TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

TNA Impact Spoilers for 10/14 and 10/21

Let me put it to you this way, the only way Nash can put a guy over is by LOSING TO THEM CLEANLY VIA PINFALL OR SUBMITTING. And that may even be a stretch at this point since his offense and bumps are hardly believable and he's even done a clean job to a guy like Rey back in 99 WCW and we all saw how that turned out.

Since when did anyone say anything about putting anyone over? Jacques said that Nash lost to them, you said he didn't, he proved you wrong and you and 'HTQuality Control' ran down Nash for the next 6 posts for some reason. The way he said it was pretty retarded, but still.

It isn't Nash's problem that Sabin isn't over. That guy has the charisma of a toilet paper.

Wrong. If he was given the chance (kinda like with the Jackass gimmick, only, you know, better) then he'd be able to show his charisma. At the moment he and most of the X Division are having enough problems trying to get noticed on ten minutes screen time, if they're lucky, a week. Watching Sabin in somewhere like PWG is so different from watching him in TNA, it's almost untrue.

Well...Sabin is in for some more trouble when Austin Aries returns. He's so going to be so over the top ridiculous that he'll stand out over the X division B team.

Sabin's problem is that he's supposed to be the top X division face and no one has figured out how to make people like him for anything but being a good worker. At least Lethal's black and Sonjay's indian. Sabin is just generic white guy...

Seriously what reason does anyone have to be rooting for Sabin at this point? Even without the stupid Jackass stuff?

He's been doing the same thing for the last 2 years now...only now its with Senshi and Shelley instead of Petey and Bentley.

Ok...there's 2 guys with less going for them than Sabin...I'll give him that.

Yeah, I don't know, the X-Division has become a lot less exciting since Senshi won the belt. They need to find a way to reinvent the division and make it exciting again. Or it might just be that it feels more like a lower card division now, whereas champions like Styles and Daniels and Joe made the belt feel like it belonged in main events.

That being said, I don't think Nash is going to help. But if means more Paparazzi skits, then by all means.

Yeah, I don't know, the X-Division has become a lot less exciting since Senshi won the belt. They need to find a way to reinvent the division and make it exciting again. Or it might just be that it feels more like a lower card division now, whereas champions like Styles and Daniels and Joe made the belt feel like it belonged in main events.

That being said, I don't think Nash is going to help. But if means more Paparazzi skits, then by all means.

I think they gave the belt to Senshi too quickly. They were just introducing him to the audience and if they had gave him a sustained push and an extended program with Joe, maybe where he finally beats him after one or two tries, i think he'd have been viewed on the Styles-Daniels-Joe level. But instead, they hotshotted the belt to him and they all but forgot about his push and this is what you get.

To rebuild the division, they're going to have to take the belt off him, but the problem is that he's programmed with Sabin, who would make the problem worse. Since they've got Nash back, what I'd like to see them do is having him resume his Coach role and lead Shelley to the title, though it'd be through his whole work smart/not hard deal. I think Shelley has the personality and the ability to make the division seem like a big deal and would benefit greatly from an extended run with the belt.

That said, what they're going to do is put the belt on Sabin in his hometown and let him and the Jackasses play before silent crowds for awhile.

Sabin needs ICP to chant "HAIL SABIN!" during his entrance and then take over the announce booth for all of his matches. If Konan can get the SAP guy some tv time for LAX matches then why not get ICP out there to draw in the juggalos for Sabin matches?

I don't think Shelley is the answer to the X division. He just seems like another indy looking guy in reality. I also think Shelley character would probably overshadow the rest of the division and just make things worse.

I've been saying this forever but the X division has always lack luchadores or mask wrestlers in general. I think when fans see the X division they think "Best of the Indies" title. I think we need a mixture of "full time" indy stars,luchadores and puro guys in the X division to balance out the division.

THe division also needs to go back to the basic and have great matches on a weekly basis.

I don't think Shelley is the answer to the X division. He just seems like another indy looking guy in reality. I also think Shelley character would probably overshadow the rest of the division and just make things worse.

I've been saying this forever but the X division has always lack luchadores or mask wrestlers in general. I think when fans see the X division they think "Best of the Indies" title. I think we need a mixture of "full time" indy stars,luchadores and puro guys in the X division to balance out the division.

THe division also needs to go back to the basic and have great matches on a weekly basis.

They have masked wrestlers already. There's Sharkboy...and....and...umm oh! Puma!

Yes that was ment to be sarcastic. Espically dropping Puma's name. When the last time Puma was on TNA anyways? He promotes himself as a current TNA star but I never see him on TNA.

He just seems like another indy looking guy in reality. I also think Shelley character would probably overshadow the rest of the division and just make things worse.

That's seems kinda contradictory to me...how can he be another generic indy guy, but then also have a gimmick that would overshadow the rest of the division. I think Shelley's the guy precisely because he has a gimmick that people are drawn too, whereas no one else in the division even has a real gimmick (except the Jackasses, I guess). Shelley could keep the division afloat until they build someone up to shut him up.

Again, the problem is time and booking.

You watch Chris Sabin anywhere besides TNA and he stands out more easily and is able to interact with people or to situations a lot more. In TNA, the X Division have to be concerned with getting their big spots off while TV time is remaining. That's the problem. Sabin's one of the best wrestlers in the company and possibly more importantly one of the most exciting. He's actually okay as a talker too. But up until the dumb Jackass stuff, he hadn't been doing anything but showing up and wrestling for months and your average fan doesn't care.

The same goes for the majority of the X-Division. They misused Shelley for years before lucking out with Nash. They did next to nothing with some of the best young talent going, like Aries, Strong, Kazarian, Puma, Skipper and that's why nobody cares. Given the chance and the time to have matches that aren't rushed spotfests, the X-Division and people in it would be more interesting.

He just seems like another indy looking guy in reality. I also think Shelley character would probably overshadow the rest of the division and just make things worse.

That's seems kinda contradictory to me...how can he be another generic indy guy, but then also have a gimmick that would overshadow the rest of the division. I think Shelley's the guy precisely because he has a gimmick that people are drawn too, whereas no one else in the division even has a real gimmick (except the Jackasses, I guess). Shelley could keep the division afloat until they build someone up to shut him up.

I know the statement is contradictory but that's how things are with the division. Shelley character is stronger than the others BUT his gimmick is not the type to lead the X division out of a rut. And he still look like the average indy guy, him and Sabin look like brothers. Let me put it this way "He will only appeal to the regular TNA fan and they watch the show anyway". The X division needs something completely different,gimmick wise and personality wise. Austin Starr before he left was something different. Homicide is something the division never seen.

I hate to be the one to say it but the X division is a spotfest division and there is nothing wrong with that. But if you want to have a division like that,where is all the super heroes or super villians? The late Pena from AAA understood this and became successful. Isn't the great Jushin Liger character based off a comic book? I know people preach realism since the UFC took off but TNA try that and it has not been successful over a long period.

I'm hoping over the top stars such as Austin Starr will bring some life back to the divsion. But if it does follow down that road it will become the WWE's gimmick european divison of the attitude era, guys who couldnt get over so they had that title.

Watching Sabin in somewhere like PWG is so different from watching him in TNA, it's almost untrue.

Seriously. Sabin vs. Aries from PWG's Enchantment Under the Sea is such a fabulous match. Aries steals the show with his performance as the Macho Man, but Sabin carries his own weight. I'd say it's easily my favourite Sabin match ever.

Samoa Joe is fucking dead in TNA at the moment. I don't care if he beat Jarrett, that was some of the most blatant no-selling in a match I've ever seen. Hopefully they'll come around eventually, but it seems like the indefinite ME picture is Angle vs. Jarrett.

I can't someone that's been around as long as Jarrett not understanding he'll need to step back into the pack a bit, soon. Ego is one thing, but I'm sure he likes $$$ more.

Samoa Joe is fucking dead in TNA at the moment. I don't care if he beat Jarrett, that was some of the most blatant no-selling in a match I've ever seen. Hopefully they'll come around eventually, but it seems like the indefinite ME picture is Angle vs. Jarrett.

Are we watching the same show?

Eric Young was hanging out too close to the buffet table, and Samoa Joe devoured him by mistake. When he is digested and defecated, he will become manure for a young tree outside the Impact Zone. Eventually, the tree will grow and bear fruit - one of those fruits will be the Eric Young we all know and love, and he will be back.

Real Answer about Eric:

On TNAwrestling.com, there's an announcement that Eric will be fighting Larry Z in a "Loser Gets Fired" match.

Perhaps they'll do something backstage with him this week.