TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

TNA Impact Spoilers for 10/14 and 10/21

Credit: Richard Trionfo and PWInsider.com

Impact for 10/12:

-In the back, Jeremy Borash is outside Jim Cornette's office. Jeff Jarrett said something about getting his belt back.

-The show opens with Samoa Joe in the ring with the NWA title. He says that he has a mission at Bound for Glory, facing three of the most psychopathic wrestlers in the world. He said that he's keeping the NWA title belt with him because the belt has been held by a paper champion who uses his pull. He said that the belt hasn't been treated with the respect it deserves and mentions names who have held the belt in the past, like Harley Race and Dory Funk Jr. He said he'll hand the belt back at Bound for Glory, but only if he gets a title match against the winner of Sting vs. Jeff Jarett. Christian Cage comes out and says that he heard Joe comment about paper champions and wanted to know if Joe was referring to him. he said that Joe doesn't look like a champion and he's never beaten Christian. Christian says that he had the belt stolen from him and he's going to take possession of the belt back tonight. He suggests they hang the belt above the ring and have a ladder match tonight.

-LAX are in the back with Jeremy Borash, saying they are on the hunt for gringo meat. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels attack them and they brawl. The fight into the Impact Zone and brawl around the building to the LAX entranceway before they are separated.

-Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal & Shark Boy defeated Petey Williams & Johnny Devine & Alex Shelley & TNA X-Division champion Senshi after Sabin pinned Shelley. After the match, Kevin Nash appeared on the video screen and said that he's been gone two months, and the X-Division is now at an all-time low. Nash announced there will be a "Kevin Nash Open Invitational X-Division Battle Royal" at Bound for Glory.

-Ron Killings & Lance Hoyt defeated The Diamonds in the Rough. Diamond was yelling at Elix Skipper and David Young after the match and throws his jacket at Elix. As he leaves the ring, Skipper went to hit Diamond but Young prevented him from doing it. Skipper is left in the ring. Killings comes out and has words with Skipper.

-Samoa Joe defeated Christian Cage in a "Ladder Brawl", which saw Abyss interfere and hit Joe with a Black Hole Slam. Brother Runt and Raven also interfered. Runt hit a crossbody off the top of a ladder onto Joe and Raven, who were brawling on the floor. Christian and Joe were both on top of the ladder when Rhino hit the ring and pulled Cage off, setting up Joe's victory. Rhino and Joe go face to face but Rhino gores Christian.

Impact for 10/19:

-Mike Tenay announces that Samoa Joe must return the NWA championship by the end of the hour or he will be removed from the TNA roster.

-Abyss, Brother Runt, and Raven brawl into the Impact Zone. Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam on Raven. Jake Roberts comes out, getting a good reaction from the crowd. He pulled out the snake when he got to the ring and Abyss sold that he was scared of it. Runt hit the ring and tells Roberts to get rid of the snake. Roberts put the snake bag on Runt's head, then hit a DDT. Roberts got the mic and said that he turned down being the referee for the Monster's Ball match at Bound for Glory, but will be the "Guide" for all four in the match. It was hard to hear the mic live.

-Christian Cage defeated Norman Smiley. Smiley was back to the full "Screaming" Norman gimmick from WCW, wearing a football uniform. Cage puts a straightjacket on Smiley, which brings out Shark Boy. Cage lays him out and wraps a straightjacket on him. Rhino hits the ring and Cage exits.

-In the back, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal are wearing flesh colored skincaps on their head and claim they are in "Senshi training." Jerry Lynn comes in and tells them to knock it off and prepare for their match. Senshi attacks Dutt and Lethal in the locker room, leading to...

-TNA X-Division champion Senshi defeated Jay Lethal. Senshi continued to beat on Lethal, which brings out Sabin. They battle but Senshi gets the better of him with a double stomp.

-NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels & The James Gang defeated America's Most Wanted & LAX. Chris Harris and Homicide banged heads, which led to the end. AMW argued among themselves. LAX started brawling with AMW. Konnan shoved Gail Kim. Hernandez hit the Border Toss on Gail Kim. They laid the LAX flags over AMW and Kim.

-In the ring, Mike Tenay says that it's time for Samoa Joe to make his decision. Earl Hebner is also in the ring. Joe came out, refused and ripped up the papers informing him he'd be removed from the roster that were in Hebner's hands. The lights went out and Kurt Angle hit the ring and got in Joe's face. He headbutted Joe and hit the Angle Slam. Angle grabbed the belt but Joe hit an enziguiri from behind. Joe cinched a choke in on Angle and security tried to break them up. During all this, Jeff Jarrett retrieved his belt. After Joe was removed from the ring, Angle took the house mic and said he's been watching TNA for a year. He said that he wasn't fired, he asked Vince McMahon for his release. He said he was back to wrestling and was going to "kick ass for the fans." He says that McMahon could kiss his "Olympic Ass" and closed out with, "It's real, it's damn real." The place exploded for Angle.

Xplosion:

-Ron Killings & Lance Hoyt defeated Frankie Kazarian & Matt Bentley.

-The Naturals defeated Petey Williams & A-1.

Yeah....I'm making sure to watch Impact. But whats up with Shark Boy all of a sudden getting a push and why is Norman doing his "Screaming Norman Smiley gimmick?

I'm amazed they're keeping up with the random Killings/Hoyt tag team. Seriously, that's the weirdest random pairing since Booker T and Test.

I'm amazed they're keeping up with the random Killings/Hoyt tag team. Seriously, that's the weirdest random pairing since Booker T and Test.

.....Test and Booker T is more random than Booker T teaming with Goldust? Are you sure about that?

Oh man, I can't wait to see the Angle/Joe match at BFG...........OH WAIT THE MAIN EVENT IS STING VS JARRETT AND THEY DIDN'T BUILD IT UP AT ALL. AND STING WASN'T EVEN THERE. WAY TO GO TNA THIS IS AWESOME THIS IS AWESOME.

Seriously, TNA, why? Joe vs Jarrett and Sting vs Christian isn't a lineup to set the world on fire, but they have been building Joe up for a while and the current TNA fans would really get into him winning the belt, and the finish of the August PPV main event definitely set up Sting vs Christian, but now that feud is basically a dead issue. OH TNA.

Oh man, I can't wait to see the Angle/Joe match at BFG...........OH WAIT THE MAIN EVENT IS STING VS JARRETT AND THEY DIDN'T BUILD IT UP AT ALL. AND STING WASN'T EVEN THERE. WAY TO GO TNA THIS IS AWESOME THIS IS AWESOME.

No need to get all emo. They will probably put shitloads of promo videos hyping Jarrett/Sting.

Promo Videos doesn't make me want to buy a PPV - they just recap what's already happened that's far from enough IMO especially with it being almost ignored by two weeks of shows.

Promo Videos doesn't make me want to buy a PPV - they just recap what's already happened that's far from enough IMO especially with it being almost ignored by two weeks of shows.

UFC been doing pretty well with that. Plus,they don't want to expose Sting's new look.

Well i think they sound like awesome shows.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOO!

Call me when they have a 2-hour TV show. Otherwise, not interested.

Why, what diffrence will it make?

Guest sarcy

The AMW/LAX stuff sounds the most interesting, imo...

Maybe it will lead to a face turn . :/

UFC been doing pretty well with that. Plus,they don't want to expose Sting's new look.

Well good for UFC, this is wrestling and hype/angle building for a huge match such as this (is supposed to be) is a whole different beast.

Well good for UFC, this is wrestling and hype/angle building for a huge match such as this (is supposed to be) is a whole different beast.

I don't disagree with you but there is more than one way and the return of Sting will get a crazy pop in Detroit,mark my words.

Plus really, what more can Sting say or do? His career is on the line, I find it more intriguing they have established an angle where he is away from the bs just training to get into an excellent condition to take down Jarrett. Meanwhile, Jarrett is distracted by Joe and losing focus making him easy prey.

It's much more appealing than Sting yelling, "My career is on the line, WOOOOO! IT'S SHOWTIME FOLKS!"

Sting being away and getting into the best shape of his life is actually a ten times more interesting approach than some idiot who shows up week after week and talks about his career being on the line.

To the guy who is bitching about no build for Sting/Jarrett - honestly, what could they do to draw interest in that anyway? The stip is there, we've had tons of pointless Sting run-ins on Jarrett, Jarrett screwing over Sting previously, MONTHS of this shit......best to just let it settle and focus on things beyond that obvious segway (sp?) match that will see Sting beat Jarrett, hopefully. Plus it seems they are purposefully holding Sting back til the ppv to draw some extra buys and to build a new look he is going for at BFG. This is all fine by me since I dont need the last two weeks of tapings wasted on needless extra Sting/Jarrett build when months have already been put on it.

I'd also give Sting/Christian a chance to build, as I clearly see that coming up down the road here, probably for the Nov ppv. Then Sting/Joe at the Dec ppv likely. Joe/Jarrett probably also for Nov's ppv. Who knows - honestly, thats what I am digging about TNA right now, you really dont know what to expect next which is GOOD.

These spoilers, quite honestly, sound better than any weeks of tapings they have done. There is alot happening, things are being shaken up, and you really end both shows with strong finishes. Angle-Joe being teased already makes me curious how soon they will be doing it, but one way or another, its good to at least tease this right off the bat to draw interest in not just Angle finally showing up, but showing up and making it mean something more than just a simple in ring interview. Make no mistake, Angle/Joe is the big $$$ match this company has been waiting for, and getting people interested in that match immediately upon Angle showing up is a really good idea.

If Russo is writing this stuff primarily, I gotta give him props.

Jesus, I never thought I'd get so much shit for pointing out that Sting/Jarrett is the main event of the biggest show of the year and TNA has done NOTHING to build it up.

Jesus, I never thought I'd get so much shit for pointing out that Sting/Jarrett is the main event of the biggest show of the year and TNA has done NOTHING to build it up.

It's been building since Sting first set foot in the Impact Zone in January. He and Jarrett have been feuding ever since, and he's been talking about removing the "cancer" from TNA and Jarrett's been talking about how TNA isn't big enough for the both of them. The build up may not have been the most enjoyable part of the show (and has certainly been overshadowed lately by the GREAT AJ/Daniels-LAX feud), but to say they haven't built it up is a bit of a stretch. Feuding with Jarrett is literally all Sting has done since he came in, which everyone has been bitching about for quite some time. I think that's all everyone's trying to say.

Yeah, but you have to keep the issue fresh in people's minds. You have to give them a reason to want to see Jarrett vs Sting THIS TIME. The idea of Sting making his big return after being gone for however many weeks would work with most shows but isn't the deal here that if he loses he retires? They should be pushing the fact that this could be the last time we see Sting (it won't be, of course, but that is the stip of the match).

In addition, I'm not a huge fan of Sting's new look:

StingsNewPaintTNA.jpg

Now if this is a prelude to him going back to the old "surfer Sting" look, that's one thing. But if he keeps the regular style and just adds colors to it, he's going to look like a freakin' clown. And I don't want Sting to start sporting the Juggalo look.

Yeah, but you have to keep the issue fresh in people's minds. You have to give them a reason to want to see Jarrett vs Sting THIS TIME.

Every week they're running videos "sent by Sting" to Jarrett and wondering what kind of message he's trying to send. They've also had Sting's "closest friends" talking up how hard he's trying and how focused he is on the match. Although I could do without ever seeing Luger or Bagwell on my TV again, the fact remains that they are keeping the issue fresh in people's minds. I agree with RedJed on this.....they don't have to be strangling each other to close the show every week to get people ready for the match, especially when that's all they've been doing all year. I mean, Sting and Hogan barely touched each other for a year before their big match and people were dying to see it. I think that's the route TNA is trying to go here.

One thing I didnt add - it pretty much pisses me off that Nash is being brought back and then upon his return here, his first words are burying the whole X division? Isn't that why they let him go in the first place?!?!!