TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Gillette Fusion.

So one day I bought the new razor, because I forgot my razor at the gf place.

Man, what a waste of money. It's good, but not the smoothest I've ever used.

Anyone else use this razor?

I like it. I don't have small cuts on my face that I normally get from subpar razors.

My gripe is the fucking price of these things. Hopefully I can get a bunch of the replacement heads for xmas or something. 9 bucks for two of the heads is stupid.

I just use the classic Mach 3. I feel it works the best.

The wilkinson (sp) sword quatro cut me to shit. I tried the Mach 3 turbo (with aloe vera or whatever other crap they tried to say what was on it) and the blade was almost dull/the strips wasted away after the first shave. I stick ith the normal Mach 3 and get long use out of it.

Guest Vitamin X

I dislike all of these razors. Mainly, the thing is I have really thick, stereotypically latin curly hair and that goes for facial hair also, so if I don't shave my neck regularly, I get bad razor bumps. Thing is, all these multi-blade razors are bad for that since they shave TOO close, so I have a crappy electric razor, and I just use the back of the Gillette Fusion I have for around the mouth and trimming sideburns (which I'm constantly messing with how they should look like). I think I'll probably end up switching to just regular ol' single-blade razors, since those seem to be all I use on the Fusion, just wish I could find a blade similar to that quality.

I'd like one of those Philips SmartTouch XL dealies, but I wouldn't waste $150 on a freakin' electric razor. My $30 Philips from Target works perfectly fine, for now anyways.

I shave my face about once every six months, and when I do, I get the hot shave from Lou's Barber Shop. Nothing finer than a 65-yr old ex Marine trimming your sideburns with a straight-razor.

I dislike all of these razors. Mainly, the thing is I have really thick, stereotypically latin curly hair and that goes for facial hair also, so if I don't shave my neck regularly, I get bad razor bumps. Thing is, all these multi-blade razors are bad for that since they shave TOO close, so I have a crappy electric razor, and I just use the back of the Gillette Fusion I have for around the mouth and trimming sideburns (which I'm constantly messing with how they should look like). I think I'll probably end up switching to just regular ol' single-blade razors, since those seem to be all I use on the Fusion, just wish I could find a blade similar to that quality.

I'M YOUR VENUS I'M YOUR FIRE YOUR DESIRE

Seriously, get one.

I don't care. When I first bought it, I felt stupid and didn't want to use it around my girlfriend, but then she saw it in the grocery bag. So I shaved and it didn't cut me or leave any bumps.

The lady at the counter probably thought I was a fag, but who cares. It's the best razor I've ever used.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
You know you are shaving with a women's razor right?

get outta town. no way.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I just use the electric pop-up trimmer part and sport the five o'clock shadow look, and a goatee.

The gillette fusion isn't food.

Huh? My guess is he misspelled "good" and since edited it? EDIT: Nevermind. Progression through the boards resulted in my answer.

Has anyone seen the battery-operated version? What the heck do you need a battery for?

I'll qfe. I've been using a Mach 3 for the last two or three years (altho I don't shave all that often) and was thinking Fusion....but something about a battery operated razor doesn't sit very well with me.

Has anyone seen the battery-operated version? What the heck do you need a battery for?

It allegedly "massages" your face while you shave. Call me crazy, but having moving blades near my face isn't something I'm clamoring for.

Guest Vitamin X

All it really does is have it kind of hum/vibrate a tad, there's no moving blade. I just think it's a waste of money, like most of the Gillete products from what I see now.

And I think I'll go and try 909's suggestion.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

good thing this was moved outta the food folder. do not try to eat one of these bad boys.

I'm somewhat ashamed that I never learned to use a straight razor. It's always electric. And I really have to shave every day, or else I feel like I look disgusting.

I learned on my own when I was in university. My electric razor broke, and I didn't have enough money to buy a new one.

I'm somewhat ashamed that I never learned to use a straight razor. It's always electric. And I really have to shave every day, or else I feel like I look disgusting.

I'll agree here, I used electric for years, and I finally decided to go for Fusion for two reasons. The adverts for it over here rock, and also, electric never get you 100% smooth. Hell, not even 40%.

I'm amazed at how much better Gillette Fusion is in comparison to electric.

No cuts, all smooth.

Very happy customer.