TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

The Official Ashes 2 Ashes "Stuff" Thread

1. Someone do a border run. We're long overdue.

2. Nominate theme songs here. And "War Pigs" is no longer eligible, since it's in Guitar Hero 2, which means they've sold out. And we don't like sellouts... at least, I think we don't...

... do we?

3. Anyone with specific plans, please PM me. Anyone without specific plans, post here.

Where's it being held? If it was in Los Angeles then of course 'Los Angeles Is Burning' by Bad Religion would be the only possible choice. However, it's bound to be somewhere else, so, meh.

For reasons no one has ever explained to me, A2A always takes place overseas. Last year was the Tokyo Dome... year before that was in Manchester... year before that was Sydney...

Year before that was Texas, apparently.

So yeah, I'm not sure how the whole overseas thing got started.

1. What/where is this "Rexplex"?

2. I was thinking somewhere in Africa, since we always give it the shaft on the World Tours.

The RexPlex was a place in jersey (which is already worth a tildebang) that held a bunch of ROH moments. Lot's of big ROH moments in that building.

and it's in Jersey~!

Isn't the RexPlex closed down?

We rebuilt the fucking Kingdome. We've had shows on imaginary worlds. A little thing like an arena not being there won't stop us.

Guest A Silent Presence

Wouldn't that be the opposite of showing them up?

We should just load the Kingdome up and into the back of Bruce Blank's pickup truck complete with Confederate flag decal, roll it up next to the RexPlex, and dump it on top of the building to show we're better than it is.

I hereby nominate "Praise," by Sevendust, as I've recently decided that I like this song. And I just find the concept of a brother as the frontman for a rock group to be too awesome for words.

So, grant me this boon, and pick this song... It's not like we're ever going to do a show in the Bahamas, anyway... :(

I hereby nominate "Praise," by Sevendust, as I've recently decided that I like this song. And I just find the concept of a brother as the frontman for a rock group to be too awesome for words.

So, grant me this boon, and pick this song... It's not like we're ever going to do a show in the Bahamas, anyway... :(

There was a guy called Jimi Hendrix. You should check him out.

There's also a guy called Lenny Kravitz, but although he seems to believe he's Hendrix, he's not. However, I can recommend at least some stuff by Bloc Party.

Anyway, I nominate 'Map Of The Problematique' by Muse, and I believe I can count on Muzz's support here.

that's the first time i've ever really heard WC bust out the brother bit. it's amazing how easy it is to ignore someone's race when they don't make a big deal about it.

(this is meant to be a positive post. go titans!)

I've listened to Hendrix. Can't say that I'm a big fan, but then, I'm not a big fan of any music from the seventies/early eighties, really.

I didn't start listening to music to any significant degree until my first try at college, so my musical tastes are influenced by the music of that era (early nineties).

I've listened to Hendrix. Can't say that I'm a big fan, but then, I'm not a big fan of any music from the seventies/early eighties, really.

I didn't start listening to music to any significant degree until my first try at college, so my musical tastes are influenced by the music of that era (early nineties).

Then how about Hootie?

HOOTIE!

Or Mr. De La Rocha?

NOW TESTIFY!

Guest A Silent Presence

Hootie put the "Blow" in "Blowfish".

Anyways, my vote goes to the mention of God Forbid. Antihero <3

Then how about Hootie?

HOOTIE!

Or Mr. De La Rocha?

NOW TESTIFY!

I actually did listen to H&TB; I had Cracked Rear View, but it was part of a CD collection that got stolen back when I was stationed in Italy. They're alright, but I don't know if they count as "rock" music. I always thought of them as being more "Top 40"-ish, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Isn't de la Rocha Chicano, or something? Anyway, I think that most of their stuff is okay, but the only Rage song that I really like is "Darkness," from Crow soundrack. That whole soundtrack is decent, actually: as someone who doesn't listen to a lot of rock music, that's actually one of my favorite CDs, top to bottom, of any genre.

Anyway, I nominate 'Map Of The Problematique' by Muse, and I believe I can count on Muzz's support here.

Yes.

I go now.

Sign in to follow this