TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

4,000 dead Americans

Now he blames the congress for not passing a spending dealie. It will probably go back and forth like this for a while.

Eventually congress is supposed to cave, or so I hear.

I still think it's basically Bush trying to drag this out 'til he leaves office, so he can't take the blame for us leaving Iraq, and that whole country falling into chaos.

Exactly.

It's a cheap trick, but not one easy to stop.

We can pull out EARLIER, but then he'll just blame all the ensuing mayhem on the congress.

I just don't get how all these Republicans can still be in favor of staying in Iraq. I guess they don't value their jobs too highly.

I do think the Democrats should have avoided putting all that pork in the bill, though. It would be one less thing for the President and the GOP to bitch about.

I just don't get how all these Republicans can still be in favor of staying in Iraq. I guess they don't value their jobs too highly.

Either they actually think they're right, or they think they can win the voters back by November 08 if they make the Democrats sound like they don't SUPPORT THE TROOPS™. (This is how this is being framed after all, not as a debate about the war, but whether or not Congress will SUPPORT THE TROOPS™.)

Bringing troops home to the safety of America seems pretty supportive to me, but I'm probably one of those anti-American liberals ® trying to give comfort and aide to the enemy.

Right now, I have this to say: Fuck you George W. Bush. Fuck you.

A huge increase in terrorism after this Administration fumbled the handling of the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor is 'nothing to get excited about'? I know it's not the same as bumping into a Mexican on the sidewalk or anything like that but still seems like kind of a big deal.

Eh, knew it was going to happen. Not really much to get excited about.

Seriously, because you're a bright guy, sit back and think about what you said. I'm not going to do some baiting shit, I just want to hear some reasoned detail for this argument. It can be done, so don't think I'll automatically disagree.

gary floyd was talking about Bush's veto, right? I just meant that everyone saw it coming. The Democrats will just have to keep pressing the President, so he keeps looking worse and worse in the media, until he finally caves.

What, I'm supposed to act all shocked and appalled by a veto everyone knew was coming? Please. There's been much worse things to get up in arms about regarding Iraq than one veto by a completely obstinate president, who clearly is unwilling to change his course of action in regards to his war.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised really, that we're creating another generation of slightly messed up if not overtly fucked up, shell shocked war vets.

I mean, and for what?

Fortunately, the architects/cheerleaders wont have to worry about any of this so they'll be ready to start something else for the next generation.