TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

New Sting look

sting_green.jpg

sting_red.jpg

I think these images were on the impact videos, but im not sure (i cant catch it as much cause my housemates dont like wrestling).

What do we think?

I think its a bit lame and not much diffrent (apart from the colour obviosly). I thought hed come out lookin like surfer Sting.

I think the slow adding of color, plus how the announcer said in one of the videos that "His hair and face where white as wool" is a set-up for the return of "Classic" Sting.

But that could just be me.

Going back to the old Sting is really something he should have did a long time ago. The Crow Sting look only worked when he was trying to get revenge on Hogan. I don't recall in the Crow series that the person once they got their revenge hung around and looked for a job.

I don't know why the company is making such a big deal of the streak, or changing from white, when during what may have been the height of the wrestling boom (98) Sting went around like this...

STING.JPG

AAAAAGH!

CRAB STING!

Guest Coffey

Eh, I dig it. I don't want him to go back to surfer Sting. Wrestling is pretty much nothing but nostalgia as it is. I'd like to see a new take. I dig the new jacket that he has and I like the red mix above but I'm not real keen on the green.

Going back to the old Sting is really something he should have did a long time ago. The Crow Sting look only worked when he was trying to get revenge on Hogan. I don't recall in the Crow series that the person once they got their revenge hung around and looked for a job.

He did in the TV series, IIRC.

But then again, not many people besides me remember that TV series.

Wasn't there a few people he still had to get revenge on? I sorta remember it was a rather huge gang he was trying to take out and it was taking him forever.

Wasn't there a few people he still had to get revenge on? I sorta remember it was a rather huge gang he was trying to take out and it was taking him forever.

Well, it has been a while since I've seen the show

in the third video he has a few different colors at once over the white paint. I don't know if anyone can get a screen cap.

I think the slow adding of color, plus how the announcer said in one of the videos that "His hair and face where white as wool" is a set-up for the return of "Classic" Sting.

This is what I'm hoping for.

But not the blonde buzzcut Sting, but the Surfer Sting with the semi-long hair from right before he went to Crow Sting.

He has said himself he can't go back to the blonde short hair look because of his hailine. It has noticably receeded since his days in WCW around '00-'01. There is not way he can pull it off. He's what 48 for cryin' out loud.

This is what I'm hoping for.

But not the blonde buzzcut Sting, but the Surfer Sting with the semi-long hair from right before he went to Crow Sting.

25.jpg

21.jpg

This look, right?

I like the green version best jusding from those small hype video packages TNA has made. I dont want him to go back to anything he used to be before though. THat power and paint thing wont work today (but then again I have been wrong before).

Guest East.Coast.J

For some reason when I heard that, I got the feeling it would be less like classic Sting and more like CRAZY BIBLICAL STING with a Mordecai-ish white hair and a white facial hair. Sting in all white gear with white hair might actually be kind of cool. Lord knows they have gotten way too much mileage out of the Crow thing already.

Guest Macaroni

For some reason when I heard that, I got the feeling it would be less like classic Sting and more like CRAZY BIBLICAL STING with a Mordecai-ish white hair and a white facial hair. Sting in all white gear with white hair might actually be kind of cool. Lord knows they have gotten way too much mileage out of the Crow thing already.

I also support the concept of HOLY AVENGER Sting.

TNA, make it happen!

Lord knows they have gotten way too much mileage out of the Crow thing already.

Im surprised they got this much out of it.

But im kinda liking these new looks.