if there was evidence that he was currently using.

There's always a risk of falling off the wagon, and as much as Jake & TNA know that - I really doubt they give a shit about what any of you have to say about it.

Yea, b/c TNA didn't just hire a guy fired from another company for drug use. TNA is known for looking the other way when it comes to things like that.

And because TNA doesn't give a shit what we think....should we never discuss anything? Flawed logic.

A legend division with Sting,Luger,Buff,Steiner,James Gang,3d,Roberts,JJ would be something neat.

TNA would be better off recycling gimmicks and putting it on the younger wrestlers.

Is Impact going to have more "Let's Make a Deal" , "The Match Game" , "Gong Show" , "Hollywood Squares" game show segments with Mr. shinney white pants as the host? So did Luger, Buff, Roberts, Nash make some kind of court deal where working for TNA is considered community service?

I love how people still get excited for "the Snake". You guys remember what he looked like a year or so ago, when he was in that segment with Randy Orton on RAW, right?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictu...eroberts/23.jpg

I've always thought Roberts was severely overrated. I think smartmarks just look back on him fondly because he cut dark promos and had a unique gimmick. Most of his matches in WWF and WCW sucked. Maybe he had good matches back in Mid-South and the other territories, but I've never seen any of that stuff.

My guess is he doesn't even make a second appearance in TNA, after having a falling out with the company or no showing. This is going to be a completely worthless appearance in the long run.

Time will tell with Roberts but I thought I heard the reason TNA held back so long to sign him was because of the chemical dependancy thing? So with that said, I would expect they are assured he is clean right now, or else they wouldnt bother. Of course the chances are high that he'll fuck up, but til then, as a fan, I will enjoy whatever happens. The interaction with Raven, Abyss, and others is a good start. I doubt we'll see much of him in the ring, and just as a manager/character, so this doesnt bother me too much.

Who cares what he looks like, he's not going to be wrestling likely! So I should hate Piper, Flair, and others just because they are old and past their prime? Thats the most absurd reason to shit on someone in wrestling in quite some time.

Also, while you may think he's overrated the fact is that he was very good at creating psychology in his matches - a trade that is lost on most these days. That is why you hear praise from many after all these years.

Yea, b/c TNA didn't just hire a guy fired from another company for drug use. TNA is known for looking the other way when it comes to things like that.

And because TNA doesn't give a shit what we think....should we never discuss anything? Flawed logic.

Angle wasn't fired.

Look at the IC champion

I love how people still get excited for "the Snake". You guys remember what he looked like a year or so ago, when he was in that segment with Randy Orton on RAW, right?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictu...eroberts/23.jpg

I've always thought Roberts was severely overrated. I think smartmarks just look back on him fondly because he cut dark promos and had a unique gimmick. Most of his matches in WWF and WCW sucked. Maybe he had good matches back in Mid-South and the other territories, but I've never seen any of that stuff.

My guess is he doesn't even make a second appearance in TNA, after having a falling out with the company or no showing. This is going to be a completely worthless appearance in the long run.

Look for his match vs Savage, heel vs heel, from Saturday Night's Main Event. Should be around fall 86.

Angle wasn't fired.

I guess someone actually brought Kurt's spin job. There's always one of them.

Guest futureproof

Kurt Angle and Jake Roberts will make for a great tag team. They can be called "DEATH POOL MOST WANTED". In another example of quality fan interaction, TNA fans will be allowed to take bets on who will die first and when. The winner gets BUTT raped by Samoa Joe.

QUOTE(dubQ @ Oct 10 2006, 08:48 PM)

Angle wasn't fired.

Yes, he was.

I was wondering if anyone would buy that.

Kurt Angle and Jake Roberts will make for a great tag team. They can be called "DEATH POOL MOST WANTED". In another example of quality fan interaction, TNA fans will be allowed to take bets on who will die first and when. The winner gets BUTT raped by Samoa Joe.

You watch too much WWE.