TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Infinite Crisis Hardcore: major changes made

Got this from someone at the DC Comics board. I got the Infinite Crisis HC, so I can confirm the changes

Earth-Two is Back! IC HC Changes & Spoilers!

Posted: Oct 8, 2006 6:28 AM

There are several flat out hints that Earth-2 is coming back/still exists in the new IC HC. These line changes completely change the previous meanings in the monthly issues.

1.) In IC #5, OldLois is dying, trying to get Kal to realize he's been in denial. Lois says, "With all your powers, with everything you saw and did... you still never..." Clark says, "It can't end this way," and Lois says, "...It's... not... going..." and then dies.

HOWEVER, the new text has OldLois saying, "I see the truth now, Clark. A truth even Alexander didn't see... there's something else out there... out there..." Clark still says, "It can't end this way," and LL still says "...It's... not... going..."

QUITE a significant change. Of course, this could mean "Heaven", but I think it means Earth-2, when combined with the next examples.

2.) Also in IC #5, the Wonder Woman of Earth-2 gives her spiel, but one line is drastically changed. "But now that I've left Olympus, the gods' blessings are fading. Soon I'll no longer exist."

In the HC, Wonder Woman of Earth Two says instead, "But now that I've left Olympus, the god's blessings to keep me here are fading. I'm being pulled... somewhere. "

"Somewhere", just like Lois knowing there's something else out there, hidden from Alex.

Now the Biggie...

3.) In IC #6, when Alex is mixing up the various Earths, Psycho Pirates makes an observation: "I can feel them. Phantom beings from the fabric of Earth-One and Earth-Two, pulled from their restful place, reborn in pain and given essence -- then destroyed. Billions at a time."

Alex replies, "I planted this garden, Psycho Pirate. I have every right to tend to it."

MEGA-MAJOR changes occurs in the HC, where PP says instead, "I can feel phantom beings pulled from the fabric of the Multiverse, recreated and destroyed. For some reason, Earth-Two remains vacant . Why when billions of other beings appear across the Multiverse like ghosts. Reborn... then destroyed."

Alex' completely changed reply is, "The anomalies of Earth-Two are not my concern. Finding the perfect Earth is."

So, here, Earth-Two is a special case in all this merging

4.) In IC #7, SPB is whining that he doesn't like Earth-One. Alex replies, "This isn't Earth-One, Superboy. It never was. And now this "unified" world, this New Earth has been altered again. There are changes within its history."

In the HC, Alex' words are significant;y different: "This isn't Earth-One, Superboy. In fact, it never was. I tried to divide a New Earth. Instead, I only altered its history."

5.) And the Biggie... When Kal-L is dying in Kara's arms, in the comic book, Kal tells Power Girl he'll always be there for her and now he knows what Lois was trying to say. He says, "It's not going to end. It's never going to end... for us..." then two wordless panels, with Kal looking up into space, then the panel where he says Lois' name for the last time, and then he dies.

WELL..... In the IC HC, those two wordless panels gain some dialogue from Kal. After he says, "It's never going to end for us..." he then tells Peege, "...One day you'll see... they're still out there..." Then says Lois' name and dies.

"THEY'RE still out there?!??!!!!!"

Finally, in the interview in the end, Anton Kawasaki brings up IC #6 and "New Earth". Geoff Johns replies: "We always knew we were going to do somethings with New EarthS. THEY'RE important to "52".Big revelations there." (Emphasis mine).

Earth-Two is back!

The New Earths Geoff Johns mentions might have already been hinted at in "52". At the end of the "History of the DCU" feature The Monitor tells Donna Troy that there are two timelines, One where she dies and the one we saw in which Jade dies during the Space mission instead.

As a bonus here is the modified two page spread from Infinite Crisis #7 by George Perez

icspread.jpg

Hmmm, those are some interesting changes. Also I look the new image that Perez did. The one in the comic was seriously underwhelming.