TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - October/12th/2006.

This week's Impact was good overall which had Joe as the main star of the show from the beginning showcasing his mic skills to the end with his main event ring skills. Samoa Joe has a bright future ahead of him here's to hoping that TNA does the right thing with him.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to update wins/loses to see if I should count that as a match.

Count it as a ECW style no contest match that furthers storyline the proper way.

Definitely a quality show tonight. The Christian/Joe stuff was all great, and there's plenty of other interesting things going on.

Enzuigiri to Christian on the ladder and Musclebuster off of it. Joe is the man.

It looked like a PELE! A PELE! HE HIT THE PELE! to me.

Eh, when I hear 'THE BECKHAM KICK, HE HIT THE BECKHAM KICK!' i'll be a sad man.

TNA is a curious show. I want to like it but I don't quite understand what they are trying to hype. You have Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett coming up at a PPV. How do they hype it? By having Samoa Joe hold the title hostage, bringing in Christian, and Jarrett and Sting are nowhere to be found.

Anyone else feel that Russo and Co. are already considering BFG a wash and wanna get past the whole Sting/Jarrett feud and onto other things?

I thought Impact was excellent last night, one of those shows that moreless had me entertained from start to finish. I really like whatever influence Russo has right now, as more things are happening with many characters (typical Russo) and, surprisingly, nothing is at all offensive or really stupid that is going on right now. My feelings are that this show was probably the real first one that Russo had his hands more on than usual, as things just seemed shaken up here quite a bit. Everything also had purpose which is good to see.

Thoughts/observations....

-That Joe promo was GOLD. And no Jarrett even attempting to get involved in the mix......I am NOT going to complain about that as we do NOT need to see Jarrett-Joe exchanges anymore. That match sucked once, and rest assured it would suck again.

-Christian shined on the mic as well and stood out more like a star than he has in quite awhile.

-Really liked the angle with LAX and Styles/Daniels. Unique in a sense with the cage being set up on the side, etc. TNA normally doesnt do angles more than just having this person and that person run in during a match, so this was refreshing.

-The vignettes of guys talking about Sting/Jarrett was good in that they werent just basic filler. Not sure what the whole James Gang thing is leading to other than thinking back to Jarrett and Road Dogg having a history.

-Thank you Russo for shitcanning the Jackass gimmick. X division match was pretty good too.

-The Nash thing was kind of lame but I'll give it a chance even though bringing him back to dog on the division again is so counterproductive. I would imagine the battle royale at BFG will be won by Austin Aries.

-Traci managing Bobby Roode? That would be my guess.

-Good to see Skipper taken out of that tag team finally. He's been horribly underutilized for awhile now. Not sure what it means to be w/ Truth as a tag team, I think both would be much better suited as singles.

-The ladder match was pretty good for Impact standards. Good bumps and electric feeling to the match.

Sounds good, really good.

TNA is a curious show. I want to like it but I don't quite understand what they are trying to hype. You have Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett coming up at a PPV. How do they hype it? By having Samoa Joe hold the title hostage, bringing in Christian, and Jarrett and Sting are nowhere to be found.

So, when they do too much of it people complain, and when they dont do it, people complain. I can see where you are coming from and in a way i agree, but it seems TNA cant win with some fans.

I'm actually quite interested in BFG as a PPV, but TNA makes it tough. Yeah they are doing video packages for Sting/Jarrett but Sting hasn't even been seen on TV in a month. They have matches I want to see but none of them include the main event of this PPV. Jarrett/Joe for the title? Definitely. Joe/Christian? Sure. Angle/Sting as well. Angle/Joe of course. JJ/Sting? Meh.

I really think the manager of Bobby Roode will be Jackie Gayda. She's going to need something to do right?

Jackie`s about to give birth to her first child. I don`t think she`s in any position to be anybody`s manager right now. And besides, these were definately Traci`s boobs :D.

As for the show, I really liked. I don`t feel like getting into detail but this was some entertaining stuff. I can definately already see the Russo influences and I mean that in a good way believe it or not.

That may have been the best Impact! ever, so much going it does more in an hour than Raw did in 3.

I love how Russo is now getting all this praise, when HTQ and company were calling it the death knoll of the company when he was brought in.

I'm actually quite interested in BFG as a PPV, but TNA makes it tough. Yeah they are doing video packages for Sting/Jarrett but Sting hasn't even been seen on TV in a month. They have matches I want to see but none of them include the main event of this PPV. Jarrett/Joe for the title? Definitely. Joe/Christian? Sure. Angle/Sting as well. Angle/Joe of course. JJ/Sting? Meh.

King of the Mountain with everybody. Yay!

Joe isn't that great on the mic when he's calm, but when he turns up the heat and gets all worked up and pissed, then he becomes pretty damn good if you ask me. That right there should be his promo style more often.

Despite all the buzz surrounding Kurt Angle's TNA debut, Impact did only a 0.9 rating last night which is what it has been doing lately without Angle.

Meanwhile, the Ultimate Fighter did a 1.0, one of its lowest ratings ever.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Some people don't seem to get the Sting thing.

Him not being on TV for the last month or two is for storyline purposes. His career is on the line, everything he's worked for. So they gave him time off, he's gonna update his look, comeback prepared and kill Jeff dead for the title. Then Sting's gonna transition it probably to Joe it looks like. Whamo, Bammo, TNA should have it's first super star.

The returning victorious face over the villianous heel that tried to run him off. It's booking 101.

--There are some incorrect reports going around regarding the TNA demographic ratings and overall ratings from Thursday's Kurt Angle debut. The show was nowhere near show record levels in any category. The numbers that are reported are the numbers from Ultimate Fighter being confused with those for Impact. In Males 18-34 and overall viewership, even a poorly rated Ultimate Fighter as Thursday's show was, will beat TNA records. In Males 18-34, the number was the same as the prior week and slightly below the average on Thursdays. In total audience (1.1 million), it was the biggest in a few months, but still 300,000 viewers below the record level set over the summer.

From Meltzer.

Joe isn't that great on the mic when he's calm, but when he turns up the heat and gets all worked up and pissed, then he becomes pretty damn good if you ask me. That right there should be his promo style more often.

The thing with Joe is that he can get his point across from the calm and relaxed tone as the face or he can dig deep to bring out the rage in his promos. Samoa Joe has the range in his promo skills to go to either extreme which very few in the company can do. I would probably put Joe up there at the top in promo skills with Raven, Konnan, Sting, Christian.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The thing with Elix and Truth, aren't they suppose to team up with Monty Brown soon, to form B.E.T. - Brown, Elix, Truth, Black Entertainment Television.